Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning & Irsay At Airport In Their Cars

Ohio Colt

BOTH of them if you caught a glimpse of it on Sportcenter, looked VERY emotional. Looked puffy eyed like they had spent some time crying. No joke. If you see it--I'm sure some will not allow themselves to see it this way. But to me it was clear that they looked like they shared some emotional moments on that flight. Possibly talking about the warmth of all the great memories we hold so dear and what brought us all here.

Just more writing on the wall IMO. Who else noticed this?

Anyone who thinks this is easy for Irsay and Manning is kidding themselves. I am sure it's breaking their hearts as well. I think tomorrow is going to be a very emotional day for everyone around the horse shoe. I heard an interview tonight with Mathis and he almost got choked up about it because he said Peyton is his friend and he just hates to see his friend going threw this because he knows how hard Peyton has worked to get back. Mathis also said some very nice things about Irsay and even said anyone who is blaming Irsay for this doesn't know the whole story.

If they both want this and they both are all emotional...then what is the problem. I just don't get it.

Forget Luck for the moment, he has time to sit. Forget the GM, Irsay is the owner.

If Peyton is healthy and he wants to stay in Indy and if Irsay really wants him to stay and play, then I don't get the problem.

They both have said they would work it out. Peyton said he would take less, Irsay said Peyton could play here if he wanted.

Saying Peyton would have to compete for what is HIS team is just plain a slap in the face (IMHO) and that might be the issue here. If so, I do lose respect for this organization. They do owe Peyton more than I can even put into a post.

But seriously, if they are both truly emotional over this, what the heck is the problem?

Yeah...I am ticked. :sorry:

BOTH of them if you caught a glimpse of it on Sportcenter, looked VERY emotional. Looked puffy eyed like they had spent some time crying. No joke. If you see it--I'm sure some will not allow themselves to see it this way. But to me it was clear that they looked like they shared some emotional moments on that flight. Possibly talking about the warmth of all the great memories we hold so dear and what brought us all here.

Just more writing on the wall IMO. Who else noticed this?

Yeah I just saw the clip, looked like Irsay was driving him somewhere. Maybe they will open up Saint Elmos Steakhouse for a couple hours, kick back a couple beverages, eat a nice steak and reminisce. It did look like they were emotional and didn't want to really deal with the media currently. I'm sure there won't be any bad blood between the two as many think. I also think Irsay wasn't happy to make this decision at all but they both respect it unlike many of the fans.

If they both want this and they both are all emotional...then what is the problem. I just don't get it.

Forget Luck for the moment, he has time to sit. Forget the GM, Irsay is the owner.

If Peyton is healthy and he wants to stay in Indy and if Irsay really wants him to stay and play, then I don't get the problem.

They both have said they would work it out. Peyton said he would take less, Irsay said Peyton could play here if he wanted.

Saying Peyton would have to compete for what is HIS team is just plain a slap in the face (IMHO) and that might be the issue here. If so, I do lose respect for this organization. They do owe Peyton more than I can even put into a post.

But seriously, if they are both truly emotional over this, what the heck is the problem?

It's like breaking up with someone you still love but you know you both might be better off apart then you are together anymore.

As much as you are emotional about Peyton. You have to realize, if he leaves its also in his best interest to win another Superbowl. Our rebuilding team isn't going to cut it for him in the limited time he has left to play.

I think at the end of the day Peyton knew it was unreasonable to ask the Colts to pay him the 28 million and lock themselves into the contract. I also think Irsay knew that it was unreasonable to ask Peyton to come back for a victory lap to groom Luck. I think Irsay looked at things and knows he has who is supposed to be the next great one in Luck and even as Peyton has said those kinds of players need to play. Frankly I think Peyton thinks Luck is going to be good and doesn't want to stand in Luck's way but also wants to play as well. I think they honestly came to the agreement that parting as hard as it is is honestly the best thing for both sides. If nothing else this sounds like it's the peaceful end that the media tried so hard to avoid.

It's heart breaking no question but I just have faith in the long run it's going to work out. That's all we can hope for at this point.

I think at the end of the day Peyton knew it was unreasonable to ask the Colts to pay him the 28 million and lock themselves into the contract. I also think Irsay knew that it was unreasonable to ask Peyton to come back for a victory lap to groom Luck. I think Irsay looked at things and knows he has who is supposed to be the next great one in Luck and even as Peyton has said those kinds of players need to play. Frankly I think Peyton thinks Luck is going to be good and doesn't want to stand in Luck's way but also wants to play as well. I think they honestly came to the agreement that parting as hard as it is is honestly the best thing for both sides. If nothing else this sounds like it's the peaceful end that the media tried so hard to avoid.

