Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans around the World

coltsfeva

23 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Since we’re in a bit of a lull. I thought I’d ask::

1.Where do Colts’ fans live ?

2. How do they watch/listen to games ?

3. Do they re-watch games, win or lose ?

I’m from Wilmington Delaware 

I have NFL game pass (not NFL Sunday Ticket) I have it on my mobile phone and TV

I watch mostly wins but I have watched losses, to see how close we were to winning. In a lot of those early losses , we beat ourselves.

I'm in central Pennsylvania.  Steeler and Eagle country.  My brother's wife's sister lived in Baltimore and my brother would take me to Colt games in Baltimore as a child.  One of my fondest memories is shaking Unitas's hand in the stadium hallway. Meeting Lenny Moore and Bert Jones were highlights too.  I can still close my eyes and see,smell, and feel the stadium.

When they moved, there was never a question of changing teams, for I was fully emotionally  invested in those road whites.

Oh, and i got directv the year Manning entered the league.  I have every Colt game (and Manning's Bronco games) recorded, along with many pre-manning era games.  I also went a lil crazy during the super bowl run and recorded all the sports news and media stuff to document the run.  I enjoy watching old games in the off-season.  Keeps me out of trouble.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

There was also an interview too on the Rich Eison Show

I don’t believe in Rich Eisen or this “radio” you speak of.  I’m just glad to know Corey Taylor is a Colts fan....”Under the water, It's cold and it's grey. My torrid autumn, Another season decays” that was I think 2013 but every time I hear it I think of the Colts 2011/2017 seasons.

From Colorado Springs Co. 

I watch the games either on CBS or gametracker usually. Sometimes I'll watch replay if it has it on there at a later date. May actually get NFL Redzone this year though. 

The good news is that everyone hates the Pats here as well, even though there's more Bronco fans than anyone. Going to go to a game with the Broncos and Colts when they come to Denver to play.

• Like 2

I live about 40 miles NorthWest of Downtown Los Angeles in a place more commonly known as.......

The San Fernando Valley.      Porter Ranch,  which is a fancy way of saying Northridge.

The Nationally televised games I watch at home on TV.

The games that are only shown regionally and not in Los Angeles I watch at a Sports Bar that has the Sunday Ticket and shows ALL NFL Games.      I don't drink,  but our games are at 10am here on the coast,  so I have steak and eggs for breakfast while I watch.     It's a fun atmosphere as fan of all teams are there to cheer.     

And since we pulled off such a surprise season,   this was a fun year to be a Colts fan!    :colts:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I live about 40 miles NorthWest of Downtown Los Angeles in a place more commonly known as.......

The San Fernando Valley.      Porter Ranch,  which is a fancy way of saying Northridge.

The Nationally televised games I watch at home on TV.

The games that are only shown regionally and not in Los Angeles I watch at a Sports Bar that has the Sunday Ticket and shows ALL NFL Games.      I don't drink,  but our games are at 10am here on the coast,  so I have steak and eggs for breakfast while I watch.     It's a fun atmosphere as fan of all teams are there to cheer.     

And since we pulled off such a surprise season,   this was a fun year to be a Colts fan!    :colts:

Breakfast and football is actually such a cool motive though. Love waking up and watching a colts game right away. 

As an overworked college student, I pretty much wake up at 1 PM on weekends. Missed a couple kickoffs though not gonna lie  haha 

• Like 1

1. I live in a small town called Alloa in the centre of Scotland.

2. I subscribe to Gamepass and have Sky Sports too so watch all Colts games live although, if it is a late game here, I will usually get up early and watch it on replay before work rather than stay up late so that I can fast forward through ads. 

Because most of the games this year were at the same time as Redzone, a lot of the time I bring down a second TV to the living room to watch the Colts game on one screen and Redzone on the other.  My wife is not a fan of this set up!!! haha

3. It is rare for me to re-watch a game, mostly due to having a lack of spare time available with a very young family.

On a side note in response to how I became a Colts fan.  I had been watching the NFL for a few years and decided I needed to pick a team.  Being a Glasgow Rangers fan, I wanted to pick a team in Blue and White to stay "on brand" (plus the blue really brings out my eyes, lol) and one of my favourite TV shows is Parks and Recreation and I saw an episode where they visited LOS, so that was it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 2/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, ColtsGermany said:

For my part, I cannot tell you why exactly I'm a colts fan. I followed the nfl for a few years starting around 2010 or 2011 and since 2013 or 2014 i was more and more rooting for indy. 

