Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Talking To Colts [Merge]

19colt

Considering what Garcon just got in WA, I wouild love to see 87 back in blue but if he wants more than Garcon I doubt he is here?

Well he is worth more than Garcon so I don't see him coming back. They will want to sign him for bottom dollar and that to me is like another slap in the face. Hope I'm wrong on this one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HECK YES

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/colts-in-contract-talks-to-keep-free-agent-reggie-wayne/

Colts in contract talks to keep free agent Reggie Wayne

Posted by Evan Silva on March 13, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT

reggie-wayne-pic.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

The Indianapolis Star reports that the Colts are rekindling the idea of re-signing free agent wide receiver Reggie Wayne, and were in contract talks as of Tuesday evening.

The receiver market has thinned out quickly. Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Marques Colston, Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Randy Moss, and Harry Douglas have signed contracts. Some reports suggest Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem have also picked new homes.

Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, and Wes Welker were franchise tagged.

Wayne doesn’t seem to be generating a whole lot of interest, so perhaps the Colts are hoping to re-sign him on the cheap.

The Star also reports that the Colts are in conversations with free agent defensive end Cory Redding.

This is honestly the best news of my offseason. Reggie is my favorite Colt.

If he comes back to retire a colt and usher in a new era.... I am buying his jersey. FUTURE HOF

I wouldn't run out tonight and get that jersey if they think he will come cheap might be a big surprise for Grigson. They couldn't even get Garcon to a deal so I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't run out tonight and get that jersey if they think he will come cheap might be a big surprise for Grigson. They couldn't even get Garcon to a deal so I'm not holding my breath.

Garcon got over paid though. We offered him 7 million a year and a lot of people laughed and said no way he would get anything like that on the open market. Turns out we forgot to factor in that the Redskins must print money there.

I am not going to say it's a lock Reggie comes back because it's not but with what happened with Garcon and other big name WRs going off the market the chances of Wayne returning to the Colts did go up.

Please Reggie... Please. I'll no longer feel like this is an expansion year if you're back here. Youv'e won SB's. You can help Andrew Luck. You can be the captain. A Reggie Wayne team is never desperate. Please come back.

*prays to football gods*

If he does I will celebrate with a new pair of shoes. (my weakness) Oh already did that this week. haha My Bad

haha good for you. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see him stay. Love Reggie, just the way things are going not holding much hope..... Enjoy yours shoes :)

Well look who else is out there when it comes to WR. The cream of the crop is gone in Jackson and Colston. While Wayne shouldn't get a 10 mil + a year contract he's atleast earned a decent amount for his age. Look who else is out there now in FA when it comes to WR and tell me one of them that are actually worth a good/great payday.

Yes. Miami gets a 3rd round this year and next year.

Colston got signed alreadyhttp://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i71U9zywRyhv2rYOlUIO_6iiZP1g?docId=fc763d78b0b542c6be3e6ce2f29c122f

Seems like a slap in the face since he's being contacted after Garcon was offered a contract and refused and signed somewhere else so now Wayne is being contacted. Why didn't we try and sign Wayne first? I would be insulted and I'm betting he doesn't come back for cheap money. Don't see it happening.

I still think he would like to go to the Dolphins or where Peyton goes. JMO of course

Just remember we actually have no idea who was contacted first other than what the media tells us. We know that they are wrong most of the time. I think it would be bad to let Luck not have a veteran receiver to throw too. I for one hope Reggie stays.

The biggest plus that plays in the Colts favor other than that they are talking to Reggie is that the report says Reggie isn't getting much interest. That and Garcon might have changed the situation so Reggie can comeback. With that said the longer it plays the more interest in Wayne might go up as WRs land with other teams.

Just remember we actually have no idea who was contacted first other than what the media tells us. We know that they are wrong most of the time. I think it would be bad to let Luck not have a veteran receiver to throw too. I for one hope Reggie stays.

Didn't say I didn't want him to stay but don't see it happening and we heard Reggie himself say he hadn't been contacted and that was what I was referring to. He had no reason to lie in my opinion.

Didn't say I didn't want him to stay but don't see it happening and we heard Reggie himself say he hadn't been contacted and that was what I was referring to. He had no reason to lie in my opinion.

He said that on Mike and Mike during the Super Bowl. Thats was the only time I heard it. Did he say something recently? If he did I must have missed that.

I think it's either Miami, the Colts, or whatever team Manning ends up at (Broncos)...I would LOVE to have him back, it would give Luck a veteran weapon who is still an elite receiver, IMO. With that said though, if he gets offered a huge contract by someone else, I'll say goodbye, but I think this would be a great addition especially since Garcon left, but at the right price...

I think it's either Miami, the Colts, or whatever team Manning ends up at (Broncos)...I would LOVE to have him back, it would give Luck a veteran weapon who is still an elite receiver, IMO. With that said though, if he gets offered a huge contract by someone else, I'll say goodbye, but I think this would be a great addition especially since Garcon left, but at the right price...

Took me too long to write that...HE'S BACK BABY!