Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anybody kind of wished Garcon whould have stayed with the Colts?

horseshoecrabs

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Golladay took his place.  Tate only had 40 more yards that Golladay and Jones had 2 more TDs. If you have been paying more attention you would have noticed that Golladay had already pretty much took his spot away.

The signing of Grant was to have at least one vet WR on the roster besides TY.  Just how much has Grant been used this season?  We have a rookie TE who has been used more than him. Grant signed as an insurance player does not say Ballard is not grooming his own.

you literally have zero clue. in the last two games, Tate has 11 catches, Golladay only 3. And they don't even play the same position. Jones and Powell will compete to replace Tate.

And I'm not paying attention? LOL.

1 hour ago, Finball said:

Tate usually plays in the slot, Golladay usually outside and the Lions most used personnel is 11 personnel. Tate's snap count actually has increased from last year.

yup, he is ahead of the proportional totals of his last 3 years from a stat perspective. he's on track to increase his yearly average by 100+ yards.

21 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

And you base your Locker room  hearsay on what evidence? 

I mean I don’t have specific evidence just heresay. 

the super bowl where he dropped the catch Though, that alone made me not a big fan

plus the way he pointed at his name after every touchdown. 

• Like 1

Does anyone even remember how Garcon played?  His release at the time was not in question.  He was a drop machine.  He was an enigma, could make the toughest acrobatic catches, but couldn't hold on to a ball the was going for his numbers.  Everyone knew he had skill, and speed, and if he could get his hands together he'd be a really good reliable deep threat, but we held him for his rookie contract, and he never showed any semblance of getting his hands fixed.

In hindsight, i am glad he did.  And i am happy for his really productive career.  But I was one of those guys at the time that was wanting to move on from him after his rookie contract.

• Like 1

Garcon was good and tough. I liked him, he's one of my favourites.

Griggs wanted to resign him over Reggie but redskins blew our offer away. So then Reggie wanted to come back and that was good for Luck.

As far as drops, he had one in SB vs Saints and thats probably why he's not so liked around here.

I remember dirty ray lewis giving him a hit trying to hurt him and Garcon bounced right up and started jawing with him in his face. I loved that.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Alex22 said:

I mean I don’t have specific evidence just heresay. 

the super bowl where he dropped the catch Though, that alone made me not a big fan

plus the way he pointed at his name after every touchdown. 

Marvin dropped a pass in playoffs vs chargers that kept us from going up 2 scores and we wpund up losing.

So should we not be fans of Marvin because he had a drop in a big game?

It happens. Receivers sometimes miss catches.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Marvin dropped a pass in playoffs vs chargers that kept us from going up 2 scores and we wpund up losing.

So should we not be fans of Marvin because he had a drop in a big game?

It happens. Receivers sometimes miss catches.

To be fair it’s a bit of a straw man argument to compare the two.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

To be fair it’s a bit of a straw man argument to compare the two.

Wasn't comparing their body of work. Marvin is a all time great.

But just saying they both dropped passes in big games that we went on to lose. I won't dislike a receiver just because of a dropped pass no matter if it's a post season game or not. It happens.

• Like 1

Garcon was great...and he's had himself a very long career. I can understand why the Colts let him walk...given the regime and roster was about to be overhauled (I think they got very lucky that Wayne stayed during that time).

People remember his drop...I like to remember him owning the NYJ in that AFC Championship game...probably my fondest memory of Lucas Oil Stadium.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Wasn't comparing their body of work. Marvin is a all time great.

But just saying they both dropped passes in big games that we went on to lose. I won't dislike a receiver just because of a dropped pass no matter if it's a post season game or not. It happens.

Garcon did have a high percentage drop rate when he played for the Colts. He was constantly in the top 10 in the league.