Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, Who Wants To Guess The 2012 Record Now?

Blue Horseshoe

Rookie coach with no head coaching experience at any level

Rookie quarterback (well, you know how I feel about this one)

Almost all veteran leadership discarded

it's too early,they will go out and get some younger players.I would still think it is going to be like a 4 to maybe 5 win season.But you never know,Luck may be able to produce out the gate

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming we sign just a few mid to lower salary FAs and then draft to fill out the rest of the roster...

3-13

I originally thought 5-11 before the cuts but now our team is going to look like a college all star team.

Home Games: Jags, Titans, Texans, Browns, Dolphins, Bills, Packers, Vikings

Road Games: Jags, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Pats, Jets, Bears, Lions

Without seeing what other moves those other teams make I think we can get a win vs. the Jags and Titans. I think we can beat the Vikings at home. Browns game is winable and depending on what Miami does that game could be winable. Maybe the Bills if they prove to be more like the second half of the season than the first half of the season team they were last year. KC I would say is winable but it's on the road that'll be a hard game to get a W in and if they land Manning forget it.

Frankly there are about four teams outside of the Colts that went into this off-season with a we must get a good QB, Redskins, Miami, Browns, and the Seahawks. Manning, Flynn, and RG3 are out there. Someone is going to get left standing at the alter without one. Redskins made their play. If it's the Browns or Miami that gets stuck without one we should be better than them.

Beyond that I don't see games on that schedule we can win. If we win more than 3 games next season we should be thrilled. We could very well be lining up to have the top pick in back-to-back seasons.

They are freeing up a lot of money - I can see a few key FA pickups and see the Colts going 9-7 maybe even 10-6.

LOL I'm glad most of the Colts fanbase isn't this naive because I wouldn't be able to read this board without dying of laughter.

I'm shooting for 12-4 but 10-6 seems realistic.

You are so naive .

Without seeing the roster. Without knowing order of games etc. All this is tenative.

7-9.....With wins aganinst Jax(2), Clev, Chi, Buff, Minn, Tenn........

We couldn't even beat Jacksonville or Cleveland last year. Chicago was a playoff team almost without there QB. I think people under estimate Jay Cutler. Locker is only going to get better. Buffalo and Minnesota is our only realistic possibility.

You are so naive .

We couldn't even beat Jacksonville or Cleveland last year. Chicago was a playoff team almost without there QB. I think people under estimate Jay Cutler. Locker is only going to get better. Buffalo and Minnesota is our only realistic possibility.

I'm not naive, I rooted for the colts to LOSE every game last season after they went 0-8 I will do the same this season if it happens. YOU have no idea who will be on our team come week one and you have no idea the game plan, so I'm not sure why everyone thinks we are going to suck. We are a complete and total wildcard this season.

O, we didn't beat those guys last year? If thats the case, lets just not play the games this year then.

who cares what their record is as long as the product on the field is improving every game. it takes a year for a player to make the transition to a 34 Defense. so this time next year the current colts defensive players will have a firm grasp of the defense. the same will be said for the offense. we r actually going to ask our offensive linemen to drive block now. it is going to take some time. on offense we need a fullback, a tight end who is a dominate run blocker first, some new offensive lineman. on defense we need completely new defensive line and we need to add a linebacker or two. much change is on the horizon so limit your expectations if u do not want to be complete disappointed.

who cares what their record is as long as the product on the field is improving every game. it takes a year for a player to make the transition to a 34 Defense. so this time next year the current colts defensive players will have a firm grasp of the defense. the same will be said for the offense. we r actually going to ask our offensive linemen to drive block now. it is going to take some time. on offense we need a fullback, a tight end who is a dominate run blocker first, some new offensive lineman. on defense we need completely new defensive line and we need to add a linebacker or two. much change is on the horizon so limit your expectations if u do not want to be complete disappointed.

I think we have some of those peaces on the roster already.

We did find a couple of good fullbacks last year. The one in the Panthers game before he got hurt.

Eldridge has had some issues staying healthy but is a very very good blocking tightend.

I think the money we do have in free agency is going to go towards getting us some vet o-lineman. We have to protect Luck and can't let him just get killed during rebuilding. I think we will target a guy like Grubbs to be a new starting guard here or another vet guard. I do like our two young tackles in Castonzo and the little we saw of Ijalana although Ijalana will almost be like playing a rookie because of the little action he has gotten. I also liked Reitz and I think he came from the Ravens to start with so he might very well work in Pagano/our new OC's system. We need help at the other guard spot and center spot for sure.

I do think we have a good core on defense to build around. I love Conner and Angerer at linebackers. Mathis will fit into that mix as well so we have a linebacker hole to fill but that could also be Jerry Hughes or Dwight Freeney (but that is looking less likely)

In the secondary we have Powers and Bethea to build around.

