Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

8 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

From NFL DRAFT website page on Campbell >>>>>>> "Teams know he's a gifted athlete, but he needs to add more polish as a route-runner to become a well-rounded target".....Can the Colts let that guy who announced his pick work with him ???

I bet he would lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

DK has to be falling due to the medical. Parris Campbell has the same route tree but is 3 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter. 

Not really the same route tree. DK ran a lot of deep routes exclusively while Parris ran a lot of screens, slants, etc. DK also has almost no lateral agility and Campbell's is outstanding. I don't see any comparison between the 2 outside of the fast 40 times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RNGDShobby said:

still plenty of S and WR left. agree with DT but other than Tillery there wasn't a lot there at 26 either.

Just not sure the second next year, and the extra 5th is worth what we could have easily had.

I do like RYS a lot, but not at 34. I think Love would have been more than fine later, and perhaps a better fit to our system. Love is proven while RYS is raw and needs a lot of polish. I would have preferred several Ss over RYS at CB

I like Campbell too, but not near as much as AJB. He needs a ton of polish on his route tree, and is a Z/slot combo. I would have taken AJB (polished and could play any WR potion), DK (X/Slot), or Isabella (Z/slot) before him. BUT, I'm super stoked and just thankful we took a WR with legit speed to go vertical. happy happy happy happy :banana::rock::thanks:

And Banogu..... sorry, he's not going to be the next sleeper like Leonard. Feel free to write it down and remind me.  Truly hope he proves me wrong, but I think this is a major reach. I don't see him translating to the NFL well. 

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

Not really the same route tree. DK ran a lot of deep routes exclusively while Parris ran a lot of screens, slants, etc. DK also has almost no lateral agility and Campbell's is outstanding. I don't see any comparison between the 2 outside of the fast 40 times.

I'm saying they both ran a few routes. Neither were guys who were asked to run a variety of routes down the field. Parris Campbell was a gadget player. Not saying they are the same player, just that they have similar limitations.

I do think Parris Campbell has the better chance of becoming a great route runner because of the agility. I'm just a little concerned because he did not face a lot of press coverage, and did not run a lot of routes down the field that required cutting and not just running straight.

Would not surprise me at all if DK was a top receiver in a few years. The offense at Ole Miss did not help him out at all. 

I believe in his ability and think he will improve the route running to a good enough degree to be scary in the NFL. Definitely somebody teams will have to gameplan for.

35 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That was disappointing. I have never heard of this guy -- Mattison. Why not draft Butler, Willis or Omenihu? 

Oh well. I have to trust the decision-makers. 

Good night folks. See you tomorrow. :thmup:

I like Mattison and think he'll be the perfect compliment to Cook. A scouting overview on him:

"Alexander Mattison is an intriguing all-around threat out of the backfield. Mattison runs with good power, terrific violence/urgency, shows some admirable vision pressing the line of scrimmage and offers some modest pass receiving skills. Mattison isn't going to be a player who wins a lot of footraces, but that isn't his game anyway. He's much more effective and dynamic between the tackles and slashing through the point of attack."

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

DK has to be falling due to the medical. Parris Campbell has the same route tree but is 3 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter. 

I like both players though, and Parris has ridiculous potential if he can develop. Like Top 10 receiver potential.

DK falling due to injury concerns and lack of agility.

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches Who are the best players remaining on the Stitches Big Board? Which players are you surprised are yet to be drafted? 

Hey, I will be on my phone for the rest of the weekend and won't have access to my board so I can't really pull the list right now. I posted my board somewhere on the draft and trades section of the forum... you can look for it if you can. It's hard for me to do much on my phone, sorry...

From the very top, I think Hakeem Butler is still available... Miller from Alabama, Anthony Nelson, Wilson, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Thornhill, Hooker... I'm missing someone for sure.

Most surprising to be still out there is Hakeem and Chauncey IMO

• Thanks 1

Congrats to Bryce Love. Glad that a team took a chance on him. I love the kid. 

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Very surprised that Bryce Love went before Justice Hill. I thought Justice Hill, Dexter Williams, and Rodney Anderson would all be picked in the 3rd round.

I did think Bryce Love was worth an early 4th though.

I wish the Vikes had drafted Bryce.

(These merged :( )

• Like 1

As A lifetime USC Trojan fan . In the USC message Board we had a lot of conversations about OLB/DE  Porter Gustin of USC. I was not the only one who thought he arrived on the football field with the same attitude as ex-colt Bob Sanders . He is expected to be a late round pick had injury but when healthy many PAC-12 beat reporters felt he might have been best defensive player in Pac-12 ……. He is still on the board .