Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Extended Colts vs. Skins Game Highlights

Coltsman1788

For those who may not have got a chance to see the game or anyone who wants to watch a 10 minute replay of the essential plays.

Noteworthy Game Stats/Tidbits:

• -Colts only allowed 65 yards rushing today.
  • -Luck was sacked only one time.
  • -Colts Defense with 3 sacks today.
  • -Colts Offense under 300 total yards of offense. Defense keys victory.
  • -Look for #53 Darius Leonard. He was all over the field today.
  • -Colts fans show up strong in D.C.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

It will be interesting to see the snap counts tomorrow....it appeared that Hunt played a lot inside while #97 (Muhammad) was playing a lot - like splitting time with Turay...?

Good to see Desir back out there too. 

I really thought Desir played a good game.  Had a couple of good pass defenses including a key breakup of a pass in the endzone. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Washington WR's were terrified of Leonard by the 4th quarter. Intimidation factor. Also, is Jordan Reed still supposed to be good, or is he washed up?

Well just 2 days ago Tony Gonzalez called Jordan Reed the best TE in the league...when healthy.  So I take it he has talent but his ability to stay healthy is somewhat of a concern thus far.  He is only 28.  He was essentially held in check by our defense today.  6 catches for 55 yards and a fumble.  I thought the Colts did a great job containing Jamison Crowder as well.  Outside of the big reverse run on their opening series...he really did not hurt us much at all.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

For anyone who though Alex Smith's arm was weak or average.........wrong. 

Yeah I always thought he was a decent QB.  The Colts beat a decent team on the road today.  The Skins are not elite but they are a solid team that plays tough at home.  Their fans fully expected their team to come away with a win against what they percieved as a weaker Colts team.  Winning this game is a significant win for our young team at this stage of the season.

• Like 2

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Props man.  Good that you were able to rep us 757 Colts fans out there.  You could see on TV that there was lots of Blue & White in the stadium.  You all held it down!

Oh yeah true fan forever there were alot of colts fans there and they all represented the horse shoe

• Like 1

Everyone watch the highlights and look for Ryan Grant. (#11). He was a run blocking monster this game. Even got a pancake on the Hilton play on 3rd and long.

He’s giving a lot of effort. Good to see. Even though it’s against his old team hopefully he continues his strong effort.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Love me some Jordan Wilkins 

I don't see him as an all star but I'm starting to think he's good enough to give this team a solid running game. 

I'd say he's probably on the level Frank Gore was at when he was with the Colts except Wilkins is 10 years younger.  

9 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Everyone watch the highlights and look for Ryan Grant. (#11). He was a run blocking monster this game. Even got a pancake on the Hilton play on 3rd and long.

He’s giving a lot of effort. Good to see. Even though it’s against his old team hopefully he continues his strong effort.

I really like Grant. Solid pick up. He is Mr. Reliable.

• Like 1