The fact that Andrew lived here when he was younger sure helped, but wasn't the main thing. 

What the heart desires.... :D

Unfortunately most football fans over here are Seahawks (a lot),patriots or cowboys fans. 

Its funny isn't it because I tried a lot of the NFL "pick your team" quizzes where you answer a load of questions ("Do you prefer history or new franchise", "Do you like big cities", etc) and every time I got an answer of what team I should support I thought "No thanks!" haha I must have got the Packers about 70% of the time!

It really does come down to a gut feeling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Its funny isn't it because I tried a lot of the NFL "pick your team" quizzes where you answer a load of questions ("Do you prefer history or new franchise", "Do you like big cities", etc) and every time I got an answer of what team I should support I thought "No thanks!" haha I must have got the Packers about 70% of the time!

It really does come down to a gut feeling. 

I made that quiz, too. 

Had the saints and broncos. haha

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. Colts is the first game I watch every week through my subscription to the NFL GamePass. Holiday in the U.S.A every year, but still fighting the wife to make our holiday a visit to Indianapolis and take a seat in Lucas Oil. I will get there one day...with or without her:D 

Anybody visiting Edinburgh, should do so during our yearly festival, you will love it. 

• Like 2

I am currently in Minot North Dakota. Came from the Richmond, Indiana area. Hopefully moving back to the state in about 3 years.

I've been watching the games via Sunday Ticket the last few years, but plan on chord cutting once again so i will have to figure out another way or hope that the streaming options greatly improve. I don't re-watch games, unless you're talking about much older games.

Became a fan in '95 (pretty much when most the state converted from being bears fans)

Jeffersonville, Indiana (metro Louisville, KY) and we get nearly all Colts games on local TV.  However, when the Colts are struggling and the Bengals are playing well, we magically get a Bengals game.  Local TV folks claim they have no choice on what game is sent by the network, but in this age of technology, I don't believe that anymore.

The end result is the Colts will be on 90% of the time.  This used to be Bengals country, but once Peyton Manning came to Indy and started winning, then this area is now much more Colts country.  The Colts make it a point to bring the pre-season caravan to Louisville, or someplace nearby to have a presence in this market.  The Bengals NEVER come to Louisville with any sort of event and that has cost them a chance at maintaining that local fan base.

I will also mention that Jeffersonville is the home of Papa John of the mega-pizza chain.  I'm not from Jeffersonville originally, so I have no allegiance to him or his sub-par "pizza" that makes me gag...LOL.

21 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I also went a lil crazy during the super bowl run and recorded all the sports news and media stuff to document the run.

I wish I had done that!

I have the issues of the Indy Star newspapers from the days after the AFCCG against the Pats and the SB in plastic tucked away in a storage tote.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I wish I had done that!

I have the issues of the Indy Star newspapers from the days after the AFCCG against the Pats and the SB in plastic tucked away in a storage tote.

I bought the newspapers too fron indy star.  I also got those posters they sold.  That "set" of newspapers was really cool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

I live in Huntington, WV, that's West by God Virginia.

I'm also cheap so I watch the Colts when on TV  but end up listening to them on the radio.

:cheers:

4 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I am currently in Minot North Dakota. Came from the Richmond, Indiana area. Hopefully moving back to the state in about 3 years.

I've been watching the games via Sunday Ticket the last few years, but plan on chord cutting once again so i will have to figure out another way or hope that the streaming options greatly improve. I don't re-watch games, unless you're talking about much older games.

Became a fan in '95 (pretty much when most the state converted from being bears fans)

Door is always open and beers in the fridge for fellow Colts...you better check those flight times first though :thmup:

• Thanks 1

West Palm Beach, Fl.

We don't get many Colts games in this area. I sometimes catch some in a sports bar/restaurant if not shown nationally or locally.

I was catching some live audio streams on internet BUT that stopped a year or two ago.

I was made aware of watching full replays on YouTube late in season. I'll probably give that a try.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

West Palm Beach, Fl.

We don't get many Colts games in this area. I sometimes catch some in a sports bar/restaurant if not shown nationally or locally.

I was catching some live audio streams on internet BUT that stopped a year or two ago.

I was made aware of watching full replays on YouTube late in season. I'll probably give that a try.

