Jump to content
coltsfeva

Colts fans around the World

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Robin said:

Coming to indy soon!

Next season? 

I'm planning to fly to indy the coming season, too. Want to see the best team in the world live. Getting more and more excited every day. Can't wait till the final schedule is out to finalize my travel plans. :thmup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

  Since we’re in a bit of a lull. I thought I’d ask::

 

1.Where do Colts’ fans live ?

2. How do they watch/listen to games ?

3. Do they re-watch games, win or lose ?

 

I’m from Wilmington Delaware 

 

I have NFL game pass (not NFL Sunday Ticket) I have it on my mobile phone and TV

 

I watch mostly wins but I have watched losses, to see how close we were to winning. In a lot of those early losses , we beat ourselves.

I'm in central Pennsylvania.  Steeler and Eagle country.  My brother's wife's sister lived in Baltimore and my brother would take me to Colt games in Baltimore as a child.  One of my fondest memories is shaking Unitas's hand in the stadium hallway. Meeting Lenny Moore and Bert Jones were highlights too.  I can still close my eyes and see,smell, and feel the stadium.

  When they moved, there was never a question of changing teams, for I was fully emotionally  invested in those road whites.

  Oh, and i got directv the year Manning entered the league.  I have every Colt game (and Manning's Bronco games) recorded, along with many pre-manning era games.  I also went a lil crazy during the super bowl run and recorded all the sports news and media stuff to document the run.  I enjoy watching old games in the off-season.  Keeps me out of trouble.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Albuquerque, NM (yes, it's in the USA).

 

NFL Redzone or a rare network broadcast in this zone.

 

I DVR whenever I can.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

There was also an interview too on the Rich Eison Show

 

I don’t believe in Rich Eisen or this “radio” you speak of.  I’m just glad to know Corey Taylor is a Colts fan....”Under the water, It's cold and it's grey. My torrid autumn, Another season decays” that was I think 2013 but every time I hear it I think of the Colts 2011/2017 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Colorado Springs Co. 

 

I watch the games either on CBS or gametracker usually. Sometimes I'll watch replay if it has it on there at a later date. May actually get NFL Redzone this year though. 

 

The good news is that everyone hates the Pats here as well, even though there's more Bronco fans than anyone. Going to go to a game with the Broncos and Colts when they come to Denver to play.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I live about 40 miles NorthWest of Downtown Los Angeles in a place more commonly known as.......

 

The San Fernando Valley.      Porter Ranch,  which is a fancy way of saying Northridge.

 

The Nationally televised games I watch at home on TV.

 

The games that are only shown regionally and not in Los Angeles I watch at a Sports Bar that has the Sunday Ticket and shows ALL NFL Games.      I don't drink,  but our games are at 10am here on the coast,  so I have steak and eggs for breakfast while I watch.     It's a fun atmosphere as fan of all teams are there to cheer.     

 

And since we pulled off such a surprise season,   this was a fun year to be a Colts fan!    :colts:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I live about 40 miles NorthWest of Downtown Los Angeles in a place more commonly known as.......

 

The San Fernando Valley.      Porter Ranch,  which is a fancy way of saying Northridge.

 

The Nationally televised games I watch at home on TV.

 

The games that are only shown regionally and not in Los Angeles I watch at a Sports Bar that has the Sunday Ticket and shows ALL NFL Games.      I don't drink,  but our games are at 10am here on the coast,  so I have steak and eggs for breakfast while I watch.     It's a fun atmosphere as fan of all teams are there to cheer.     

 

And since we pulled off such a surprise season,   this was a fun year to be a Colts fan!    :colts:

Breakfast and football is actually such a cool motive though. Love waking up and watching a colts game right away. 

 

As an overworked college student, I pretty much wake up at 1 PM on weekends. Missed a couple kickoffs though not gonna lie  haha 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, ColtsGermany said:

For my part, I cannot tell you why exactly I'm a colts fan. I followed the nfl for a few years starting around 2010 or 2011 and since 2013 or 2014 i was more and more rooting for indy. 

