Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Who Haven't We Cut Yet?

PatMcAfeeFan

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, March 11, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Peytongirl, March 11, 2012 - inflammatory

Addai was average at best, and getting old. I am not worried about RB position at all.

after reading your posts and some other people's posts in this thread, I think that you have absolutely 0 knowledge about Football.

Don't post if you don't know.

Earlier in the thread you said with Manning we go to playoffs every year and we are always one and done. ummm,,,no...we are rarely one and done, while winning SB, losing SB and making multiple AFC chanpionships.

you are the one who is 1 and done. Don't post if you don't know what football is.

Addai getting old? he just turned 28. Don't post if you don't know.

to all the rest of you. You say 3-4 losing seasons is ok to rebuild. hmmm. ok...get ready to fire Grigson if we are not gonna start winning in 3 years. I can't wait until him and Irsay are exposed for these sins.

Irsay and Grigson = enemies

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading your posts and some other people's posts in this thread, I think that you have absolutely 0 knowledge about Football.

Earlier in the thread you said with Manning we go to playoffs every year and we are always one and done. ummm,,,no...we are rarely one and done, while winning SB, losing SB and making multiple AFC chanpionships.

you are the one who is 1 and done. Don't post if you don't know what football is.

to all the rest of you. You say 3-4 losing seasons is ok to rebuild. hmmm. ok...get ready to fire Grigson if we are not gonna start winning in 3 years. I can't wait until him and Irsay are exposed for these sins.

I'm sure there are 31 other teams that would love to have you as a fan.

Your passion is unmatched!

Ok well how about I word this differently. If we had a balanced team, a more "whole" team then maybe we would have won more SB's. That is all I am trying to say. Peyton had way too much pressure on him for one guy. The team as a whole was not balanced enough to win multiple SB's.

As I said eralier in post, no way Brady would have all his rings if he were on this team. He has all his rings because he is elite and has had a good team to play with. Obviously great coaching there too. I think its great we had so many playoff runs and so many great seasons. I will forever see Peyton as the greatest qb to play the game. I just think with a better team around him he could of had more SB wins.

They are cutting all these players now because they want to make the team more balanced. They said that from the start with the hirings of Grigson and Pagano. It doesn't make sense to say rebuild and not really rebuild, I think a lot of people were not prepared for what that really meant. Many have so many emotions and feel so close to the payers it is hard to separate the emotions from the facts of what needs to really happen.

While the players cut were veterans it does not mean they should have stayed with the team. It is sad to lose them but they are doing what is best for the franchise. Does not make sense to rebuild with a team of players 30 yrs and up,...Addai at 28, soon to be 29, is close enough for a RB as he is injured more lately and I think would not be the same without Peyton. We have 2 other RB's that are both 24. No need for Addai to be here anymore.

I also want to add that your comment was rude in my opinion. Saying I know nothing and have 0 knowledge of what I am talking about is just misguided anger in my opinion. You can disagree with someone without being rude. I understand you are mad about things that have happened. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with it, but you should try to be more respectful with things you post. Thats just my opinion though.

almost none of them were injury prone. Stop making excuses for Edit like the owner and the GM.

Between Brackett Addai Manning Clark Bullit the last two seasons there were 160 games. They played 72. What do you call that?

You are so precious.

We went to the playoffs 11 times. We were 1 and done 7 of them.

Take your own advice. ...Actually dont.... Keep posting, I enjoy making you look foolish.

Between Brackett Addai Manning Clark Bullit the last two seasons there were 160 games. They played 72. What do you call that?

You are so precious.

We went to the playoffs 11 times. We were 1 and done 7 of them.

Take your own advice. ...Actually dont.... Keep posting, I enjoy making you look foolish.

Awesome! I would like but it says I am out of likes. Thank you for helping prove something I said. Maybe I have a bit more then 0 knowledge afterall. Ha.

I just seen on Msn.com that we cut Clark. I had no clue this even happened this week; I think I am going to get sick.

My son was pretty hurt on the cutting Manning issue but I explained it to him; but now I have to tell him they cut Clark also this is going to be rough.

When he was in the hospital up at Methodist for pediatric therapy a bunch of colts players came to visit the floor and they have been like gods walking on water to him and now Irsay and whoever else is pulling the chain is killing his spirits.

