Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell

Scott Pennock

22 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

https://www.draftace.com/2019/03/07/parris-campbell-scouting-report/

The stats say he doesn't have an issue with his hands but one could argue that a lot of his catches were of the shorter variety.

I mean... I don't really have an issue with a WR turning a 5 yard catch into a 60 yard TD, that type of explosiveness is much needed in our passing game.

• Like 4

On 4/30/2019 at 6:06 AM, lollygagger8 said:

As my family and I lovingly say when we get stuck behind one of y'all in traffic,

"GO BACK TO OHIO" 

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. .... And.. Ha. 

15 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Been watching film on him. He really needs to work on his blocking. Not good when trying to help out the run game. 

I'm not sure Parris Campbell was drafted for his blocking prowess, or that he will be used in any package that isn't either A) Designed for him B) 3 or more WR or C) An obvious passing situation. I see no reason to have Campbell on the field in any running situation, at least early on. It's like saying Q Nelson needs to work on his receiving, because he could be eligible one day. Most speedster WRs aren't blockers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'm not sure Parris Campbell was drafted for his blocking prowess, or that he will be used in any package that isn't either A) Designed for him B) 3 or more WR or C) An obvious passing situation. I see no reason to have Campbell on the field in any running situation, at least early on. It's like saying Q Nelson needs to work on his receiving, because he could be eligible one day. Most speedster WRs aren't blockers. 

Yeah cain and funchess  can block.

18 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Go and watch his film. Even on screen plays which he’ll be asked to block for. He isn’t a willing block. He actually gave up on a block which resulted in negative yards. I’m not saying everything else isn’t there. However in the NFL doesn’t matter how fast or whatever you’re going to notion. You have to block. Even Ty Hilton blocks. 

19 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

There will come a time when he is going to have to block. He will be required to block for TY, Ebron, Funchess or anyone else depending on the play.

I'm not going to make an issue out it because I think the coaches will teach him. With his size and speed he shouldn't have a problem learning.

4 hours ago, a06cc said:

Go and watch his film. Even on screen plays which he’ll be asked to block for. He isn’t a willing block. He actually gave up on a block which resulted in negative yards. I’m not saying everything else isn’t there. However in the NFL doesn’t matter how fast or whatever you’re going to notion. You have to block. Even Ty Hilton blocks. 

Why would Parris Campbell be on the field during a screen play that wasn't designed for him?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

There will come a time when he is going to have to block. He will be required to block for TY, Ebron, Funchess or anyone else depending on the play.

I'm not going to make an issue out it because I think the coaches will teach him. With his size and speed he shouldn't have a problem learning.

I think it's a non factor at this point. Obviously at some point you probably want him to start blocking so that he can stay on the field, but he's a situational guy at this point. Most plays he's gonna be on the field for will either be designed specifically for him, or he'll be a decoy. He won't be on the field in the traditional 2 TE/2 WR stuff (TY and Funchess), just 3 wide or designed plays really. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Why would Parris Campbell be on the field during a screen play that wasn't designed for him?

Because maybe we don’t want to be too predictable.   Maybe he’ll be there to be a decoy.

We don’t want opposing defenses to know that when Parris is on the field we only do A, B or C...   but never D, E or F.     

55 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Running Back screens. There is no way you can honestly sit here and say he’ll never be asked to block during his NFL career. I’m not saying his play making abilities aren’t there. I just see a weakness to his game. He will have to work on blocking.

Frank to Parris.  Now, Parris, that 80 yard TD run was real nice and all, but i need you to block on this next play or the locker room is gonna think you’re special ( whisper...which you are) .so .just get in front of him... You don’t even have to touch him.

• Like 1

he needs to work on route tree as much or more than blocking. 

he's a true project in both those areas. 

that said, he's a special talent in all the things he already knows how to do.

very high ceiling, and i'm not that concerned about his willingness or ability to work hard and learn the other things.

13 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I think it's a non factor at this point. Obviously at some point you probably want him to start blocking so that he can stay on the field, but he's a situational guy at this point. Most plays he's gonna be on the field for will either be designed specifically for him, or he'll be a decoy. He won't be on the field in the traditional 2 TE/2 WR stuff (TY and Funchess), just 3 wide or designed plays really. 

He'll have to block at some point. Maybe our WR corp is hit with injuries. Maybe he's a decoy. Maybe T.Y. catches a slant and Campbell is upfield so he has to block a DB while T.Y. takes it to the house.