Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking At The Schedule

subvet

Peyton Manning has had several teams mentioned as a possible landing spot, the Colts are playing 3 of the teams mentioned this season.

I hate to use the word karma but it is an interesting coincidence.

We'll stomp Peyton no matter what team he's on.

If Luck and Peyton go against each other when the Dolphins come here, I will hope for a shootout, like when Peyton played Marino in his early years :). It would be fun to watch, as a football fan if both QBs are slinging it. Of course, I would want the Colts to win eventually but Manusky does not give me confidence for the Colts' defensive side of things, unfortunately.

New QB - give him an O-line that can keep his throws minimal with a good running game, good TE support and a go to wideout. If Wayne is let go, sign Colston and re-sign Garcon, Luck should win enough games for us to invigorate the franchise again.

dumb.

Manning will be a different player than the one you remember. Mark my words. He is use to a system where the club was built around him. He is now going to have to fit into someone elses offense and everything he has ever known about the NFL is about to change. Also no one knows if or when he could return to a high level of play that we all know. Not saying he can't do it, just saying that some people think just because his name is Peyton Manning that he will be the same player he was here, which I can Guarentee he won't.

Manning will be a different player than the one you remember. Mark my words. He is use to a system where the club was built around him. He is now going to have to fit into someone elses offense and everything he has ever known about the NFL is about to change. Also no one knows if or when he could return to a high level of play that we all know. Not saying he can't do it, just saying that some people think just because his name is Peyton Manning that he will be the same player he was here, which I can Guarentee he won't.

I agree, he wont be the same, he will be better. Maybe actually going to a team that has a flippin DEFENSE!?

Better? lol Who has 4 neck surgery's and comes out "Better" I think your reaching a little bit here.

Isn't that the elephant in the room we have been dealing with for more than a year? Is the one step backward result in two to three steps forward? Is the more painful surgery that Peyton chose to go with for quicker recovery going to result in a Peyton that was not hurting like in 2010?

The answer is that it is medically possible, and physically possible. So, yes, there is a theoretical possibility that Peyton could still play another 3 or 4 years, if well protected at a high level. Only time will tell. All we can do now is speculate. I only hope that Peyton, for his own good, knows when to hang it up and not continue to put himself in the line of fire when he cannot be what he was before. That stage of realization is yet to come, it seems like. So I wish him well.

Better? lol Who has 4 neck surgery's and comes out "Better" I think your reaching a little bit here.

I don't necessarily agree that Manning will be better than he was before, but the number of neck surgeries is not an issue. The last surgery was successfulm and nerve regeneration is the issue.

Isn't that the elephant in the room we have been dealing with for more than a year? Is the one step backward result in two to three steps forward? Is the more painful surgery that Peyton chose to go with for quicker recovery going to result in a Peyton that was not hurting like in 2010?

The answer is that it is medically possible, and physically possible. So, yes, there is a theoretical possibility that Peyton could still play another 3 or 4 years, if well protected at a high level. Only time will tell. All we can do now is speculate. I only hope that Peyton, for his own good, knows when to hang it up and not continue to put himself in the line of fire when he cannot be what he was before. That stage of realization is yet to come, it seems like. So I wish him well.

One could argue that surgically repaired neck is not better than one that was never injured in the first place. The nerve regeneration is a HUGE factor as to weather or not he'll be able to be as good as he was before though.

I pray peyton goes to the 49ers. And, I hope he wins the superbowl. He deserves a team like that, and a coach like Harbaugh to allow him to do what he does. The 9ers would allow him to shine like he deserves. This is so unfair to Peyton Manning. Look at what he has done for Indy. He made the colts THE colts, he brings money into the organization and the city of Indianapolis, he even has an Indianapolis childrens hospital in his name, for petes sake. He is treated so unfair. I knew his era would come to an end soon, but he is truely an incredible player and human being....He DESERVES to retire a Colt. Without Manning there is no Saturday, there will be no Wayne, Garcon is a free agent, Clark and Collie will injure themselves....Luck has no offensive left to allow him to succeed like the player everyone expects him to be. Why is that a better choice than peyton manning? Allow a new QB to sit behind manning for one year, and learn to be the manning caliber qb he could be. Or draft RG3 since he will be more versatile for our current offensive situation. Hello...steve young behind joe montana? That worked out well. I will love the Colts team forever, but I am absolutely heart broken for Manning

