Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's Next Or Dare I Ask?

Gramz

Yeah, but besides that - we're good.

Someone on one of the sports channels said Luck is going to a team that has less talent than Stanford. I'm not sure about that but I'm pretty sure Bama could beat us worse than LSU.

Right now, they would be right. However, I doubt very much that the roster will remain this way throughout the season.

FA starts next week, then we have the draft.

I think it is a good thing to get rid of the unproductive dead weight to make room for players who will make a difference.

You have to cut before you add.

This is the start of the rebuild that was promised.

Well for the record I happen to like the "girl power" we have going on in this thread! I might be male but even I'll say some of our better posters here are female! Some of my favorites are female, besies you three Colliefangirl, Jules, Coltssouth and shecolt are some my favs and probably more I forgot me so forgive me if I didn't mention you.

Gosh you really know how to hurt someones feelings. haha JT

I'm so lost in this thread. How did it go from our next move to women being capable of football? :???:

In the beginning of the thread there was a comment that has now been removed. It said most of the Colts female fan base would be gone now. Said most women watch to see certain players not just to watch football. I disagree.

Right now, they would be right. However, I doubt very much that the roster will remain this way throughout the season.

FA starts next week, then we have the draft.

I think it is a good thing to get rid of the unproductive dead weight to make room for players who will make a difference.

You have to cut before you add.

This is the start of the rebuild that was promised.

I hope we're using the Steeler/Patriot model this time. Both teams have great QBs but they can survive if he goes down because they're solid teams. I realize it's not going to happen this season, but I hope the team shows improvement and we don't get into a downward cycle like my buddies in Ohio have with the Browns.

They rebuilt, or better said - built, with the #1 draft pick, a bunch of other #1's through the years, then a revolving door of HC's and QBs. I've been spoiled by excellence to be saddled with mediocrity for very long.

I hope we're using the Steeler/Patriot model this time. Both teams have great QBs but they can survive if he goes down because they're solid teams. I realize it's not going to happen this season, but I hope the team shows improvement and we don't get into a downward cycle like my buddies in Ohio have with the Browns.

They rebuilt, or better said - built, with the #1 draft pick, a bunch of other #1's through the years, then a revolving door of HC's and QBs. I've been spoiled by excellence to be saddled with mediocrity for very long.

It really depends on what offensive system the OC installs. I hope it will not be like the previous system that was so QB1-centric, such that other QBs could not run it effectively. With a total rebuild this becomes more of a possibility. With a revamp or a retool, it wasn't.

Go Colts!

Anyone who states, implies, or infers that women are not students of the game, astute analyzers of defense, proficient in grasping the necessity of field position, & experts in dissecting situational offensive football are crazy, foolish, & not worth listening to.

Women have a great deal to contribute to this fantastic game & I, for one, will always respect & seek out their wisdom, impressions, & viewpoints every grid iron game day.

makes me laugh, I get mistaken for a man on here all the time, guess many just assume i am a guy but.. nope folks, Im a woman. :) Just know and love football, so Its ok for me to also think some of the players are hot.. haha

I see all of my woman friends are on here....sorry I missed the fun! All of the players who have been cut so far were injured last year or lacked productivity Sadly that includes Peyton!!

Sometimes we forget that overcoming an injury is extremely hard work. PT is not fun and then getting back to 'football shape?" We tend to look at what is done on the field. None of the players cut performed well last year, or did not perform at all.

Garcon was offered 5 years and turned it down...."after further review....he dropped the ball."

I see all of my woman friends are on here....sorry I missed the fun! All of the players who have been cut so far were injured last year or lacked productivity Sadly that includes Peyton!!

Sometimes we forget that overcoming an injury is extremely hard work. PT is not fun and then getting back to 'football shape?" We tend to look at what is done on the field. None of the players cut performed well last year, or did not perform at all.

Garcon was offered 5 years and turned it down...."after further review....he dropped the ball."

True.... thanks for reminding me.

Gramz I am wondering with several of these players under contract why this happened. They will still impact the cap Maybe they were asked to restructure and said "heck to the no."

Was wondering the same thing Brent. I am pretty sure Dallas still had 3 years on his contract...????

Was wondering the same thing Brent. I am pretty sure Dallas still had 3 years on his contract...????

Has Gonzo been let go yet? If not.....he can leave too. Andrew Luck now has Austin Collie and Blair White to throw to......The next group to go are the actual free agents...

I'm so lost in this thread. How did it go from our next move to women being capable of football? :???:

Early on... someone replied that the Colts were going to lose alot of the female fans, stating that females only watch because of certain players, etc... don't even know what that statement had to do with my questions, I guess because a female started this thread, I don't know. Doesn't matter, I wasn't offended, but the moderators deleted that comment.

Early on... someone replied that the Colts were going to lose alot of the female fans, stating that females only watch because of certain players, etc... don't even know what that statement had to do with my questions, I guess because a female started this thread, I don't know. Doesn't matter, I wasn't offended, but the moderators deleted that comment.

I commented that it was insulting so I think that is why it was taken down.

Hey Brent, missed you on here too, always nice to have your opinion. You are so right about the PT. I agree with the cuts but do worry a little about who will play next year. LOl, @ your joke at the end there, funny!

makes me laugh, I get mistaken for a man on here all the time, guess many just assume i am a guy but.. nope folks, Im a woman. :) Just know and love football, so Its ok for me to also think some of the players are hot.. haha

that's okay, we guys have our man crushes too. some may not like to admit it, but it's totally true

the limit on the likes is to prevent someone from creating a secondary account & sending their rep into the stratosphere. or two members might agree to endlessly like one another. the system would become illegitimate and would have to be scrapped

Freeney will be gone. Following that will be Saturday, Garcon, Wayne. Gonzales just needs to be cut, he's the Bob Sanders of the offense. Actually bad comparison. At least when Bob played he stood out and actually did something.

Gonzales does not need to be cut. He is already a FA.

so then, just to clarify, or try to understand, a lot of the team is FA's, and those that aren't are being cut.

Makes sense, I guess :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

No, the following players are FAs:

Anderson, Brayton, S. Brown, Diem, Edds, Foster, Garcon, Gonzales, Lacey, Muir, Orlovsky, Pollak, Richard, Saturday, Simms, Toudouze, Wayne, Wheeler

Not all the players who are not FAs were cut.

There are still 54 players on roster who are not FAs and who are not cut.

http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html

Some of them are reserves.

No, the following players are FAs:

Anderson, Brayton, S. Brown, Diem, Edds, Foster, Garcon, Gonzales, Lacey, Muir, Orlovsky, Pollak, Richard, Saturday, Simms, Toudouze, Wayne, Wheeler

Not all the players who are not FAs were cut.

There are still 54 players on roster who are not FAs and who are not cut.

http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html

Some of them are reserves.

I didn't Honestly think EVERYONE, it was starting to feel that way, however.