Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skins 2nd Rounder

CanuckColt

2 minutes ago, KB said:

The best player available. Interior defensive line, backup tackle, safety depth, high ceiling WR, and a power running back are what I'm looking at. Cant pigeon hole a pick to a position tho.

Yeah, I'd like a couple of BIG D-linemen early then maybe a top WR (WR is supposed to be deep next year).  A good OT is difficult to get because of the premium on them...we would need to move up to get a quality one.

6 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Yeah, I'd like a couple of BIG D-linemen early then maybe a top WR (WR is supposed to be deep next year).  A good OT is difficult to get because of the premium on them...we would need to move up to get a quality one.

I'm ok with rolling the dice on a developmental tackle. He will probably sit the bench until Castanzo is done. I honestly dont like the idea of moving up for anyone less than a generation talent or the one piece needed for a complete team.

I still say BPA. If it gets to our pick and theres a lockdown corner there, that is better than the next d-lineman, then pick the corner. I dont look into prospect much until march so I cant even guess at how the board will look.

I'm assuming Ballard doesnt use them to move up for a QB, even tho I could understand if he decides to do that.

I would take the best defensive player, preferably a DL, with our first pick. 

I would look for another DL, and possibly a corner or an OT in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't be against trading up if we can land a top defensive player or a QB we think can be a true franchise player, either.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

No more dev players with lottery picks (high picks). 

no more Tony Uguhs or Werners. We need contributors from day 1. 

A high second rounder is usually a developmental player, in regards to an Offensive Tackle?  Tony Ugoh's pick was traded for a future 1st round pick. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Ugoh

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

A high second rounder is usually a developmental player, in regards to an Offensive Tackle?  Tony Ugoh's pick was traded for a future 1st round pick. 

Dev players in 2nd round? I highly doubt that. Was the pick of Rock Ya-Sin a dev pick/player? nope. That means subsequently that the players there after are developmental players. Of course you want to develop players to reach their ceilings, but you cant wait to build a team with high picks. With 1-2 round picks you need starters.

BTW, teams who choose to draft like this (Depth) instead of starters with high picks are teams such as the Miami Dolphins.

2 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Dev players in 2nd round? I highly doubt that. Was the pick of Rock Ya-Sin a dev pick/player? nope. That means subsequently that the players there after are developmental players. Of course you want to develop players to reach their ceilings, but you cant wait to build a team with high picks. With 1-2 round picks you need starters.

You make a point, but you fail to see the bigger picture????  I gave a response, and my response was for a Safety FIRST!  I guessed you missed that?

We need an OT as our current LT is in his last year and has no current contract.

Just now, Rackeen305 said:

unless a WR like Hollywood fell to you.

The way our WR are looking I almost wish we would of taken terry mclauren in the second round instead of Campbell. He seems to be ready and. could really help us now. Maybe you could get a stud by moving up for a WR. 

Rughr now I want DL help that can come in and play right away. I would rather move up for that then a QB or a WR. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would be ok to trade up and get a stud on the DL. We can’t keep taking all these 2ns round picks and expecting them to be studs.

We need a premiere pass rusher on this team. We haven't had one since Mathis. Houston was brought in to feel a void but we need a young guy. Should we get a pass rush, it will help out the DBs who play zone. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

You make a point, but you fail to see the bigger picture????  I gave a response, and my response was for a Safety FIRST!  I guessed you missed that?

We need an OT as our current LT is in his last year and has no current contract.

305 isn't far from me, if you would like to discuss face to face, I will show!  Learn some respect you *!

come on man.lol its in good faith. No disrespect here.

Yes we need an OT though.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Another rookie WR doesn’t really improve our WR group right away.

Some do. We all knew based on OSU's system, that Campbell would take some time. And it doesn't appear that Reich has tried to dumb down playbook to make it easy on him either.

13 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

QB, DT, OT

CBS's early mock has us gong DL first, which I'm fine with. Assuming we end up with a mid 1st, early second, and mid second, we'll be in striking distance of just about everything and the draft capital to move up if needed. 

What I found interesting is that Tua was not listed in the 1st round, but Burrow is 3rd (2nd QB taken). I'm sure we'll see some ups and downs for Tua, Herbert, Burrow, and Hurts over the next 6 months.

