Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lance would be that 'energy guy' off the bench.

..and he played great with Sabonis

the kicker is: We don't know how good Goga is or isn't. I have no idea

Thats the good thing with Sabonis, he can slide over to center and TJ Alize and Warren can run some 4.

..and the big thing, to me is: We are not tanking. We are not conceding next season because Oladipo is hurt.  We are not trying to build through the draft...

We are acquiring proven players on their second or 3rd contract

We are certainly a playoff team next year.

Our seed probably depends on when Vic returns

..and the big thing, to me is: We are not tanking. We are not conceding next season because Oladipo is hurt.  We are not trying to build through the draft...

Vic should be 100% by January which is perfect. If we bring Lance back he can pick up that slack a little. 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I love how Pritchard put money where his mouth is. We weren't linked to Brogdon at all and many teams wanted him (Dallas, Philly, etc.) Pritchard went out and got him. Added a good shooter and great player. I think KP recognizes that the East is wide open and is trying to make a roster that hold their own w/o Dipo and be really good w/ Dipo.

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

I love how Pritchard put money where his mouth is. We weren't linked to Brogdon at all and many teams wanted him (Dallas, Philly, etc.) Pritchard went out and got him. Added a good shooter and great player. I think KP recognizes that the East is wide open and is trying to make a roster that hold their own w/o Dipo and be really good w/ Dipo.

Yeah the Lakers wanted him too and LeBron wanted him. This is a great move for us.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vic should be 100% by January which is perfect. If we bring Lance back he can pick up that slack a little. 

If I'm seeing it correctly,..

…..out 4th guard right now is Edmund Sumner

Fine young man...but unproven..

Lance could play some 1..some 2 and some 3  in a pinch

..and he's a firestarter especially at home games

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Lance just makes too much sense right now. Has to happen, right?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I like Sumner, lets see how he progresses. Like Leaf, I like him but he needs to improve. We have a young team now.

6 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

To get Warren, Lamb and Brogdon....all who average 15 or more..

giving up no players and one No.1 choice (is it 2020?) is excellent work..

The Suns and Bucks and Charlotte all had to give up players due to salary desires or demands..

That's how we got Oladipo and Bogdonavic

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

To get Warren, Lamb and Brogdon....all who average 15 or more..

giving up no players and one No.1 choice (is it 2020?) is excellent work..

The Suns and Bucks and Charlotte all had to give up players due to salary desires or demands..

That's how we got Oladipo and Bogdonavic

Yeah, these were all great moves. Warren was free. Lamb is on a great contract, and Brogdon is a good trade. I'm glad the team didn't give up Holiday. 

Poor Charlotte. Rozier is making as much as Brogdon lol. I wonder why Bucks let him go. They were so close this year and could have run it back. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Sumner, lets see how he progresses. Like Leaf, I like him but he needs to improve. We have a young team now.

Just realized how young. Our entire core is under 30 and Brogdon and Vic are in their primes. 

Julius Randle to the Knicks..3 years

As bad as it feels like for the Knicks, I actually like all these young pieces the got.

Smith Jr, 

Barrett, Trier

Knox

Handle

Robinson

(2) Dal 1st

All their picks

Just now, IndyScribe said:

Yeah, these were all great moves. Warren was free. Lamb is on a great contract, and Brogdon is a good trade. I'm glad the team didn't give up Holiday. 

Poor Charlotte. Rozier is making as much as Brogdon lol. I wonder why Bucks let him go. They were so close last year and could have run it back. 

True..we didn't give up Holiday or Sabonis or Myles

Lamb is a shooter Have Gun, Will Travel….and hes got to be happy to get out of Charlotte...

and Warren might have paid us to get out of Pheonix

Brogdon is on he same contact time line with Myles...4 years

….Lamb is here 3 years...at 10-11 mil..31 mil for 3 years....

Warren is signed for 3 years..and 13 mil is his biggest pay year

Sabonis has 2 more years before he's an unrestricted free agent

Holiday has 3 more rookie pay years.

This was reboot on the fly...

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

As bad as it feels like for the Knicks, I actually like all these young pieces the got.

Smith Jr, 

Barrett, Trier

Knox

Handle

Robinson

(2) Dal 1st

All their picks

Apparently they were not willing to give Durant a max deal.

GSW was. Brooklyn was.

Knicks weren't.

