Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking our playmakers off the fields..

bsteves

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is always at least a couple. We win 3 in a row, Luck is healthy and we are now in the Playoff hunt, and just got the biggest win of our season but yet the horsedung still rolls in at times :thmup:

Horse dung?  You know you stole that from somewhere. haha-----:thmup:

2 hours ago, bsteves said:

Who said anything about being an expert. Reich did call a great game. It seems like to me there was a little too much rotation w our offensive skill players is all I was saying...

Your comments come off more like a rant rather than a thought out statement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I’m going to put this in the kindest way possible with facts to back it up:

- 3 TEs suited up, and it was Doyle’s first game back from injury, so Alie-Cox was our TE 2 basically

- Bluntly enough, Mo would be either the first or second TE on many of the other teams in the NFL, and he’s our TE4/5, so I’m happy with him. 

- With regards to Rogers, it’s a similar scenario to Alie-Cox/Doyle, as it was Grant’s first game back from injury, and even more so he had just been practicing for a few days leading up to this game. 

- Inman, while I do like him and saw what amazing work he did with the Chargers a few years back, was signed mid season for a reason. He isn’t a starting caliber WR, at most a decent #3. 

- Putting those two points together, I place Inman, Grant, and Rogers all in the same tier, as WR3s. We need another good WR, but we don’t have one, so Reich and the offense is working with what we are given. 

Alie-Cox really balled out most of the day, and we can’t expect much from any receiver outside of TY, so I feel like the points you make, while debatable and possibly (possibly) true, aren’t really pressing issues at the moment and time.

Fact is that you don't have many facts in your post. 

- Not Doyle's first game back.

- Not sure where you get the insane idea that Cox would be a 1 or 2 on most teams.

- Next couple points are your opinions or assumptions.

- Cox did not "ball out most of the game." He had 2 catches, one, the TD, didn't even look like a catch. And he literally almost cost us the game.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess this is the official whine and cry thread?

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is always at least a couple. We win 3 in a row, Luck is healthy and we are now in the Playoff hunt, and just got the biggest win of our season but yet the horsedung still rolls in at times :thmup:

Well it wasn't exactly supposed to be. I wanted to see if anyone felt the way that I did. I do think it's funny how a lot of you on this board only see rainbows and butterflies. I had a feeling once I took a shot at Cox y'all would hammer me. I know y'all think he's the next great w the career 6 catches he has.

7 minutes ago, bsteves said:

Well it wasn't exactly supposed to be. I wanted to see if anyone felt the way that I did. I do think it's funny how a lot of you on this board only see rainbows and butterflies. I had a feeling once I took a shot at Cox y'all would hammer me. I know y'all think he's the next great w the career 6 catches he has.

Ebron got slightly injured from what I have been hearing, Cox has been pretty reliable but on the Luck INT, he goofed up.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ebron got slightly injured from what I have been hearing, Cox has been pretty reliable but on the Luck INT, he goofed up.

That's what I've been hearing too. I'm waiting to hear more from the coaching staff but glad to see he made it back onto the field. 

I agree on Cox. He filled in nicely w our injuries at TE and that catch last week was sick but he still has a lot to prove.

17 minutes ago, bsteves said:

No we do not see rainbows and butterflies. What we see is a very young team that has only been put together for a half of a season. There will be mistakes made. We have also been around long enough to know that no matter what we as fans think using hind sight after the fact does not make you, me or anyone else know better than coaches.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposing team rather than pointing fingers at your own team.  There is no perfect team and they all make mistakes at times.  

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No we do not see rainbows and butterflies. What we see is a very young team that has only been put together for a half of a season. There will be mistakes made. We have also been around long enough to know that no matter what we as fans think using hind sight after the fact does not make you, me or anyone else know better than coaches.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposing team rather than pointing fingers at your own team.  There is no perfect team and they all make mistakes at times.  

I have read this board for more than 10 years. A lot of you do see rainbows and butterflies. I like the optimism at times but other times it's laughable. I don't care what you or anyone else says. I think we rotate our WRs and TEs too much.

You got a mouse in your pocket??

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Mo was in because he’s a better blocker than Ebron.  We were running out of a heavy run formation. The fact that we had our best blocking tight ends in the game helped sell the play action fake & was the reason Mo was so wide open...  Would Ebron have garnered more attention & maybe not have gotten as open?  

The Wilkins run was very similar.   They probably never expected us to run wide with Wilkins...  It’s all about scheme & Frank & Luck are dealing in Spades right now...  Take away the Mo & Hines drops & we put up 40 & cruise to a victory...  

