Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts working out De'Angelo Henderson

CanuckColt

Not sure why?  Loved him at CCU.  Patient runner who hits the holes hard when he sees an opening, but doesn't have breakaway speed.

Got a chance late in his rookie season with Denver and became a bit of a fan fav, but got cut due to deep RB class.

Think of him as a shorter Mack.  I think this is just Ballard keeping his eye on what's out there.

16 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Not sure why?  Loved him at CCU.  Patient runner who hits the holes hard when he sees an opening, but doesn't have breakaway speed.

Got a chance late in his rookie season with Denver and became a bit of a fan fav, but got cut due to deep RB class.

Think of him as a shorter Mack.  I think this is just Ballard keeping his eye on what's out there.

I think it’s more of an indicator that behind Mack, they’re not happy at RB. Hines did squat yesterday

I hope we do find a good No. 2. I like what Ballard is doing. 

Mack is our sure thing No. 1. 

As as for our number 2 back??? It's a big question mark. Could you imagine if Mack went down?! 

Hines is our Darren Sproles. He's an RB3 that should play more/less snaps based on the opponent match-up. 

We need someone who is a jack of all trades to help wear out the defense when Mack needs a break. I don't see Wilkins as that guy anymore. Apparently either does the Colts Front Office. 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

I think it’s more of an indicator that behind Mack, they’re not happy at RB. Hines did squat yesterday

I think you hit the nail on the head...they are not happy with Hines.

They would like to use Hines as KR/PR and spot him at RB but he doesn't seem to do either role well.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Pretty sure this is more about the health of Wilkins and Williams. Hines isn't suppose to be Mack's back up or be the guy that runs between tackles a lot. He's the APB used as a change of pace and in the passing game. Hines is simply a different type of RB/Weapon.

• Like 1