Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans around the World

coltsfeva

33 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Be careful who you call from the UK. A lot of other Irish people would be veeeeery offended:ninja:

That's a fair point mate, apologies.  I was just scanning through comments looking for close locations....should maybe have phrased it better. 

Hi!

I'm from Porto Alegre, Brazil (south of the country). My first NFL game was Colts x Jets in the 2009-2010 playoffs and in that game I decided I liked that guy Peyton Manning haha.

Since 2010, each year I watch more games. I used to watch games (from all teams, not just Colts) on the brazilian ESPN (the channel here broadcast all playoff game and 6 chosen game per week in the regular season), but this year I used Gamepass to watch all Colts games (this year was also the first one I watched the draft). 

Another curiosity about Brazil is that NFL had a huge growth along those past years and in 2017 was the third country in the world with more NFL fans (after US and Mexico)

622_4e16ef61-c26e-3809-b14c-ae4c102a6b32

The only problem is that the Colts is a not popular choice here (I never met another Colts fan here besides me). One of the most popular sites around here made some quiz with almost 30,000 people and their preferences and the Colts is the number 10:

Lista_NFL.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/17/2019 at 8:12 AM, coltfaninnewyork said:

Yonkers, New York local sports bar 

Yard House at Ridge Hill in Yonkers??  It is not a bar but they have enough TV screens to watch any NFL game. I was there on Saturday. We enjoyed it. 

It's fantastic to see that this forum has Colts fans from all over the world. 

• Like 3

On 2/18/2019 at 11:05 AM, DaveA1102 said:

1. I live in a small town called Alloa in the centre of Scotland.

2. I subscribe to Gamepass and have Sky Sports too so watch all Colts games live although, if it is a late game here, I will usually get up early and watch it on replay before work rather than stay up late so that I can fast forward through ads. 

Because most of the games this year were at the same time as Redzone, a lot of the time I bring down a second TV to the living room to watch the Colts game on one screen and Redzone on the other.  My wife is not a fan of this set up!!! haha

3. It is rare for me to re-watch a game, mostly due to having a lack of spare time available with a very young family.

On a side note in response to how I became a Colts fan.  I had been watching the NFL for a few years and decided I needed to pick a team.  Being a Glasgow Rangers fan, I wanted to pick a team in Blue and White to stay "on brand" (plus the blue really brings out my eyes, lol) and one of my favourite TV shows is Parks and Recreation and I saw an episode where they visited LOS, so that was it!

Also a Rangers fan Dave. I think next year will be our year......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Also a Rangers fan Dave. I think next year will be our year......

Good man! We at least seem to be finally going in the right direction after years of false dawns.

Yeah, a step too far this year but we just need to find consistency, as we have shown how good we can be on our day.  If we manage that we could be a force to be reckoned with.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:54 PM, coltsfeva said:

Since we’re in a bit of a lull. I thought I’d ask::

1.Where do Colts’ fans live ?

2. How do they watch/listen to games ?

3. Do they re-watch games, win or lose ?

1. I live in Denmark - Europe, in the city of Aalborg

2. I watch the games on my PS4 through NFL gamepass

3. I rewatch games, not all, but some I do rewatch

Go Colts

Colts fan from Kent, England.

Spent a year at Indiana University, Bloomington in 2010-11. Was an NFL fan before that but didn't follow a team. Went to LOS to watch Peyton beat the Bengals that season and was a confirmed Colts fan from then on. 

Came back in 2013 and saw us lose to the Dolphins at LOS, and hoping to make another visit for the upcoming season.

Lucky enough to meet Andrew Luck at an event in London a couple of years ago and he signed a mini helmet for me.

• Like 1

I live in Kilsyth, (near Glasgow) Scotland

I watch the games on Sky Sports and also follow the text updates via NFLscores or ESPN.com if the Colts games in not featuring on SKY or I am not near a TV.

I would not watch a re-run of a full game, but will watch youtube highlights on the Monday following a game.

If circumstances allow, I will watch an 8.25pm game (1.30am) kick off in Scotland in full with my son.

As I have no doubt bored everyone on here, I have now seen the Colts live 3 times, once at Wembley and then in New York and Indianapolis last season.

I would say that seeing the team live last October now rates No1 on my list of all time top sporting trips, even eclipsing going to France to watch Scotland play in 1998 World Cup Final.

The reason for this is that I was able to do this trip with my Family whereas France was on my own.

I am not sure if I will get back to Indy or USA to watch another game, but I have my memories to last a lifetime.

I would encourage any other "worldwide" fans to try to make a trip across to see the team, you will be assured a great welcome, spend time in a lovely city, and enjoy a game in one of the best stadium in the world (in my opinion).

I also love this Forum, getting an inside track on what is happening and also having a platform to ask the questions that few people in Scotland are able to answer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kccolts said:

I live in Kilsyth, (near Glasgow) Scotland

I watch the games on Sky Sports and also follow the text updates via NFLscores or ESPN.com if the Colts games in not featuring on SKY or I am not near a TV.

I would not watch a re-run of a full game, but will watch youtube highlights on the Monday following a game.

If circumstances allow, I will watch an 8.25pm game (1.30am) kick off in Scotland in full with my son.

As I have no doubt bored everyone on here, I have now seen the Colts live 3 times, once at Wembley and then in New York and Indianapolis last season.

I would say that seeing the team live last October now rates No1 on my list of all time top sporting trips, even eclipsing going to France to watch Scotland play in 1998 World Cup Final.

The reason for this is that I was able to do this trip with my Family whereas France was on my own.

I am not sure if I will get back to Indy or USA to watch another game, but I have my memories to last a lifetime.

I would encourage any other "worldwide" fans to try to make a trip across to see the team, you will be assured a great welcome, spend time in a lovely city, and enjoy a game in one of the best stadium in the world (in my opinion).

I also love this Forum, getting an inside track on what is happening and also having a platform to ask the questions that few people in Scotland are able to answer.

I concur with all of the above. Originally from Airdrie, Scotland.

On 2/23/2019 at 11:49 AM, British_Colt said:

Colts fan from Kent, England.

Spent a year at Indiana University, Bloomington in 2010-11. Was an NFL fan before that but didn't follow a team. Went to LOS to watch Peyton beat the Bengals that season and was a confirmed Colts fan from then on. 

Came back in 2013 and saw us lose to the Dolphins at LOS, and hoping to make another visit for the upcoming season.

Lucky enough to meet Andrew Luck at an event in London a couple of years ago and he signed a mini helmet for me.

Was at the same event, and he signed my #12 jersey! Was a very entertaining evening and Andrew came across as a very classy young man.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:34 PM, braveheartcolt said:

Scottish (no surprise - see user name!), but now living in the South of France. Watch on Game Pass and not a fan of re-watching us lose.

Seen the Colts twice, at the LOS vs Seahawks in 2013, and in London vs the Jags. Hoping to see them in Indy again soon.

I am glad you were able to go to a game here at LOS, nice experience and you can tell people you went to a Colts home game :thmup:. That was a great game to go as well. We won that game by beating the Seahawks who won the SB that year.

• Like 1