The fact that Andrew lived here when he was younger sure helped, but wasn't the main thing. 

What the heart desires.... :D

 

Unfortunately most football fans over here are Seahawks (a lot),patriots or cowboys fans. 

 

Its funny isn't it because I tried a lot of the NFL "pick your team" quizzes where you answer a load of questions ("Do you prefer history or new franchise", "Do you like big cities", etc) and every time I got an answer of what team I should support I thought "No thanks!" haha I must have got the Packers about 70% of the time!

 

It really does come down to a gut feeling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

 

Its funny isn't it because I tried a lot of the NFL "pick your team" quizzes where you answer a load of questions ("Do you prefer history or new franchise", "Do you like big cities", etc) and every time I got an answer of what team I should support I thought "No thanks!" haha I must have got the Packers about 70% of the time!

 

It really does come down to a gut feeling. 

I made that quiz, too. 

Had the saints and broncos. haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. Colts is the first game I watch every week through my subscription to the NFL GamePass. Holiday in the U.S.A every year, but still fighting the wife to make our holiday a visit to Indianapolis and take a seat in Lucas Oil. I will get there one day...with or without her:D 

 

Anybody visiting Edinburgh, should do so during our yearly festival, you will love it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Huntington, WV, that's West by God Virginia.

I'm also cheap so I watch the Colts when on TV  but end up listening to them on the radio.

:cheers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evansville, Indiana and I usually go to a sports bar since I cut the cable.

It's amazing of all of the multi cultural fandom on here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently in Minot North Dakota. Came from the Richmond, Indiana area. Hopefully moving back to the state in about 3 years.

I've been watching the games via Sunday Ticket the last few years, but plan on chord cutting once again so i will have to figure out another way or hope that the streaming options greatly improve. I don't re-watch games, unless you're talking about much older games.

Became a fan in '95 (pretty much when most the state converted from being bears fans)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeffersonville, Indiana (metro Louisville, KY) and we get nearly all Colts games on local TV.  However, when the Colts are struggling and the Bengals are playing well, we magically get a Bengals game.  Local TV folks claim they have no choice on what game is sent by the network, but in this age of technology, I don't believe that anymore.

 

The end result is the Colts will be on 90% of the time.  This used to be Bengals country, but once Peyton Manning came to Indy and started winning, then this area is now much more Colts country.  The Colts make it a point to bring the pre-season caravan to Louisville, or someplace nearby to have a presence in this market.  The Bengals NEVER come to Louisville with any sort of event and that has cost them a chance at maintaining that local fan base.

 

I will also mention that Jeffersonville is the home of Papa John of the mega-pizza chain.  I'm not from Jeffersonville originally, so I have no allegiance to him or his sub-par "pizza" that makes me gag...LOL.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

South Bend, IN

 

It's on my CBS affiliate if it's not being co-opted by the Bears playing an AFC team or the Colts playing an NFC team.  

 

I don't generally re-watch games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I also went a lil crazy during the super bowl run and recorded all the sports news and media stuff to document the run.

 

I wish I had done that!

 

I have the issues of the Indy Star newspapers from the days after the AFCCG against the Pats and the SB in plastic tucked away in a storage tote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I wish I had done that!

 

I have the issues of the Indy Star newspapers from the days after the AFCCG against the Pats and the SB in plastic tucked away in a storage tote.

I bought the newspapers too fron indy star.  I also got those posters they sold.  That "set" of newspapers was really cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

I live in Huntington, WV, that's West by God Virginia.

I'm also cheap so I watch the Colts when on TV  but end up listening to them on the radio.

:cheers:

 

 

4 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I am currently in Minot North Dakota. Came from the Richmond, Indiana area. Hopefully moving back to the state in about 3 years.

I've been watching the games via Sunday Ticket the last few years, but plan on chord cutting once again so i will have to figure out another way or hope that the streaming options greatly improve. I don't re-watch games, unless you're talking about much older games.

Became a fan in '95 (pretty much when most the state converted from being bears fans)

 

Door is always open and beers in the fridge for fellow Colts...you better check those flight times first though :thmup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

North Carolina, born and bred.  Colt fan started in earl 60's.