I pray peyton goes to the 49ers. And, I hope he wins the superbowl. He deserves a team like that, and a coach like Harbaugh to allow him to do what he does. The 9ers would allow him to shine like he deserves. This is so unfair to Peyton Manning. Look at what he has done for Indy. He made the colts THE colts, he brings money into the organization and the city of Indianapolis, he even has an Indianapolis childrens hospital in his name, for petes sake. He is treated so unfair. I knew his era would come to an end soon, but he is truely an incredible player and human being....He DESERVES to retire a Colt. Without Manning there is no Saturday, there will be no Wayne, Garcon is a free agent, Clark and Collie will injure themselves....Luck has no offensive left to allow him to succeed like the player everyone expects him to be. Why is that a better choice than peyton manning? Allow a new QB to sit behind manning for one year, and learn to be the manning caliber qb he could be. Or draft RG3 since he will be more versatile for our current offensive situation. Hello...steve young behind joe montana? That worked out well. I will love the Colts team forever, but I am absolutely heart broken for Manning

You're seeing it clearly.....dap..

This is it....No Manning is no Reggie and no Saturday...and maybe no Dallas Clark.

People talk about starting over.....

Sometimes you try to start over 10 times before you actually can.

I thought Irsay would keep Manning because of what he meant to his franchise. to the 'Horseshoe'

But I was wrong

With a running game and an actual defense, ya he will be better. Get a clue. my post had nothing to do with his throwing, but with an actual team surrounding him. period.

Yea because Arizona has a great defense and a running game. Where are you assuming he is going?

im outta likes.. so.. this!

Riddle me this. How much do you think Manning is going to sign with another team for? All Manning had to do was restructure the contract to stay here, we already paid him 20 something million to bench it last season, he should have been willing to bend over backwards to stay here. I'm not saying this is how it all went down with Irsay but, it's the most probable.

One could argue that surgically repaired neck is not better than one that was never injured in the first place. The nerve regeneration is a HUGE factor as to weather or not he'll be able to be as good as he was before though.

So, if the nerve regenerates, he can be as good as before he was injured, right? I think we both know understand that is the key to him being pre-injury Peyton.

So, the possibility that it will regenerate is there, when and how well, only time can answer that.

In a poll a while ago I said the Jets. I was joking I thought but they still haunt me. I know how much Rex adores Peyton. I heard Trevor Pryce on the radio yestersday say that when they beat the Colts in the playoffs and were on the bus that Peyton and Rex were talking outside like they were family. He said he believes he might end up on the Jets in the end.

I hope not.

In a poll a while ago I said the Jets. I was joking I thought but they still haunt me. I know how much Rex adores Peyton. I heard Trevor Pryce on the radio yestersday say that when they beat the Colts in the playoffs and were on the bus that Peyton and Rex were talking outside like they were family. He said he believes he might end up on the Jets in the end.

I hope not.

Nooooooooooo! Anyone but the Jets!!!!

SHould be an interesting reunion. I'd say the Dolphins are the most likely destination and that game is in Indy. If he does go to Miami, I'm going to that game.

Dolphins have a rookie HC though. Chances of winning it all with a rookie HC are usually slim.

I don't think Peyton will win another SB though. Just a hunch.....he might come close like Favre did though.

I hope Peyton goes to the NFC....

I dont want to face him every year

The way I look at it, were going to have a few down years, and Manning has but a few more years left so I'd like to see him he stay in our division. The Texans are SB ready ... if Manning is 100% he could lead them to 1 or even 2 SBs then retire on top.

Interesting... How can you "guarantee" that??

If you have a broken body part that needs repair.. You have it repaired, isnt it within the realm of possibility that you would feel better and perhaps perform better than prior to having it repaired?

Be certain of one thing.

Whether Manning goes to a team like KC/Arizona that will have some hybrid/combo of their system & his system, or a team like Wash/Hou/Mia that will likely run some form of the WCO, or a team like the Jets that I could see fully installing the Manning system by bringing Moore back.

No matter what team he ends up with. No matter what type of offensive scheme he ends up in. He will own that offense. He will put in the time/effort/work to get his new weapons on the same page as he was with the guys he had here. If 87 joins him with the new team, it will make that transition easier.

He will own whatever offense he runs.

Be certain of one thing.

Whether Manning goes to a team like KC/Arizona that will have some hybrid/combo of their system & his system, or a team like Wash/Hou/Mia that will likely run some form of the WCO, or a team like the Jets that I could see fully installing the Manning system by bringing Moore back.

No matter what team he ends up with. No matter what type of offensive scheme he ends up in. He will own that offense. He will put in the time/effort/work to get his new weapons on the same page as he was with the guys he had here. If 87 joins him with the new team, it will make that transition easier.

He will own whatever offense he runs.

He'll own the opposing defense as well....