Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts News, Injury Updates, Coach Interviews, and more

TKnight24

Great news here. Sounds like Luck is getting back into his old form. I think he's in 2016 form right now. Lets hope he's back to 2014 form by the end of the season. We may be fully healthy in week 2, which would be almost unheard of. I thought the Redskins would crush us week 2 on Sunday after the games, starting to think we may put up a fight now.

9 hours ago, krunk said:

I feel like the Colts are going to play a very good game this week.  I just have that feeling.

I agree the +6 is like free money. We should be able to run the ball more effectively with Mack and Castonzo back. Ive been saying it since this summer this is the best group on offense Luck has had to work with. I wish they'd have said something about Ridgeway being inactive. I bet he is active this week and records his first sack of the season. I don't think the preseason was a fluke I expect Ridgeway to flourish in this system. 

15 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I agree the +6 is like free money. We should be able to run the ball more effectively with Mack and Castonzo back. Ive been saying it since this summer this is the best group on offense Luck has had to work with. I wish they'd have said something about Ridgeway being inactive. I bet he is active this week and records his first sack of the season. I don't think the preseason was a fluke I expect Ridgeway to flourish in this system. 

We may not see Ridgeway against Washington I'm thinking. I think they go with heavier bodies against teams that like to run. So they had Woods and backed him up with Grover Stewart. Venturi sort of explained it here 

21 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I feel like this will be like the Green Bay game at Lambeau when Pagano was here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Im waiting to see what we can do on the ground with the full stable available. Mack, Turbin, Hines, Wilkins.

27 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Wondering if we play Marcus Johnson this game? We need to have that second big body that can go deep when teams start sitting on the short routes.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im waiting to see what we can do on the ground with the full stable available. Mack, Turbin, Hines, Wilkins.

Yeah it's tough to judge the running game with our RB1 and best offensive lineman out.  Turbin will help but if we are counting on him to jump start the running game that's not good. I think Mack is going to have a big year. 

I will give V a listen. Ridgeway could be valuable at least for passing downs. Pressure in the QB's face makes it tough and helps the E get home. The injuries had to play a role in our inactives what that means for Ridgeway who knows. 

It may be difficult to have all 6 WR's active. If Pascal is now the top KR he may continue to  get the nod.  I like that kid.  Pascal Chester and Grant are all 6'+ and run in the 4.4's.  Johnson is a hair faster but they all should be able to get deep. IR will be interesting to see what we do there. Johnson had some KR experience at Texas. That may be his ticket. 

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

Yeah it's tough to judge the running game with our RB1 and best offensive lineman out.  Turbin will help but if we are counting on him to jump start the running game that's not good. I think Mack is going to have a big year. 

I will give V a listen. Ridgeway could be valuable at least for passing downs. Pressure in the QB's face makes it tough and helps the E get home. The injuries had to play a role in our inactives what that means for Ridgeway who knows. 

It may be difficult to have all 6 WR's active. If Pascal is now the top KR he may continue to  get the nod.  I like that kid.  Pascal Chester and Grant are all 6'+ and run in the 4.4's.  Johnson is a hair faster but they all should be able to get deep. IR will be interesting to see what we do there. Johnson had some KR experience at Texas. That may be his ticket. 

I don't think Grant is 4.4. More like 4.6 to 4.7.

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

Turbin brings the power element. The tough running, but he's also fast. Right now we just have Wilkins maybe. Each guy brings a different element. Having all 4 horses opens things up for us in how we attack. I think we have a good backfield with all 4 healthy.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Turbin brings the power element. The tough running, but he's also fast. Right now we just have Wilkins maybe. Each guy brings a different element. Having all 4 horses opens things up for us in how we attack. I think we have a good backfield with all 4 healthy.

I know Turbin can pass block.  I'm hoping Mack's has improved from last year (he showed improvement in the last few games last year).  What about the other guys?