Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football 2018 League

So far:

@buccolts - available on August 29th, 30th for evenings, only in morning for September 1st

@Juanjo - available any day as long as time is early enough in terms of Spain time

@Valpo2004 - Labor Day weekend preferable, evenings preferable

@spoonfish - Weekend preferable, evenings are fine

@crazycolt1 - flexible, no matter what

@chad72 - flexible, no matter what

@Virtuoso80 - the evening time slots seem to be fine on all days

@Bluefire4 - weekend evening time slots seem to be fine

@SteelCityColt - most time slots on discussed dates are fine as long as time is early enough in terms of European time

@IndyD4U - flexible, except August 25th

@HOFClipboardHolder and @Rich Cannon are the only ones yet to respond

I might do a 6 pm ET timing on September 1st, to accommodate folks in Europe, instead of 7 pm ET. @buccolts - you may be the odd man out in all of this, unfortunately, might want to prepare yourself. :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2018 at 11:55 AM, chad72 said:

So far:

@buccolts - available on August 29th, 30th for evenings, only in morning for September 1st

@Juanjo - available any day as long as time is early enough in terms of Spain time

@Valpo2004 - Labor Day weekend preferable, evenings preferable

@spoonfish - Weekend preferable, evenings are fine

@crazycolt1 - flexible, no matter what

@chad72 - flexible, no matter what

@Virtuoso80 - the evening time slots seem to be fine on all days

@Bluefire4 - weekend evening time slots seem to be fine

@SteelCityColt - most time slots on discussed dates are fine as long as time is early enough in terms of European time

@IndyD4U - flexible, except August 25th

@HOFClipboardHolder and @Rich Cannon are the only ones yet to respond

I might do a 6 pm ET timing on September 1st, to accommodate folks in Europe, instead of 7 pm ET. @buccolts - you may be the odd man out in all of this, unfortunately, might want to prepare yourself. :thmup:

Yes, I see this as a realistic possibilty.

I guess I'll educate myself on 'pre-draft rankings', and how to use it.

Quick question/thought:

In order to randomize the draft order, I am just going to use a randomizer with the list of team names from 1st to last in a row. Then place that in the draft order.

I would like to offer the opportunity for a few of you to be able to view the randomizing. I am going to randomize it 3 times in a row and whatever order it ends at, that is what it is. To make the process transparent, I would like to do a GoToMeeting for the same.  Even if a few of you are available,  that is good enough for me to let everyone know it was done right.

August 16th, I would like to do the randomizing and will send out an invite from nfl.com for you all to view.  Let me know which ones of you would be available on August 16th at 7 pm ET and I will send out an invite for the randomizing.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Quick question/thought:

In order to randomize the draft order, I am just going to use a randomizer with the list of team names from 1st to last in a row. Then place that in the draft order.

I would like to offer the opportunity for a few of you to be able to view the randomizing. I am going to randomize it 3 times in a row and whatever order it ends at, that is what it is. To make the process transparent, I would like to do a GoToMeeting for the same.  Even if a few of you are available,  that is good enough for me to let everyone know it was done right.

August 16th, I would like to do the randomizing and will send out an invite from nfl.com for you all to view.  Let me know which ones of you would be available on August 16th at 7 pm ET and I will send out an invite for the randomizing.

The commish in my other league does this also. Good idea.

I should be able to witness this event.

• Like 1

I sent the entire league an e-mail giving the link for the GoToMeeting on August 16th, 7 pm ET where I will randomize the list starting with an alphabetical order in the live meeting:

AxelF

Bluefire Squad

Broosters

God Hates Jags

IndyD4U

Kanye East

Out of Bounds

Spoonfish

SteelCityColt

Virtuoso80

Virutas Spanish Team

VU Cru

• Like 1

That is it folks, nothing fancy to change regarding rules.

Just a waiver wire happy medium change where it will be a case of "make the claim and move to last" for the first 7 weeks. After the first 7 weeks, starting with week 8, it will be the inverse order of standings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2018 at 10:04 AM, chad72 said:

I sent the entire league an e-mail giving the link for the GoToMeeting on August 16th, 7 pm ET where I will randomize the list starting with an alphabetical order in the live meeting:

AxelF

Bluefire Squad

Broosters

God Hates Jags

IndyD4U

Kanye East

Out of Bounds

Spoonfish

SteelCityColt

Virtuoso80

Virutas Spanish Team

VU Cru

Is there a reason we need to be there if you are just going to randomize the list?  

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

He just needs some witnesses in case he pulls the first pick himself. 

Exactly!!! I just need a couple of folks to be there to ensure a transparent process and the draft order presented to the group indeed did happen due to randomization. :) 

2 hours ago, buccolts said:

He just needs some witnesses in case he pulls the first pick himself. 

Having the 1st pick in this league can be a curse. Having the 1st pick in the draft go down before a full game was even played hurt me big time. It also means your waiver wire pick goes to last automatically. Personally I like picks 4-8. It kind of puts you in the middle of the talent pool.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Having the 1st pick in this league can be a curse. Having the 1st pick in the draft go down before a full game was even played hurt me big time. It also means your waiver wire pick goes to last automatically. Personally I like picks 4-8. It kind of puts you in the middle of the talent pool.

Oh yes!

Johnson stung me last year, in another league.

• Like 1

Final draft order after randomization (Spoonfish and Broosters/Buccolts were present):

Virtuoso80
God Hates Jags
SteelCityColt
Bluefire Squad
Kanye East
IndyD4U
Virutas Spanish Team
Broosters
Out of Bounds
AxelF
Spoonfish
VU Cru

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2018 at 3:17 PM, chad72 said:

Exactly!!! I just need a couple of folks to be there to ensure a transparent process and the draft order presented to the group indeed did happen due to randomization. :) 

Chad,

You're doing a great job! Thanks for stepping up and keeping this league alive. I figured the draft would be coming up soon, so I wanted to pop in and see how it was going, and it looks great!

Maybe someday I can return to the fray :) Until then, I'm working on the next Andrew Luck here.

yJ6qGg.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

Chad,

You're doing a great job! Thanks for stepping up and keeping this league alive. I figured the draft would be coming up soon, so I wanted to pop in and see how it was going, and it looks great!

Maybe someday I can return to the fray :) Until then, I'm working on the next Andrew Luck here.

yJ6qGg.jpg

I am sure we're going to miss your "trade happy" self till you return. :) 

Enjoy parenting!!! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Congratulations to @Virtuoso80 (Derek) for winning the Colts elite league!!! Great league guys!!!

Wish you all a Happy New Year!!! 

@crazycolt1 told us he will not be back next year, can he confirm that is still the case? If yes, the 2 spots vacant will be that of the 12th place @HOFClipboardHolder and that of @crazycolt1 (I am the 11th place, so I will wait for confirmation).

@Colt92 can send the top 2 guys from the Joe's league our way whenever he can. :) 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Congratulations to @Virtuoso80 (Derek) for winning the Colts elite league!!! Great league guys!!!

Wish you all a Happy New Year!!! 

@crazycolt1 told us he will not be back next year, can he confirm that is still the case? If yes, the 2 spots vacant will be that of the 12th place @HOFClipboardHolder and that of @crazycolt1 (I am the 11th place, so I will wait for confirmation).

@Colt92 can send the top 2 guys from the Joe's league our way whenever he can. :) 

I will not be returning next season.  Good luck to all that play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

You will be missed, Kenny, always a good competitor!!!

Thanks Chad. I will miss the competition but I just cant find the time needed to make myself competitive. It's been a fun ride and I hope my spot gives you or someone a chance to stay in this league.