Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers agree to work on potential AB trade.

Here’s the thing. I’m not gonna push for or say we shouldn’t shoot for this trade. However, TY needs the help, and with reports stating Roethlisberger is the cause of a lot of the locker room drama... Well, who knows then? If it’s a 3rd round pick then why not? We’re more than likely trading Jacoby, and the compensation pick for Moncrief more than make up losing a 3rd. 

Luck/Brown/Hilton/Ebron/Doyle/Mack/Inman would be crazy good with the way our oline is now. 

19 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Here’s the thing. I’m not gonna push for or say we shouldn’t shoot for this trade. However, TY needs the help, and with reports stating Roethlisberger is the cause of a lot of the locker room drama... Well, who knows then? If it’s a 3rd round pick then why not? We’re more than likely trading Jacoby, and the compensation pick for Moncrief more than make up losing a 3rd. 

Luck/Brown/Hilton/Ebron/Doyle/Mack/Inman would be crazy good with the way our oline is now. 

I think there is no way the steelers will A. B. Let walk away for a 3rd round pick. Never ever! Minimum a 1st + X

Edit: My tips are :

Raiders

Packers

Bills

:D

20 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

I think there is no way the steelers will A. B. Let walk away for a 3rd round pick. Never ever! Minimum a 1st + X

Edit: My tips are :

Raiders

Packers

Bills

:D

Any team who might trade for AB will also have to pay his large contract so it's not as simple as giving up a 3rd round pick. 

Is it worth it to the Steelers to get rid of AB and his contract for a 3rd round pick?

He’s got a big contract for any team to take on. He’ll probably won’t more add to his contract also. Then he’s about to turn 31. Add that to all the drama and I think Pittsburgh would jump to trade him for a 2nd rounder. I don’t see them getting much more, considering how everything has played out. Also this draft is deep at wr, why not just draft one that 8 years younger and comes with less drama. 

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'd be shocked if he isn't playing for the 49ers next year. That's been the loudest chatter.

Makes the most sense. They will likely want him out of the AFC. And AB wants to play in SF...and I assume SF would be interested to some degree.

The PIT game next season is in SF...and then they likely won't play again for a while. So they won't have him coming back to PIT anytime soon.

Though I am sure PIT doesn't really care what AB wants at this point...so maybe they will ship him to BUF (my keeper team really hopes they don't).

14 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

He’s got a big contract for any team to take on. He’ll probably won’t more add to his contract also. Then he’s about to turn 31. Add that to all the drama and I think Pittsburgh would jump to trade him for a 2nd rounder. I don’t see them getting much more, considering how everything has played out. Also this draft is deep at wr, why not just draft one that 8 years younger and comes with less drama. 

When people are talking about paying Tyrell Williams $11M/year or Adam Humphries $10M/year...AB's contract is pretty good.

The team trading for him is only taking on base salary...which equates to ~$12M/year over the next three. I think there's also a $2.5M roster bonus this season as well...so let's call $39M total.

Would you rather have Tyrell Williams for 4/$44M with $20+M gtd...OR AB for 3/$39M with $2.5M gtd.

Sure you have to give up a draft pick. But if it's not too high of a pick...it's a much much better investment football wise. Non-football wise is the question.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shastamasta said:

When people are talking about paying Tyrell Williams $11M/year or Adam Humphries $10M/year...AB's contract is pretty good.

The team trading for him is only taking on base salary...which equates to ~$12M/year over the next three. I think there's also a $2.5M roster bonus this season as well...so let's call $39M total.

Would you rather have Tyrell Williams for 4/$44M with $20+M gtd...OR AB for 3/$39M with $2.5M gtd.

Sure you have to give up a draft pick. But if it's not too high of a pick...it's a much much better investment football wise. Non-football wise is the question.

Yes I would rather have Tyrell Williams or Adam Humphries on the Colts.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes I would rather have Tyrell Williams or Adam Humphries on the Colts.

No way. That's just you being the teenager with all black clothes on and black dyed hair with a Marilyn Manson shirt on (screaming to be different, and incite debate). Nobody in their right mind can say that from a -being better at football offensively- standpoint that either of those guys bring the dynamic that AB does. He had 15 TDs this season, and Ben was doing everything in his power to throw it Juju's way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

No way. That's just you being the teenager with all black clothes on and black dyed hair with a Marilyn Manson shirt on (screaming to be different, and incite debate). Nobody in their right mind can say that from a -being better at football offensively- standpoint that either of those guys bring the dynamic that AB does. He had 15 TDs this season, and Ben was doing everything in his power to throw it Juju's way. 

Eric Ebron had 13 TDs this last season and didn't quit on his team. So yes I would rather have Williams or Humphries on the Colts.

18 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

That is what happens when a player puts themselves over the team they are playing for.  Hell, I wish we could trade for Juju myself.

Any team that trades for him and doesn't redo his contract exactly like he wants it is going to have deal with him causing problems.

As good as he is he isn't worth the headaches and baggage he brings.

And let's say CB goes crazy brings him in and works a new contract. Do you give TY a matching deal? If not what does that say to your locker room... and you have an unhappy TY. 

I don't understand why some believe it's as simple as "he's good let's get him". 

• Thanks 1