It's heart breaking no question but I just have faith in the long run it's going to work out. That's all we can hope for at this point.

Good post. It was just a perfect storm of weird circumstances that none of us could see coming that lead to this parting of ways I think. I know people are angry and heart broken but as you pointed out probably the best decision for both sides at this point. Not the way any of us wanted to see Peyton's Indy run play out in the end.

I wouldn't say that I have faith that it is going to work out in the long run because who knows? This could be the right move, or it could be an abysmal failure. From a risk/reward standpoint, though, I think it makes sense.......as much as I don't want that to be the case.

Good post. It was just a perfect storm of weird circumstances that none of us could see coming that lead to this parting of ways I think. I know people are angry and heart broken but as you pointed out probably the best decision for both sides at this point. Not the way any of us wanted to see Peyton's Indy run play out in the end.

and I think it's importent to remember that inclues Manning and Irsay.

I wouldn't say that I have faith that it is going to work out in the long run because who knows? This could be the right move, or it could be an abysmal failure. From a risk/reward standpoint, though, I think it makes sense.......as much as I don't want that to be the case.

That's the point of faith you don't know.

I don't get why in the sportscenter segment; Mort states that Irsay told him in florida it was time to part ways. He also explains how peyton had 5 days of throwing great at duke.

this is all about getting luck. Why would Irsay sign Peyton to a new contract in July, only to cut him? So he can get his hands on Luck.

this sucks

I don't get why in the sportscenter segment; Mort states that Irsay told him in florida it was time to part ways. He also explains how peyton had 5 days of throwing great at duke.

this is all about getting luck. Why would Irsay sign Peyton to a new contract in July, only to cut him? So he can get his hands on Luck.

this sucks

because he had no idea in July he as going to get Luck. At the time they thought at most Peyton would miss a month. I doubt in their wildest dreams they thought thye would be in a poistion to get Luck.

If the organization and fan base to a lesser degree is patient with Luck, there will be rewards.

Look at Eli for perfect example. My in-laws are Giants season ticket holders. Rough start to his career. Looked bleak.... it's a good thing that organization is stable and didn't let the fans and media run that guy out of town. I'll see you in Canton eli when I go with my wife and father in law to see you inducted with your bust. How many rings will you have by then? And all with the Giants.

Colts fans need to be patient with Luck and pray the organization will be as well. The fact the owner loves him as a player will only help.

because he had no idea in July he as going to get Luck. At the time they thought at most Peyton would miss a month. I doubt in their wildest dreams they thought thye would be in a poistion to get Luck.

Yet Luck isn't the reason Peyton is leaving like some say. :???:

If the organization and fan base to a lesser degree is patient with Luck, there will be rewards.

Look at Eli for perfect example. My in-laws are Giants season ticket holders. Rough start to his career. Looked bleak.... it's a good thing that organization is stable and didn't let the fans and media run that guy out of town. I'll see you in Canton eli when I go with my wife and father in law to see you inducted with your bust. How many rings will you have by then? And all with the Giants.

Colts fans need to be patient with Luck and pray the organization will be as well. The fact the owner loves him as a player will only help.

Yep and that means accepting he wont be Peyton Manning next year. Even Peyton Manning wasn't Peyton Manning as a rookie. He had to grow into it. Luck needs time to do the same. Also Luck doesn't have two future Hall of Famers in Marvin Harrison and Marshal Faulk waiting for him here on offense. Frankly the best skill player he's probably going to have around him is Dallas Clark who is a good player but not a Hall of Famer.

I do think the fact we hired Pagano and Grigson who are first timers shows that Irsay is willing to be patient with everyone here. They al need time to grow into the job.

Well its either this or Curtis Painter for the future. Getting Painter was the best thing to happen to us in a long time, so that we can now get Luck.

Never thought of it like that. LOL I guess that was a brilliant move by Polian to draft Painter after all.

Saw the video, and it seems that both are taking it pretty hard. Irsay didn't really talk and Peyton looked like he was trying to cover his sadness up. He had short answers, and he kept saying the same thing. He looked a little shaken up.