Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Job Now Is To Support Andrew Luck 110%

One thing we'll have to know: he's not going to be a great player over night. He'll make many mistakes, especially in his rookie season. We'll all need to learn to be patient with him. Give him time to grow as a player and QB. Remember: Peyton went 3-13 in his rookie season.

One thing I know, I'm excited to see what Luck can do. I'm ready! GO COLTS!

So he is on the team already? No? Then I'll wait to see who it is.

No, Luck has not signed with the team yet (as far as I know).

However, he is one of 2 draft prospects that Irsay has mentioned on which the team was going to use their #1 overall draft pick.

Therefore there is no harm in scouting ahead to look at their potentials for the team.

No, Luck has not signed with the team yet (as far as I know).

However, he is one of 2 draft prospects that Irsay has mentioned on which the team was going to use their #1 overall draft pick.

Therefore there is no harm in scouting ahead to look at their potentials for the team.

I'd rather wait to support a player that isn't on the team. No use of backing him for no reason. Then they chose someone else.

Luck or Manning or any player doesn't "desreve" anything. They will earn it, and work hard at it.

I mean Luck is not a "baby" he is an adult. Luck will be fine and us fans won't hav much to do with it. Irsay and company needs to build a better team moving forward, not just at the QB position.

If Luck gets a hang nail and need to sit out a game, I want to know that the team can still compete, maybe they lose that game but be competitive. No more one trick pony as it is not fair to Luck as it was not fair to Manning.

This notion of rallying around "Luck" why would't Colts fan? Geezz..I rallied for Nick Harper..Tim Jennings..Curtis Painter...Ugoh..Sorgi LOL

Good job

Agreed. So glad this is over. The 900lb gorilla coming at his with headlights flashing was the end of Manning's career (regardless of injury). Now, we get to follow up the GOAT QB with what appears to be an elite QB. Not many, if any, NFL teams have had that luxury. I'm a Colts fan, Irsay fan, and a HUGE Andrew Luck fan. Can't wait to watch this young team develop under the incredible ownership and promising new GM/HC we have. Tough, but great time to be an Indy Colts fan.

Agreed. So glad this is over. The 900lb gorilla coming at his with headlights flashing was the end of Manning's career (regardless of injury). Now, we get to follow up the GOAT QB with what appears to be an elite QB. Not many, if any, NFL teams have had that luxury. I'm a Colts fan, Irsay fan, and a HUGE Andrew Luck fan. Can't wait to watch this young team develop under the incredible ownership and promising new GM/HC we have. Tough, but great time to be an Indy Colts fan.

hey now, we can't be having all this positive outlook talk around here haha

hey now, we can't be having all this positive outlook talk around here haha

Here's a positive thought. Based on the gutting of the team and a tough 2012 schedule, the Colts should be picking in the top 5 each round in the 2013 draft. An improved Matt Barkley, Landry Jones and maybe another top QB will be available. The Colts should have an opportunity to trade with a QB-desperate team for extra picks. On top of that, we should be out of Cap heck by then, perhaps to the tune of $30 million.

Here's a positive thought. Based on the gutting of the team and a tough 2012 schedule, the Colts should be picking in the top 5 each round in the 2013 draft. An improved Matt Barkley, Landry Jones and maybe another top QB will be available. The Colts should have an opportunity to trade with a QB-desperate team for extra picks. On top of that, we should be out of Cap heck by then, perhaps to the tune of $30 million.

No, but you cannot pass on Luck. What are we going to do with all the busts people have started to make. Not to mention the reworking of Michelangelo's David in the style of Luck.

You know letting go of peyton was a hard thing to swallow yesterday. jim irsay will look like a complete genius in 5 years or a complete jacka?@.......... after all the years of completely sucking and i go back to the baltimore colts days havving peyton was the best thing ever. however in todays "business" no player will ever stay with one team again. and i dont count guys like derek jeter cause in all reality the yankees didnt want to keep him. its all about money!!!! i know peyton and irsay said it wasnt but in todays sports evrything comes down to the all-mighty DOLLAR!!!!!! that being said i will support andrew luck 100% as he will be the new face of the team. it might be good it might be bad but i am proud to be a colts fan and will continue to be. i just hope this gm knows what he is doing and this coach can coach. if not it will be a long few years.as i live in southern new jersey and have the EAGLES jammed down my throat constantly i am always leery of anyone from the EAGLES making decisions. because really with all the great football minds they have there "what have they ever won?" absolutly nothing!!!!!! Skins 3 super bowl titles, giants 4 titles and Cowboys 5 titles!!!!!! EAGLES a big fat 00000000000000000 titles. that being said i hope this guy is smart and puts the right pieces around andrew luck and if we are LUCKY we as fans get another 12 to 15 years of greatness. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but you cannot pass on Luck. What are we going to do with all the busts people have started to make. Not to mention the reworking of Michelangelo's David in the style of Luck.