If you happened to go to Johnny longboats for the super bowl, the guy wearing a colts gore jersey was wearing it because he lost a bet to me when the colts beat the fins. 

Edit: it was Duffy’s not Johnny longboats. 

I'm from London, England.

Been a Colts fan since the days of Harrison, Wayne, Manning. Came over to my first game this season just gone at Lucas Oil. What a stadium. Great result too as we destroyed the Titans. 

Must admit i was dissapointed after such an impressive performance, the stadium was virtually empty in the 4th quarter. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Over the last 10 years I have lived in three different towns near and around Gillette stadium.  

Became a colts fan on Long Island in 1990, where I grew up, out of my hatred for the jets.  

Lived in Bloomington then Indy from 1995 to 1998. 

Gillette and L.I.? 

You’ve spent a lot of time in enemy territory! :hat:

1. I live in Grimsby, in the UK.

2. I watch games on NFL Gamepass or Sky Sports. Seen one live game, when they came to London, but haven't been able to afford a trip over to Indy just yet.

3. I like to re-watch classic games in the off season to whet my appetite - i.e. Chiefs @ Colts 2013. I do watch every game live, even if it means I only get an hour's sleep before work!

Been a fan since 2005, hope to get to Lucas Oil one day.

• Like 4

On 2/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, Colt Overseas said:

1. Dublin, Ireland

2.  :(. Sometimes though, the Colts game might be on in a noted NFL bar so I go there, the place is usually full of Pats fans.

3. Never miss a game. If its a Thursday or Sunday night football game, I take the Friday/Monday off to sleep in (those games start in the middle of the night here).

Just on a side note to point 2, joining this forum has been brilliant for me. I know I speak for alot of people on this forum who live outside of the US but here, there isn't alot of knowledgeable NFL people to chat to. So to be able to have a place to go to chat about the Colts like this forum is great! And it's an excellent forum, with great people and moderators.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:50 PM, ShakerColt said:

Manchester, England

I have gamepass for smartphone and PlayStation for all games not blacked out (games chosen by sky tv) and skygo on my phone for those that are.

I watch all games live, so I'm a very unhappy camper if we lose a primetime game (1.30am start over here)  and I'm back in work a few hours later!

On 2/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, backshoulderfade said:

County Wexford, Ireland

Every game on gamepass.

21 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. Colts is the first game I watch every week through my subscription to the NFL GamePass. Holiday in the U.S.A every year, but still fighting the wife to make our holiday a visit to Indianapolis and take a seat in Lucas Oil. I will get there one day...with or without her:D 

Anybody visiting Edinburgh, should do so during our yearly festival, you will love it. 

12 hours ago, Sulli said:

I'm from London, England.

Been a Colts fan since the days of Harrison, Wayne, Manning. Came over to my first game this season just gone at Lucas Oil. What a stadium. Great result too as we destroyed the Titans. 

Must admit i was dissapointed after such an impressive performance, the stadium was virtually empty in the 4th quarter. 

1 hour ago, YoungOneColt said:

1. I live in Grimsby, in the UK.

2. I watch games on NFL Gamepass or Sky Sports. Seen one live game, when they came to London, but haven't been able to afford a trip over to Indy just yet.

3. I like to re-watch classic games in the off season to whet my appetite - i.e. Chiefs @ Colts 2013. I do watch every game live, even if it means I only get an hour's sleep before work!

Been a fan since 2005, hope to get to Lucas Oil one day.

Wow, a lot of UK fans, at this rate we will need to try and get a group deal on a LOS trip!!!

Wonder if Mr Irsay would let us borrow his plane! haha

3 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Wow, a lot of UK fans, at this rate we will need to try and get a group deal on a LOS trip!!!

Wonder if Mr Irsay would let us borrow his plane! haha

I went to Wembley, then 2 years ago I saw us play in LA opening game and at LOS against the Cardinals the week after. Not a great record haha I'll hopefully be back out again later this year!

33 minutes ago, ShakerColt said:

I went to Wembley, then 2 years ago I saw us play in LA opening game and at LOS against the Cardinals the week after. Not a great record haha I'll hopefully be back out again later this year!

You are officially uninvited my friend!!! haha

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

Cloud 9 is the final outpost past the moon, before you get to Mars

There's a great Flying J plaza there with the best fried chicken in the solar system

Wow, Jimmy Haslem has good fried chicken?  He has to have a back up plan for all the ex Brown players to keep jobs. haha