This has got to come to a close; if they cut Freeney he is going to not understand at all.

What a trying week for those who are faithful Colts fans.

We have an eleven year old with Cerebral Palsy and emotional issues.who LOVES Austin Collie and of all things we were at the Philly game last season when he was knocked the edit out. The unruly fans, the score and his favorite player getting taken out on a cart was a lot for him to handle. I wasn't sure if it would get that hard again to explain to him the bad luck of the Colts.

He had to endure a lot of ridicule from the local team fans (Ravens, Eagles and Steelers - we are in south-central Pennsylvania) after they kept losing and losing without Peyton. I told him next year Peyton would be back and so would our Colts. Now, the Colts release Peyton for a potential Peyton 2.0 in Andrew Luck. I will keep my fingers crossed but I can't imagine and QB coming into the game with all the defensive schemes these days and being a top tier QB like it seems everyone is saying he will be. Only time will tell. But that is off my point. I had to tell him now we lost 5 more players and he is upset about Dallas Clark and so am I. He was my favorite Colt on offense next to the obvious Peyton Manning. He is taking it all very bad.

I have to explain to him what is going on and why it is going on. I just hope he can remain strong and remain a fan. I will be loyal. I bleed blue but I don't know If I will have my little buddy sitting next to me on Sundays any time soon to cheer on my Colts.

If you are looking for an enemy. Blame Chris Polian. He single-handedly created this mess. Think about it, had he drafted well don't you think Manning would still be around because if a backup QB had won 6 games we wouldn't even be talking about blowing up and starting over.

Finally someone N-A-i-L-E-D I-T- Exactly right...BRAVO!!! Both Bill & Chris created this mess by not addressing our glaring holes for years & having way to many contracts come open to free agency at the same time.

If everyone hasnt figured out yet, we are already deep into the rebuilding process. The most recent team that has shown a nice few rebuiding years are the seahawks. They cut over 80% of their veterans and brought in a ton of free agents and young players. This youth is what has helped them. This is what the colts are trying to do. Get rid of the old guys who only have a few years left and sign younger players. This equals less of a cap hit. The seahawks did this very efficiently. They kept the fans in it. Why? They kept talent around signed "cheap" talented players and with the money left from the veterans they cut were able to sign a few bigger name players. This allowed the team to compete. Unlike we were able to last year. Its going to be a tough few years but its the start of new era. I feel the front office will be able to do a quality job of this. I am staying true blue!

Yup, it will be a brutal 3 years, but I have every confidence that Grigson & Pagano will toughen up our franchise & make them a playoff contender again. Well put Colts5150!!!

Once they cut Manning, did you really think it mattered if they kept anyone else? The only problem I have now is why are we the only team, that I can remember, that has pretty much cleaned house like this. You dont see the Patriots and Steelers type organization's having to do this kind of rebuilding process. Seems to me they always reload and never rebuild. That's what has me scratching my head. Are the people we have in the office in charge of this kind of stuff that stupid?

The way I see it, it is going to take us at least 3 years to contend again and by then whoever we draft at QB is going to be about through there rookie contract and is going to be demanding the Manning type money again. So in 4 years, were going to be handicaped again with a huge QB contract. Were going to be in cap trouble again unless they manage it a lot better but I thought Pollian was suppose to be the best. Did Chris really botch this up that bad? My Gosh!

Man this is going to be a rough time for Colts nation. I'll give it to Irsay, he sure >>>ed the STH's on this one. He could have done this before the deadline to renew but he was a wise business man but I think the fanbase will pay him back next year. People don't forget when you >>> them in the wallet and don't left me here people say they still would of paid the money to get season tickets cause no one in there right mind would just throw away $1,000's of dollars to watch the product going to be fielded this year. This is bad fokes!

I also think they should go ahead and cut Adam V. because our punter can kick fieldgoals too so why do we need him now, free up the 1.4 million or whatever it is. Not like were going to be scoring many pts., lol. I really hope we get something for Freeney because there going to cut him if not. Thats 14 million towards the cap and I'm sure he won't fit into the new system.