 

 

Watch on NFL Sunday Ticket.

 

 Rarely , but on occasion re watch. More so wins than losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Palm Beach, Fl.

 

We don't get many Colts games in this area. I sometimes catch some in a sports bar/restaurant if not shown nationally or locally.

 

I was catching some live audio streams on internet BUT that stopped a year or two ago.

 

I was made aware of watching full replays on YouTube late in season. I'll probably give that a try.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

West Palm Beach, Fl.

 

We don't get many Colts games in this area. I sometimes catch some in a sports bar/restaurant if not shown nationally or locally.

 

I was catching some live audio streams on internet BUT that stopped a year or two ago.

 

I was made aware of watching full replays on YouTube late in season. I'll probably give that a try.

 

 

If you happened to go to Johnny longboats for the super bowl, the guy wearing a colts gore jersey was wearing it because he lost a bet to me when the colts beat the fins. 

 

Edit: it was Duffy’s not Johnny longboats. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the last 10 years I have lived in three different towns near and around Gillette stadium.  

 

Became a colts fan on Long Island in 1990, where I grew up, out of my hatred for the jets.  

 

Lived in Bloomington then Indy from 1995 to 1998. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm from London, England.

 

Been a Colts fan since the days of Harrison, Wayne, Manning. Came over to my first game this season just gone at Lucas Oil. What a stadium. Great result too as we destroyed the Titans. 

 

Must admit i was dissapointed after such an impressive performance, the stadium was virtually empty in the 4th quarter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Over the last 10 years I have lived in three different towns near and around Gillette stadium.  

 

Became a colts fan on Long Island in 1990, where I grew up, out of my hatred for the jets.  

 

Lived in Bloomington then Indy from 1995 to 1998. 

Gillette and L.I.? 

You’ve spent a lot of time in enemy territory! :hat:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fort Wayne, Indiana.

 

1995 AFC Chamuonship game its Harbaugh is when I started to be a Colts fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. I live in Grimsby, in the UK.

2. I watch games on NFL Gamepass or Sky Sports. Seen one live game, when they came to London, but haven't been able to afford a trip over to Indy just yet.

3. I like to re-watch classic games in the off season to whet my appetite - i.e. Chiefs @ Colts 2013. I do watch every game live, even if it means I only get an hour's sleep before work!

 

Been a fan since 2005, hope to get to Lucas Oil one day.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, Colt Overseas said:

1. Dublin, Ireland

 

2.  :(. Sometimes though, the Colts game might be on in a noted NFL bar so I go there, the place is usually full of Pats fans.

 

3. Never miss a game. If its a Thursday or Sunday night football game, I take the Friday/Monday off to sleep in (those games start in the middle of the night here).

 

 

Just on a side note to point 2, joining this forum has been brilliant for me. I know I speak for alot of people on this forum who live outside of the US but here, there isn't alot of knowledgeable NFL people to chat to. So to be able to have a place to go to chat about the Colts like this forum is great! And it's an excellent forum, with great people and moderators.

 

On 2/16/2019 at 10:50 PM, ShakerColt said:

Manchester, England

 

I have gamepass for smartphone and PlayStation for all games not blacked out (games chosen by sky tv) and skygo on my phone for those that are.

 

I watch all games live, so I'm a very unhappy camper if we lose a primetime game (1.30am start over here)  and I'm back in work a few hours later!

 

On 2/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, backshoulderfade said:

County Wexford, Ireland

Every game on gamepass.

 

21 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. Colts is the first game I watch every week through my subscription to the NFL GamePass. Holiday in the U.S.A every year, but still fighting the wife to make our holiday a visit to Indianapolis and take a seat in Lucas Oil. I will get there one day...with or without her:D 

 

Anybody visiting Edinburgh, should do so during our yearly festival, you will love it. 

 

12 hours ago, Sulli said:

I'm from London, England.

 

Been a Colts fan since the days of Harrison, Wayne, Manning. Came over to my first game this season just gone at Lucas Oil. What a stadium. Great result too as we destroyed the Titans. 

