Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard AFC Defensive Player of the Month

PeterBowman

I'll never understand how a player (Leonard in this case) can be named Defensive player of the month, and NOT be named defensive rookie of the month in the same month.....  Tremaine Edwards was the Def. Rookie of the month.....  One would seem to beget the other...  I guess there is some rule you can't get both? lol....

• Like 4

So Darius has DROM and a DPOM award along with 2 DPOW awards this season and his name is not dominant in the DROY award? How many awards have the other front runners for this award been named to? 

Regardless of rhe awards outcomes, we have a pretty special player in our lb’er crew. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Question:  when Leonard puts his hands up above his head after a tackle, does anyone know what that means or came from?  I just realized it looks like he's making a horseshoe with his arms/hands.

a24e5689125245e6029dee20b6d083fe-original.thumb.jpg.5c063f78dfa0744a140952ad427318b5.jpg

It’s his fraternity’s celebration move.  Robert Mathis did the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Question:  when Leonard puts his hands up above his head after a tackle, does anyone know what that means or came from?  I just realized it looks like he's making a horseshoe with his arms/hands.

a24e5689125245e6029dee20b6d083fe-original.thumb.jpg.5c063f78dfa0744a140952ad427318b5.jpg

He is a member of a fraternity Omega Psi Phi to be exact, the Que Dawgs do that as it also resembles the Greek letter Omega just upside down. Other noteable Colts players that are members of the organization are Robert Mathis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I'll never understand how a player (Leonard in this case) can be named Defensive player of the month, and NOT be named defensive rookie of the month in the same month.....  Tremaine Edwards was the Def. Rookie of the month.....  One would seem to beget the other...  I guess there is some rule you can't get both? lol....

Maybe Leonard is beyond being judged against other rookies...it's not fair anymore.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Maybe Leonard is beyond being judged against other rookies...it's not fair anymore.

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

maybe (but i don't think it is) its like MVP and offensive of defensive player of the year.  if you get MVP and are on offense then the runner up gets Offensive player of the year.  

4 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I'm going to laugh if Leonard wins DROY but is ultimately snubbed of the Pro Bowl. That is just hilariously bad on how he wasn't voted into being a Pro bowler. Not that it matters but it would be nice.

I could understand how that can happen.   Perhaps there are not rookies who are better.   Not saying that is true in the Leonard argument, just that it can happen to the DPOY or OPOY. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

It’s his fraternity’s celebration move.  Robert Mathis did the same

4 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

He is a member of a fraternity Omega Psi Phi to be exact, the Que Dawgs do that as it also resembles the Greek letter Omega just upside down. Other noteable Colts players that are members of the organization are Robert Mathis.

Thank you for enlightening me about this.  I had no idea.  I assumed he was just putting his hands up like they were ears and he was an alpha predator on the hunt.

I thought it looked kinda like Anubis, the Egyptian God of the Dead: 

anubis.jpgBastet-and-Anubis-224x300.jpg0c9d8a80d7c8f72112a3c0b43348d1a0.jpg

(I still think it'd be cool if that's what he was doing since it's usually after he "kills" the play by tackling the ball-carrier... Maniac: The God Of Dead Drives)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Thank you for enlightening me about this.  I had no idea.  I assumed he was just putting his hands up like they were ears and he was an alpha predator on the hunt.

I thought it looked kinda like Anubis, the Egyptian God of the Dead: 

anubis.jpgBastet-and-Anubis-224x300.jpg0c9d8a80d7c8f72112a3c0b43348d1a0.jpg

(I still think it'd be cool if that's what he was doing since it's usually after he "kills" the play by tackling the ball-carrier... Maniac: The God Of Dead Drives)

I like your reason much better!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I'm going to laugh if Leonard wins DROY but is ultimately snubbed of the Pro Bowl. That is just hilariously bad on how he wasn't voted into being a Pro bowler. Not that it matters but it would be nice.

Me too. The pro bowl is nothing but a glorified popularity contest.

• Like 2