I like the fact that we’re rotating a lot of guys.  Nothing builds your confidence like actually playing.  We’re young & need the experience...  And if a guy goes down, his replacement won’t be shell shocked because he’s been there & done that...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bsteves said:

Fact is that you don't have many facts in your post. 

- Not Doyle's first game back.

- Not sure where you get the insane idea that Cox would be a 1 or 2 on most teams.

- Next couple points are your opinions or assumptions.

- Cox did not "ball out most of the game." He had 2 catches, one, the TD, didn't even look like a catch. And he literally almost cost us the game.

A rebuttal to your points:

- A mistake, sure, but Doyle still doesn’t look like his normal self yet so I’ll reserve judgement for now. 

- In contention for 1 or 2 job on Jets, Jags, and Lions to name a few. 

- Fact is that it’s Grants first game back, that isn’t opinion, and most would agree that Inman is a 3 at best. 

- When your TE4/5 comes in and gives you points, even if it “doesn’t look like it”, it’s something to admire and I’d consider to be a very good game for the kid. 

26 minutes ago, bsteves said:

I have read this board for more than 10 years. A lot of you do see rainbows and butterflies. I like the optimism at times but other times it's laughable. I don't care what you or anyone else says. I think we rotate our WRs and TEs too much.

So keeping our WRs and TEs fresh means nothing to you?  There is a reason teams have 53 players with the best possible depth players they can find.  If you don't rotate your players regular they are burned out in the 4th quarter. Also, when players get tired they are more prone to injuries.  But don't let little things like that enter your mind because you don't like it.

27 minutes ago, bsteves said:

You seem clueless about the fact that Doyle, Hilton, Grant have missed games and practice.
 Maybe our coaches are playing the guys who have PRACTICED the plays and maybe there are snap counts. 

They have been watching these guys since the off season program and goodness gracious, they see things different than YOU.  :woah::monkeydance:

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

You seem clueless about the fact that Doyle, Hilton, Grant have missed games and practice.
 Maybe our coaches are playing the guys who have PRACTICED the plays and maybe there are snap counts. 

They have been watching these guys since the off season program and goodness gracious, they see things different than YOU.  :woah::monkeydance:

YOU seem clueless to the point I'm making. It's MY opinion. You're sitting here trying to guess what the coaches are thinking, meanwhile, I'm sitting here telling you what I'm thinking.

51 minutes ago, bsteves said:

when you become a head coach,  that will matter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

We are on a 3 game win streak.  I am not second guessing the Coaches.

I like this staff.  I love this team. 

Things are coming together.

Me too. There seems to be some who forget not only are the players still learning so are the coaches. I'm pretty happy where we are at now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gramz said:

We are on a 3 game win streak.  I am not second guessing the Coaches.

I like this staff.  I love this team. 

Things are coming together.

I love this staff and the team. I agree w you things are coming together. People are pulling ideas from my thoughts that are not intended.

1 hour ago, bsteves said:

I suggest you find a new hobby or sport. Or at least become a "fan" of another team. That or let me know where to send a copy of "football for dummies" book to. Good grief.

6 hours ago, bsteves said:

Is anyone else annoyed that the coaching staff has practice squad players like Mo Allie Cox and Chester Rodgers in the game?

I know everyone has been riding the Mo train the past couple weeks but the dude has like two catches prior to this game. He is a practice squad player and if you ask me the first grab he had on the TD was not a catch. You don't take Eric Ebron who has been torching the opposing defense out for Mo Allie Cox. Seriously, Ebron was MIA for most of the 2nd half.

Then you have Chester Rodgers in the game when we just signed Inman and Grant is back healthy. Not that he messed up this game but seriously who is confident when he is in the game? The dude has so many critical drops this year.

This game was so important to our season. I just want our sure fire guys out on the field when it matters most.

Ever player needs a blow now and then and players have rotated all season - this is nothing new. Offense and defense alike.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I suggest you find a new hobby or sport. Or at least become a "fan" of another team. That or let me know where to send a copy of "football for dummies" book to. Good grief.

Yeah, you're one of the rainbow and butterfly guys. Foh.

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Ever player needs a blow now and then and players have rotated all season - this is nothing new. Offense and defense alike.

I'm not saying the players should play 100% of the snaps. Ofc players need a break. I'm just saying you pass it to the guy that's hot and you don't play the guy that has let you down over and over again. I know the same thing that I think when I see 80 in the game is the same thing most fans think.