Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury update: Marlon Mack

MTC

Stinks, hamstring injury for a guy who relies on speed in space and bouncing outside cannot be a good thing. :( 

Turbin suspended, and if Mack is out for a regular season game or two, Luck is throwing a lot the first few games and Ballard is scouring cuts for an RB. 

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

technically, no, there isn't.

Technically a few is a "handful" or a  "small number," and since most people use couple for the number 2, the word few generally is used to indicate more than 2... and in this context, 2 weeks out versus 3 or 4 weeks out, is absolutely a big difference. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This undoubtedly will afford Wilkens the opportunity to be the starting back.  I actually think he is more suited to be our starter anyway with Mack being the change up guy.  He looks to be more of a durable runner.  Reich has already commented on how well he pass protects which is a big plus over Mack.  He should really have a chance to play with the ones now and get himself settled.   Tough break for Mack but it wouldn't be the first time an injury has opened up an opportunity for someone else.  Hopefully he is a quick healer. 

• Like 1

Like I've said before, there are guys out there right now that the Colts can sign. After roster cuts there will be some quality backs available as well. Personally I'm hoping Wilkins and Hines can handle the load if Mack has to miss an extended period of time but I think it's safe to assume they're bringing in another back. And no I did not forget about Ferguson and Michael still being on the roster.

13 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

mack not be durable enough to be the main rb

With cain out mack hurt and turbin out the first four games and the defense looking how it does. Luck may have to challenge the 2013 broncos 55 passing tds for us to win games

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

mack not be durable enough to be the main rb

Mack appears to be injury prone. It's a shame because he seems to be the most explosive RB we have had since James. Not sure he can be counted on to be on the field for big games.  Let's hope our Rookie RB's turn out good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

With cain out mack hurt and turbin out the first four games and the defense looking how it does. Luck may have to challenge the 2013 broncos 55 passing tds for us to win games

Someone will have to step up at RB and also a WR other than Hilton to take the pressure off Luck