Nevis will fit into the d-line some place but it needs the most work. We must get a DT rather it be in the draft or free agency. IF Freeney comes back he might stay at end but again I think Freeney coming back is a long shot at this point.

I would look for the defense and running game to come around first just because we have more peaces in place for those. The passing game is going to take some time just because the only real player we have at the moment who is coming back to that is Collie who is a slot WR. A guy like Tamme or Garcon could be added to that but with a rookie QB probably without a true number one WR it's going to take some time to develop. I really think we target our number one WR in the draft next year with our first pick.

With that said if we more than 3 games next year I'll be both surprised and happy. I just really hope we don't start 0-13 again...we need a win before then please!

O, we didn't beat those guys last year? If thats the case, lets just not play the games this year then.

Not intended that way, but our team, still bad, was a strong team that just lacked at QB. Our defense played better than the prior season. They just were stuck on the field longer. But the defense is going to change. The way it points we still will have a young, weak offense. Even if we have the "almighty" Andrew Luck he can't change how the other young players will be. So again we are going to lack an offense.

I'm not naive, I rooted for the colts to LOSE every game last season after they went 0-8 I will do the same this season if it happens. YOU have no idea who will be on our team come week one and you have no idea the game plan, so I'm not sure why everyone thinks we are going to suck. We are a complete and total wildcard this season.

Even so, we are not going to be a strong team. Inexperience will trump all.

Colts were 10-6 a couple of years ago with Manning and company intact. Colts will draft #1 for the next 4 to 5 years. They could go winless in three of those years. They will most likely break out the Mayflower trucks if they can find a city that will take them. They will be the first team to relocate outside US territory. Mexico City.

Colts were 10-6 a couple of years ago with Manning and company intact. Colts will draft #1 for the next 4 to 5 years. They could go winless in three of those years. They will most likely break out the Mayflower trucks if they can find a city that will take them. They will be the first team to relocate outside US territory. Mexico City.

Im pretty sure you have posted something like this before, so im just wondering, are you on drugs, or do you just constantly ignore the fact that the Colts can not leave for at least the next 20 some yrs. because of their stadium lease?

Take a look at this past years record...it will repeat itself for the next couple of years.....LIKE FATHER LIKE SON!!!! Nice move Irsay...by letting everyone go will only make the Colts the laughing stock of the NFL!!! Born in Baltimore I have been a loyal fan through the good times and bad, including the move out of Baltimore...I will still follow the Colts but you better believe if and when Peyton comes back to play the Colts I will enjoy the whipping he will inflict....I feel bad for the city of Indy.

And with the first post............

I would say 3-13 realisticly and we will probably have the #1 pick again next year. This is where I will differ on next year's draft, if Matt Barkley is the best player in the draft next year, the Colts will not be able to trade the pick. No one will need to trade for the #1 pick because they will know that the Colts will not take Barkley.

I would say 3-13 realisticly and we will probably have the #1 pick again next year. This is where I will differ on next year's draft, if Matt Barkley is the best player in the draft next year, the Colts will not be able to trade the pick. No one will need to trade for the #1 pick because they will know that the Colts will not take Barkley.

We would be like the Rams this year. Everyone knew the Rams weren't going to take RG3 because they couldn't move Bradford. So we would hold court and see who offers the most to move back. A few teams will be dying to have a franchise QB, every year there are teams like that. The odds that there is only one team who needs a QB and they happen to have the second pick is very small next year.

We would be like the Rams this year. Everyone knew the Rams weren't going to take RG3 because they couldn't move Bradford. So we would hold court and see who offers the most to move back. A few teams will be dying to have a franchise QB, every year there are teams like that. The odds that there is only one team who needs a QB and they happen to have the second pick is very small next year.

Query. Why would any one need to trade for the #1 pick to get Barkley when they can do the same thing with the #2 pick?

Query. Why would any one need to trade for the #1 pick to get Barkley when they can do the same thing with the #2 pick?

because the team that has the number two pick might not want to trade they might want someone else and there is a chance if you only go up to get number two someone can still jump ahead of you by trading with us for the top pick.

I was just saying the only way we would really be stuck is if we have the 1st over all pick and only one other team in the NFL needs a QB and they happen to have the second pick. The odds of that happening is very small though. Every year there is three to four teams that need a franchise QB. So if we hold the top pick next year and we have Luck and Barkley is the number one guy we just let the league know we are fielding offers for the pick and trade back for whoever gives us a tone of draft picks.