• Like 1

I think taking a QB In the second round would probably be a waste. I guess one could fall to you that you are very high on and you think could be a franchise guy but that is rare. I think if we do draft a QB it will be in the first rd. Whether that is this year or next we will see.  I would rather let Brissett have one more year and draft defense. We very easy could be picking in th late teens.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Some do. We all knew based on OSU's system, that Campbell would take some time. And it doesn't appear that Reich has tried to dumb down playbook to make it easy on him either.

CBS's early mock has us gong DL first, which I'm fine with. Assuming we end up with a mid 1st, early second, and mid second, we'll be in striking distance of just about everything and the draft capital to move up if needed. 

What I found interesting is that Tua was not listed in the 1st round, but Burrow is 3rd (2nd QB taken). I'm sure we'll see some ups and downs for Tua, Herbert, Burrow, and Hurts over the next 6 months.

I was thinking Jake Fromm but the draft writeup says he is more of a game manager with below-average arm strength.

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The way our WR are looking I almost wish we would of taken terry mclauren in the second round instead of Campbell. He seems to be ready and. could really help us now. Maybe you could get a stud by moving up for a WR. 

Rughr now I want DL help that can come in and play right away. I would rather move up for that then a QB or a WR. 

Nah, PC is the better long term prospect. Take a look at Washington's WRs. It's a pretty awful group, so they have been forced to inject TM into the WR1 roll early.

Reich just needs to use PC in routes that he has experience in. I think it would also help if cut down on the obvious screen calls.

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

I was thinking Jake Fromm but the draft writeup says he is more of a game manager with below-average arm strength.

Im not sure about that. From what I've heard, If Fromm is the same QB from GA, He has a cannon of an arm. I cant comment on the other areas of the QB position. 

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

With the way Brissett is playing right now im not sure another QB is a must pick while he hasn't 100% convinced me yet that he is the future if he keeps playing the way he is through the end of the season then I will firmly believe in him and that we will not need to draft another QB. Besides if our pick is mid-late 1st all the top QB's are gone.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nah, PC is the better long term prospect. Take a look at Washington's WRs. It's a pretty awful group, so they have been forced to inject TM into the WR1 roll early.

Reich just needs to use PC in routes that he has experience in. I think it would also help if cut down on the obvious screen calls.

I understand that but he could help us now. He was more nfl ready. With the injuries it would of been nice to just  having someone who could contribute. I might just be getting sucked into highlights and maybe he isn’t doing as well as he seems.

19 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

With the way Brissett is playing right now im not sure another QB is a must pick while he hasn't 100% convinced me yet that he is the future if he keeps playing the way he is through the end of the season then I will firmly believe in him and that we will not need to draft another QB. Besides if our pick is mid-late 1st all the top QB's are gone.

I think right now we draft defense and a tackle and let’s see what we have in JB. Then after next season and in the 2021 draft we can decide. I hope that is how this plays out. I think whether we think about will all depend on what Cain shows by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, CanuckColt said:

I've watched Fromm a lot the last couple of years. He's nothing special. In all honesty, I think UGA made a big mistake sticking with him over Fields, and perhaps even Eason.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I understand that but he could help us now. He was more nfl ready. With the injuries it would of been nice to just  having someone who could contribute. I might just be getting sucked into highlights and maybe he isn’t doing as well as he seems.

TM is doing fine, but he's also the absolute best WR option that Washington has right now. He's more or less getting showcased at WR1, or at least it's trending that way (he's getting the most targets as the season goes along). Washington is running plays for him, and for his strengths. He also likely benefited from having the entire preseason, unlike the injured PC. 

The funny thing about your post though, is you act like we're in desperate need for receiving threats. Even without TY, we have 3 of the top 4 players (receiving yards last year) in Ebron, Rogers, and Hines and are plenty deep. We also have Pascal (who came on at the end of the season last year) and has been effective, MAC, and the biggest add, Doyle back (who was your second leading pass catcher in 2017). We have plenty enough big bodied pass catching guys (Ebron, Doyle, MAC) without Funch.

If you want to point somewhere it's not because TY is out, Funch is out, or the young guys can't contribute. The biggest issues are 1) you have a QB that struggles getting past the 1st read, and 2) you have an offensive game plan that isn't calling plays to PC's strength, and has switched Cain to a new position (from X to Z/slot). You've also got what appears to be Rogers playing some X which is just silly IMO. Keep it simple. Let Pascal and Cain take X (like was planned pre injury last year), and let TY, Rogers, and PC handle the Z/traditional-slot duties. They've shuffled guys around a little too much... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

You overreact to most everything.   Calm down,   let the season play out.   How would you like to be a Steelers fan right now,?