To be 100% honest.. I would not have give Durant a max deal coming off a torn achilles

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True..we didn't give up Holiday or Sabonis or Myles

Lamb is a shooter Have Gun, Will Travel….and hes got to be happy to get out of Charlotte...

and Warren might have paid us to get out of Pheonix

Brogdon is on he same contact time line with Myles...4 years

….Lamb is here 3 years...at 10-11 mil..31 mil for 3 years....

Warren is signed for 3 years..and 13 mil is his biggest pay year

Sabonis has 2 more years before he's an unrestricted free agent

Holiday has 3 more rookie pay years.

This was reboot on the fly...

This was the best way for the Pacers to actually compete. Realistically, Pacers were never going to land a Kyrie/KD/Leonard level FA. I'm glad Pritchard took a risk instead of staying complacent. Now that you mention it, Lamb and Warren are probably glad they're out of those bad situations.

Edit: Is it true that Vic and Brogdon are good buddies? All I know is that he wanted out of Milwaukee. 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

now if we can just fleece someone in a Sabonis trade we will be ready to take the east next year when Dipo gets back 

I think Sabonis is gone too with the Brogdon trade. Maybe not during the summer, but the trade deadline at the latest. Preferably a PF (Aaron Gordon was being thrown around). 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Jimmy Butler to Miami

bad day for the 76ers

Kept Harris, and initial rumor is Josh Richardson is involved in trade.

But yeah I agree, lose Redick and Butler is a hit. Even TJ McConnell is probably gone.

So it seems with getting rid off all cap holds we would be around $6.2m or so in cap space.

Goga and Sumner would run us about $4.6m.

Leaving us with $1.6m and an exception.

If we can move Doug and save that $7.3m, that would get us up around $8.9m in space.

Still need some depth in backcourt and probably a wing and 1 more big.

Joseph

Lance

Justin Holiday

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

So it seems with getting rid off all cap holds we would be around $6.2m or so in cap space.

Goga and Sumner would run us about $4.6m.

Leaving us with $1.6m and an exception.

If we can move Doug and save that $7.3m, that would get us up around $8.9m in space.

Still need some depth in backcourt and probably a wing and 1 more big.

Joseph

Lance

Justin Holiday

Lance Lance Lance haha and a bruiser

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Philly's roster is the best on paper. They're looking scary. If Simmons learned how to shoot, they'd be favorites, easily. 

Edit: Philly is copying the Pacers lol. Pacers went big and Philly copied.

When we play the 76ers...we'll have the big guys to guard Horford and Embid

But just like us...who is the '4' for the 76ers

35 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Shocker:

DeAngelo Russell to Golden State in a sign-and-trade?

How?  Who does GSW send to the Nets.

GSW has to be going into the tax for this, right?

Looks like they are trading Iguodala and a 1st to the Grizzles. Iguodala might be waived by the Grizzles. He can't return to GSW for a year though.

On paper I don't think D'Angelo is the greatest fit with Curry and Thompson. At the same time I don't blame either side. Having to figure this out in a year when Klay returns isn't really a bad problem to have.

If your GSW you needed to get another star to replace KD. It's better to get D'Angelo and see what happens vs doing nothing.

For D'Angelo I don't blame him for choosing GSW over other options. Go to Minnesota if they were able to clear the cap space? Return to the Lakers or go to the Clippers? GSW is as good or better than any of those options, imo. 

In the back of my mind I thought maybe the surprise of free agency might be the Warriors ending up with another star forward, Kawhi or Jimmy Butler, to replace KD. Ending up with D'Angelo Russell isn't the worst outcome for them.

2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

GSW has to be going into the tax for this, right?

Looks like they are trading Iguodala and a 1st to the Grizzles. Iguodala might be waived by the Grizzles. He can't return to GSW for a year though.

On paper I don't think D'Angelo is the greatest fit with Curry and Thompson. At the same time I don't blame either side. Having to figure this out in a year when Klay returns isn't really a bad problem to have.

If your GSW you needed to get another star to replace KD. It's better to get D'Angelo and see what happens vs doing nothing.

For D'Angelo I don't blame him for choosing GSW over other options. Go to Minnesota if they were able to clear the cap space? Return to the Lakers or go to the Clippers? GSW is as good or better than any of those options, imo. 

In the back of my mind I thought maybe the surprise of free agency might be the Warriors ending up with another star forward, Kawhi or Jimmy Butler, to replace KD. Ending up with D'Angelo Russell isn't the worst outcome for them.

I am glad because I think he is locker room problem. Not good for Indy and when he was in LA he wasn't good.

Archived