Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown is officially on the trade block

CR91

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I was just joking, that's why I used the italics. Sorry. I think Indy is in 32nd place in terms of signing AB, however I do think they end up with more in FA than people/fans think.

It’s all good! Honestly after seeing him in recent interviews and how he completely ripped on Ben I want no part of him. 

Agreed on our haul of FA’s this year. Fingers crossed for a couple of big names. Small attitudes haha

1 minute ago, CamMo said:

What’s wrong @MTC? 

Is Josh Allen a good QB? I really don’t pay any attention to the Bills. Definitely didn’t think he’d go there.

Probably the wrong GIF choice there. 

My intended reaction was "wow" with a happy-surprised emotional tear. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That is interesting. Allen, mccoy, and brown could be a nice trio

If only McCoy was 4 years younger and Josh Allen could throw more than 30% of NFL throws they'd be super bowl favorites.  

Let's hope AB is happy there where Allen will over/under throw him by a mile... Lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

If only McCoy was 4 years younger and Josh Allen could throw more than 30% of NFL throws they'd be super bowl favorites.  

Let's hope AB is happy there where Allen will over/under throw him by a mile... Lol

I said could. Allen was playing better at the end of the season

My only question here is. Who let this slip to Rapoport and why? Ian and Adam are the two most well connected guys in the league. They don't just make stuff up and La Canfora it. If Rapoport tweeted that out, it's because he was hearing from multiple of his trusted sources that that's what was going to happen. 

It sounds to me like someone in the Steelers organization is playing games with Brown here. Everyone knows Brown watches social media, so why not leak that you're trading him to the dumpster fire of the NFL. Almost in a, "Look how much worse things can get." kind of way

Vic Carucci says there was an inquiry by the Bills, but not much more than a kicking the tires dialog.  And he said 2 Bills insiders (Vic is tightly connect in Buffalo) said they were surprised the Rap Sheet even reported it, as it was not imminent, nor likely to happen.

Thus the deal eventually falls through.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-trade-rumors-steelers-send-antonio-brown-bills-stats/nx312un8ub0d15i0jnmvtfbcg

I expect Steelers to trade him for a conditional 7th pick to an NFC team before the dealing him to the Patriots...

4 hours ago, Exodus said:

My only question here is. Who let this slip to Rapoport and why? Ian and Adam are the two most well connected guys in the league. They don't just make stuff up and La Canfora it. If Rapoport tweeted that out, it's because he was hearing from multiple of his trusted sources that that's what was going to happen. 

It sounds to me like someone in the Steelers organization is playing games with Brown here. Everyone knows Brown watches social media, so why not leak that you're trading him to the dumpster fire of the NFL. Almost in a, "Look how much worse things can get." kind of way

Nah, it's just Rapoport wanted to be the first to report it and didn't wait for confirmation.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He was right. He even mentioned there was still details. Well one of details was brown actually wanting to go to the bills. He refused so the deal for nixed.

Talking is not trading. I am sure there has been a lot of talking but no one can report that as a trade. He was jumping the gun.

It's a big deal to be the first to report something for some reason.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the Steelers really botched this. They are going to end up just having to cut him and not get anything.

This will never happen. Never.  They would trade him for a conditional 7th round draft pick  (likely to an NFC team) before ever cutting him as a last resort.

Would you (as a couch GM) give a conditional 7th round pick for him?

Then he will be a FA. Interesting perspective on good morning football is the Steelers hurt themselves by trashing brown.

IMO, Steelers let Ben and Brown get away with too much.  Both of them.  And they eventually faced off. It blew up in their face.

47 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

IMO, Steelers let Ben and Brown get away with too much.  Both of them.  And they eventually faced off. It blew up in their face.

Agreed, and some fans have blamed Tomlin for that reason.

Still, as a competitor, I’m surprised it got to the point where AB didnt go to meetings or play in that game. Almost feel bad for the fans...Almost. lmao