I will miss backup QB Curtis Painter though for all his fumble, sack, interception, & entertainment value like an NFL Football Follies video. Train wrecks can be hard to look away from. Ah yes Curtis Painter comedy relief, just how awful can awful really truly get...We have reached a new high...or is that a new low? HA! HA! LOL Painter...

Cutting Clark was still a mistake. People just have too much faith in Tamme and I feel it is misplaced. The stats are misleading. I hope I am wrong but Tamme is not the same caliber as Clark. When you use him for a lot of snaps as a starter, people will start realizing that. Till then, let everyone and their mother & father glorify this cut.

Addai, yes, it was a money thing but then, when healthy, he does not fumble, blitz blocks at an elite level, and like any RB, give him a lane and he will get you the necessary yards, and he catches well too. Yep, he is injured more often - so why not restructure? Same thing with Clark - why not restructure?

I have seen Bullitt taking bad angles consistently, I have seen Brackett getting washed out even in his prime vs TEs and OLs, and I agree with both of those and I think we have enough people not paid as much to miss tackles and take bad angles, so I am perfectly fine with those cuts.

Painter, that was too obvious a cut not to happen. It would have surprised me if it did not happen :).

Nope, I dont think this season is down the toilet or anything. I am just here to argue that both Addai and Clark still had some value we could have tapped into for a rookie QB.

I think the fact Clark got cut tells the "team" something... We are going to RUN the football.

Again.......for the &^%^ time.....fans who state how long they have been a fan, and they have never cared enough to share their love of the team here with other Colt fans, suddenly decide to post their first post because they care enough about their anger.

I think the fact Clark got cut tells the "team" something... We are going to RUN the football.

I hope you are right. Bruce Arians likes the Mendenhall type of runners and Delone Carter fits the bill there, will get his lion's share of carries, more than last year. Hopefully, he does not fumble like himself or like Mendenhall can tend to do at times too :).

However, the best playoff teams year in and year out are built to stop the run, like the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots mainly in the AFC - we had that one guy who could deal with those kind of teams and put up points on the board with the passing game, his name was, you must have heard him, Peyton :). Hope Peyton 2.0 is enabled with all the tools necessary and till the tools arrive, keep him alive with an O-line that got his back :).

Easy there, if you want to properly assess blame for our dismal season this year, channel your anger squarely at the right people Bill & Chris Polian not Grigson & Irsay. The Polians put us in this cap mess, let several free agency contracts end at the same time, & failed to address our holes on the offensive & defensive lines for several years as well.

"Don't post if you don't know what football is. Addai getting old? he just turned 28. Don't post if you don't know." This statement is demeaning, sexist, & completely unwarranted. Kayla has just as much of a right to express her viewpoints as you do. You may not subscribe to her conclusions & you may find her arguments flawed, but she has every right to state them. Joseph Addai's primary usefulness was in pass protection. As a RB, his carries are not significant enough to warrant keeping him on the roster. It is time to cut him loose, his legs & vision are not what they once were. Hey, it happens to all running backs eventually. Their skills just diminish over time & their bodies breakdown. You are free to disagree with me & I won't claim you know nothing about football either. Clearly, you know football & are well versed in it. I know that.

Every NFL team must retool & rebuild at some point & that is exactly where our Colts are at. It will be a cruel & grim 3 years, but we will do it.

Please remember, no one is stupid, dumb, & knows nothing about football. Women like Kayla have a great deal to contribute to this great game, as do you, & it would foolish to condemn all their judgments outright. Thank you.

I mean seriously does anyone have a list of the players that will be back in Blue and White next season?

After the season this team just had... Mr. Irsay has been gracious by keeping any of these players on his team. He has shown a lot of class by not bursting out at everyone of them. Go Colts! Whoever that may be.

I just seen on Msn.com that we cut Clark. I had no clue this even happened this week; I think I am going to get sick.

My son was pretty hurt on the cutting Manning issue but I explained it to him; but now I have to tell him they cut Clark also this is going to be rough.

When he was in the hospital up at Methodist for pediatric therapy a bunch of colts players came to visit the floor and they have been like gods walking on water to him and now Irsay and whoever else is pulling the chain is killing his spirits.

This has got to come to a close; if they cut Freeney he is going to not understand at all.

And the new Colts players who become stars won't do this? If you are going to bring up your kids on the NFL, at least explain the way it works first.