Obviously with the expectation we are getting Luck #1,and this is assuming we get a good draft (Sanu in Rd. 2? Trumaine Johnson Rd.3? Bruce Irvin or Josh Chapman Rd.4?) and pick some pieces up in FA, maybe guys like Lardarius Webb, Jarrett Johnson, Ben Grubbs and/or Laurent Robinson to go along with Donald Brown and Delone Carter (who I think can make a respectable duo in the backfield), and guys already on D like Mathis, Bethea, Angerer and Hughes (who I'm holding out hope can prosper in the 3-4) I don't think a 7-9 record is out of the question. Of course thats assuming we can have a decent draft and can sign 1 or 2 of those FA's I listed.

If we don't do anything in FA and we don't draft anyone to help Luck on offense then I'm thinking more like 5-11 or 4-12....Luck needs someone besides Collie to throw to if not it's going to be another long year.

because the team that has the number two pick might not want to trade they might want someone else and there is a chance if you only go up to get number two someone can still jump ahead of you by trading with us for the top pick.

I was just saying the only way we would really be stuck is if we have the 1st over all pick and only one other team in the NFL needs a QB and they happen to have the second pick. The odds of that happening is very small though. Every year there is three to four teams that need a franchise QB. So if we hold the top pick next year and we have Luck and Barkley is the number one guy we just let the league know we are fielding offers for the pick and trade back for whoever gives us a tone of draft picks.

Using your scenerio, no one needs to trade for the #1 with us if Barkley is top player, because they will know that we will not take him. So, no bevy of picks and we are stuck reaching for the next good player.

Using your scenerio, no one needs to trade for the #1 with us if Barkley is top player, because they will know that we will not take him. So, no bevy of picks and we are stuck reaching for the next good player.

No I am sayng that's the only way we wouldn't be able to trade the pick. I am saying the odds of that happening is very small.

I am confused. Do not understand what you are trying to say.

I am saying the only way we wouldn't be able to trade the first pick next season if we get it if Barkley is the lock top pick is if there is only one team in the NFL that needs a franchise QB and they happen to have the second pick. The odds of that scenario happening is extremely small because there is never just one team that needs a franchise QB in the NFL. Other wise we are going to able to do what the Rams did with the second pick this year and pretty much name our price.

I am saying the only way we wouldn't be able to trade the first pick next season if we get it if Barkley is the lock top pick is if there is only one team in the NFL that needs a franchise QB and they happen to have the second pick. The odds of that scenario happening is extremely small because there is never just one team that needs a franchise QB in the NFL. Other wise we are going to able to do what the Rams did with the second pick this year and pretty much name our price.

Let me try to explain this another way. No matter who the top ranked player is, no one will need to trade with the Colts to get him. Two reasons:

1. Why pay first pick money for some one you can get with a second or lower.

2. The Colts will need the player.

The bottom line is that if we get the first pick of the draft we are stuck with it and if we continue to struggle over a length of time and get in top 5 over that time, no one will need to trade with us. The reality is either we want the player or the player falls to next team.

Let me try to explain this another way. No matter who the top ranked player is, no one will need to trade with the Colts to get him. Two reasons:

1. Why pay first pick money for some one you can get with a second or lower.

2. The Colts will need the player.

The bottom line is that if we get the first pick of the draft we are stuck with it and if we continue to struggle over a length of time and get in top 5 over that time, no one will need to trade with us. The reality is either we want the player or the player falls to next team.

Yes they will. If they need a QB and Barkley is the projected top pick they will offer the world to jump and make sure they get a QB before someone can trade up to number two to get the QB. If you only go up to number two someone can still jump ahead of you and snag the player you wanted. If you are trading that much to move up you don't leave any chance that someone can jump and snag that player from you.

Yes they will. If they need a QB and Barkley is the projected top pick they will offer the world to jump and make sure they get a QB before someone can trade up to number two to get the QB. If you only go up to number two someone can still jump ahead of you and snag the player you wanted. If you are trading that much to move up you don't leave any chance that someone can jump and snag that player from you.

Query. Why trade up to the first pick when you can do the same with the second. It saves money and draft picks. No one is going to pay the outrageous number of draft picks to get our number one.

Query. Why trade up to the first pick when you can do the same with the second. It saves money and draft picks. No one is going to pay the outrageous number of draft picks to get our number one.

because odds are you aren't going to be the only team in the draft that needs a franchise QB. So if you trade up to number two another team would just trade with us next year to get the top pick to make sure they get their guy.

because odds are you aren't going to be the only team in the draft that needs a franchise QB. So if you trade up to number two another team would just trade with us next year to get the top pick to make sure they get their guy.

Let us agree to disagree till this time next year. I would like to leave you with one last thought. What happen this last week is reverberating through out the league and this is going to effect the Colts in ways that no Colts fan is realizing or if they do, they are in denying it.

• 3 weeks later...

Im pretty sure you have posted something like this before, so im just wondering, are you on drugs, or do you just constantly ignore the fact that the Colts can not leave for at least the next 20 some yrs. because of their stadium lease?

They had a lease in Baltimore smart guy!