 

Must admit i was dissapointed after such an impressive performance, the stadium was virtually empty in the 4th quarter. 

 

1 hour ago, YoungOneColt said:

1. I live in Grimsby, in the UK.

2. I watch games on NFL Gamepass or Sky Sports. Seen one live game, when they came to London, but haven't been able to afford a trip over to Indy just yet.

3. I like to re-watch classic games in the off season to whet my appetite - i.e. Chiefs @ Colts 2013. I do watch every game live, even if it means I only get an hour's sleep before work!

 

Been a fan since 2005, hope to get to Lucas Oil one day.

 

Wow, a lot of UK fans, at this rate we will need to try and get a group deal on a LOS trip!!!

 

Wonder if Mr Irsay would let us borrow his plane! haha

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Wow, a lot of UK fans, at this rate we will need to try and get a group deal on a LOS trip!!!

 

Wonder if Mr Irsay would let us borrow his plane! haha

 

I went to Wembley, then 2 years ago I saw us play in LA opening game and at LOS against the Cardinals the week after. Not a great record haha I'll hopefully be back out again later this year!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ShakerColt said:

 

I went to Wembley, then 2 years ago I saw us play in LA opening game and at LOS against the Cardinals the week after. Not a great record haha I'll hopefully be back out again later this year!

 

You are officially uninvited my friend!!! haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 11:25 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Is that close to Cloud Nine?

 

Cloud 9 is the final outpost past the moon, before you get to Mars

 

There's a great Flying J plaza there with the best fried chicken in the solar system

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, IinD said:

Hello from Mars.

 

Beware, the new Space Force may be coming for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

Cloud 9 is the final outpost past the moon, before you get to Mars

 

There's a great Flying J plaza there with the best fried chicken in the solar system

Wow, Jimmy Haslem has good fried chicken?  He has to have a back up plan for all the ex Brown players to keep jobs. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m from Ipswich, England

 

I watch on Gamepass

 

I watch games live whenever I can. If not I go into social media black out mode until I can watch them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, a lot of UK fans, at this rate we will need to try and get a group deal on a LOS trip!!!

 

Wonder if Mr Irsay would let us borrow his plane! haha

Be careful who you call from the UK. A lot of other Irish people would be veeeeery offended:ninja:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It might be a stupid question, but it's the Q he should have most expected.  The media is horrible (both Sports and Politics) and just looking for something to drive clicks, but this is a question every WR gets when he goes to a new team, especially to a team with an assumed better QB. Serious journalism is dead. Today, most Qs are just geared to get players to react badly and say something stupid.    DF should have just smiled and said "there's nothing to compare yet, next question" 
    • He is ranking players not predicting where they will be drafted. 
    • I have a feeling that Ferguson might come off the board on day one. Now I won't be shocked if he falls to the third round but you know how GMs value pass rushers. His bad workout numbers might drop him a bit and honestly he should have claimed an injury and skipped it all together. If Orlando Brown Jr had pulled that move last year I think he would have snuck into the bottom of the first round. Instead he put up historically bad combine numbers and slipped towards the end of the third round. Probably should have hired a better agent.   Ferguson's tape can be impressive at times because he is constantly in the backfield, albeit not against top level competition. He reminds me of Derek Barnett with his relentless style of play and play strength. Ferguson isn't a true technician with his hands but his hand strength is evident. I like his upside and could see him developing into a double digit sack guy in the very near future.
    • You didn’t listen to Ballard’s press conference did you?      He he said he will never force a pick to satisfy a need.    If there are two players who he has graded close then sure.    But to say he’s taking two D players with the top two picks is not going to happen if they have higher graded players at any other position 
  • Members

    • HoosierHero

      HoosierHero 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CheezyColt

      CheezyColt 633

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hark

      Hark 85

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Irish YJ

      Irish YJ 366

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Crush22

      Crush22 217

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TheMiz

      TheMiz 52

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DrWhom

      DrWhom 28

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dew5150

      dew5150 94

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • scousecolt

      scousecolt 90

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 7,077

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...