Ah-I was not clear. I was trying to say AFTER getting Luck this year, we could capitalize on teams needing Barley or Jones next year.

i just hope this gm knows what he is doing and this coach can coach. if not it will be a long few years.as i live in southern new jersey and have the EAGLES jammed down my throat constantly i am always leery of anyone from the EAGLES making decisions. because really with all the great football minds they have there "what have they ever won?" absolutly nothing!!!!!! Skins 3 super bowl titles, giants 4 titles and Cowboys 5 titles!!!!!! EAGLES a big fat 00000000000000000 titles. that being said i hope this guy is smart and puts the right pieces around andrew luck and if we are LUCKY we as fans get another 12 to 15 years of greatness. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Go Colts! I would like to point out a big detail here that is important to me, as an elder Colts fan. It is true that the Eagles have never won a 'Super Bowl'. But what is the Super Bowl? It is, by default, the world championship of professional football. When the Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl I in 1968, it was the world championship. When they won it in 1967, even though it was not called the Super Bowl, it was still the world championship. Because there has been no existing rival for the NFL prior to the 1960's who could claim a world champion, by default the NFL has been crowning champions from 1922 to today. In short, a title back then counts the same as a title now, even though now is more impressive.

The Eagles have three titles: 1948, 1949 and 1960. The Colts have four: 1958, 1959, 1970 and 2006 ( they should have had five, but the Packers-paid officials at Lambeau Field in 1965 cheated them out of one ). The Colts also won the NFL Championship in 1968, but that was not the world championship. Super Bowl III followed, where Earl Morral turned the ball over in the Jet's red zone FOUR times in the first half. Worst choke job in NFL playoff history, and more than a little suspicious. Rant over.

Oh I see. I prefer Barkley so maybe that is why I took it that way.

Well it would maybe be highly beneficial I hate to say it to have a "bad year," so perhaps they Colts could capitalize on Barkley and trade him for a couple first rounders at least. There are so many teams looking for QB's. I would still trade a 8-8 though over a 1-3 wins any day though. But when it comes to the point of having 3 wins and 5-6 wins it's tough. You want your team to win, but at the same time you want great draft picks to build upon if your one of those very bad to bad teams.

I don't know I'm confused like a rabid possum going after a :cake: in the middle of the road with two semi trucks coming at him in each lane and you have no where to escape. :tvsmash:

Well it would maybe be highly beneficial I hate to say it to have a "bad year," so perhaps they Colts could capitalize on Barkley and trade him for a couple first rounders at least. There are so many teams looking for QB's. I would still trade a 8-8 though over a 1-3 wins any day though. But when it comes to the point of having 3 wins and 5-6 wins it's tough. You want your team to win, but at the same time you want great draft picks to build upon if your one of those very bad to bad teams.

I don't know I'm confused like a rabid possum going after a :cake: in the middle of the road with two semi trucks coming at him in each lane and you have no where to escape. :tvsmash:

I know what you mean. It's tough when you know it could be beneficial to do worse, but I just rather the win and let the pick order lie where it may. I wish we could have gotten a 5 wins season last year.

Okay, personal rant on...

I purposefully stayed away from the board yesterday. I took the day off from work and sulked. Watched the press conferences and all of the rigamorole surrounding Manning's departure. And I came away with one major conclusion:

As fans, If we are to support the continuation of success, if we are to support the continuation of the standards that Irsay, Polian, Dungy and Manning set down vis-a-vis a Championship calibre organization, then we have to give Andrew Luck a lot of latitude these first two seasons.

Colts fans are acclimated to our QB being the greatest QB in the history of the game. And with that comes some instinctive expectations with regards to game play, decision making, execution and ultimately victories. But Andrew Luck has nothing to do with our muscle memory, our atmosphere or expectations. He is not Peyton Manning. He is not going to do what Manning did. He may exceed it (as I hope) or he may not. But he is not Peyton Manning.

IMHO He deserves a clean slate. No Manningesque expectations from us as "fans". All cheers. All encouragement (because you know the Krapitz' of the World are gonna open fire at the first loss. Especially if we do not fly out the gate with 10 wins). But we're not Dolphins fans. We're not Raiders fans. We're Colts fans. We've endured some of the worst football teams in the history of the league. So let's stay humble. Let's give this kid all of the support and latitude he needs (from the fans) in these first few years to be succesful. If we want to have the next 14 years look anything like the previous 14, then we have to throw everything Manning out the window (for now), focus on Andrew Luck's team and roll with him.

...rant off.

My only objection is this, while most are as certain as they can be about the new quarterback, is it really beyond imagination that Irsay could take RG3 instead??

I'm not trolling here, I just hate committing before it's a sure thing and I was in the "keep Peyton" camp so I don't want to be disappointed again.......

It is not my job to support him. No fans have a "job" with regards to their decisions about sports. I didn't fill out that application, I didn't sign a contract, and he doesn't pay me. I am under no obligation to offer him anything. I hope he does well for us. I will cheer for them to win. He has earned nothing from me.

Now, we get to follow up the GOAT QB with what appears to be an elite QB. Not many, if any, NFL teams have had that luxury. I'm a Colts fan, Irsay fan, and a HUGE Andrew Luck fan. Can't wait to watch this young team develop under the incredible ownership and promising new GM/HC we have. Tough, but great time to be an Indy Colts fan.

Great post.