Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marlon Mack’s trade value?

I don’t think the Colts sign Bell in FA due to his lack of locker room fit. 

I think Mack can be a star personally, but I don’t think he would be happy getting 8 snaps a game behind Bell. 

However, if the Colts do go that route and sign Bell, do we explore the idea of trading Marlon Mack? If so, what is his worth given a lack of talent at RB in this draft?

Jay Ajayi was had for a 4th round pick mid-season. Is Mack capable of bringing in an early 3rd round pick? 

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I don’t think the Colts sign Bell in FA due to his lack of locker room fit. 

I think Mack can be a star personally, but I don’t think he would be happy getting 8 snaps a game behind Bell. 

However, if the Colts do go that route and sign Bell, do we explore the idea of trading Marlon Mack? If so, what is his worth given a lack of talent at RB in this draft?

Jay Ajayi was had for a 4th round pick mid-season. Is Mack capable of bringing in an early 3rd round pick? 

No

Considering his cap hit on his current rookie deal is 750k and 830k for the next two seasons, it's safe to say he isn't going anywhere until he's eligible for free agency... ESPECIALLY if we bring a big money back in like Bell. Unless you want to draft another and call Mack a wash, which I would hope not one person on this forum is ready to part ways with quite yet, this is all a moot point. Mack and Bell would be deadly together. But it ain't happening. 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

we could actually get something from mack in a trade rather than just park him on the bench, thats why i entertained the question

he would be a good back up, but so would hines and hes a better receiver too

Getting multiple RBs on the field isn't hard and we did with hines and mack. Bell can essentially even play as a slot. So between 2 back sets, some end around/ jets and bell running routes from the slot, Mack will find plenty of snaps even behind Bell.

13 hours ago, aaron11 said:

we could actually get something from mack in a trade rather than just park him on the bench, thats why i entertained the question

Exactly my thinking

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What is the deal?  Wanting to trade our talented players.

Mack isn't going anywhere and I highly doubt Bell will be a Colt.

Not just our talented players, but the ones our GM handpicked. It is never going to happen. Trading Mack to clear the room for a diva like Bell could taint Ballard's overall body of work in itself if it doesn't pan out. Not. Going. To. Happen.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:59 AM, aaron11 said:

Even if Ballard did get Bell (I highly doubt) most teams use RBBC so Mack would still get his carries. He would not be parked on the bench. He is too talented.

If Mack would have played the whole season his rushing yardage would have been right up there with the best of them.

908 yards-9 TDs-4.7 average. You don't bench those numbers.