Myles

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

3 hours ago, MTC said:

I am going to guess Chandler Hutchison, SF, Boise State.

I honestly don't know much about him.

I do agree with @Colts_Fan12 that I hope we are at least seeing if we could make a deal to get Kawhi. It sounds like he wants to go to LA, but why not at least try?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I do agree with @Colts_Fan12 that I hope we are at least seeing if we could make a deal to get Kawhi. It sounds like he wants to go to LA, but why not at least try?

There’s no way he goes to the pacers. Even though he’s not a free agent he still has a lot of leverage on where he goes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

There’s no way he goes to the pacers. Even though he’s not a free agent he still has a lot of leverage on where he goes 

Agreed but didn’t everyone last year kept saying Pacers wouldn’t find value outside of trading to Lakers last year. There can be other deals out there that can be had. Someone might take the chance of a one and done situation and try to convince him to stay. OKC did it...might a team like the Clippers be willing to make a deal?? They have picks 11 & 12 to work with plus some other guys or could bring another team in that wants picks and is willing to move a player. I don’t think Spurs want to give in...especially to an arch nemesis like the Lakers.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed but didn’t everyone last year kept saying Pacers wouldn’t find value outside of trading to Lakers last year. There can be other deals out there that can be had. Someone might take the chance of a one and done situation and try to convince him to stay. OKC did it...might a team like the Clippers be willing to make a deal?? They have picks 11 & 12 to work with plus some other guys or could bring another team in that wants picks and is willing to move a player. I don’t think Spurs want to give in...especially to an arch nemesis like the Lakers.

The only way we get Kawhi is if we give up Turner + probably Bogey and our 23rd. Spurs may bite on that.

• Like 1

Few guys I could see us look at if we keep our pick.

PG: Jalen Brunson

SG: Gary Trent Jr.

SG/SF: Troy Brown

SF/PF: Bates-Diop

PF/C: Omari Spellman

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The only way we get Kawhi is if we give up Turner + probably Bogey and our 23rd. Spurs may bite on that.

But I don’t think we could keep him. I don’t see us going that route. I’d see us being more a facilitator for another team....using our cap space and expiring reasonable deals of players with team options to help someone move him...where we say get a piece or draft pick for making the money work.

Round 2 targets for us I can see us looking for a player to stash in the G-league...really work in progress.

SF: Justin Jackson 

SF: Homaduo Diallo

SG: Melik Newman

SG: Bruce Brown

On 6/17/2018 at 3:48 PM, dgambill said:

Few guys I could see us look at if we keep our pick.

PG: Jalen Brunson

SG: Gary Trent Jr.

SG/SF: Troy Brown

SF/PF: Bates-Diop

PF/C: Omari Spellman

Brunson would be a great pick IMO. I love what Collision has done for us but hes getting older. Gotta find a young PG sooner or later. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2018 at 3:56 PM, dgambill said:

Round 2 targets for us I can see us looking for a player to stash in the G-league...really work in progress.

SF: Justin Jackson 

SF: Homaduo Diallo

SG: Melik Newman

SG: Bruce Brown

Obviously I'm biased as a UK fan lol but I think it would be cool to see us take a shot on Diallo. He might be even more athletic that Oladipo. He can seriously jump through the roof. Would definitely be a project/work in progress type of player though. But hell most 2nd round picks are anyway. 

• Like 1

In a way I am hoping we can just keep everyone from last season and land a gem with the 23rd pick. Maybe Robinson gets Good again as well. Our chemistry this past season was perfect. I am worried Thad is leaving us though and he does alot of the dirty work on the Offensive glass.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Brunson would be a great pick IMO. I love what Collision has done for us but hes getting older. Gotta find a young PG sooner or later. 

Yeah there are very few true pgs in the draft. We would be fortunate to get Brunson that late in the draft...kinda reminds me of Mark Jackson with his post up stuff but clearly a better shooter. Yeah Diallo is a pure athlete. I’d be all for taking him if his defense was focused but I don’t know if he pouts or what but a freak athlete like that who takes plays off on defense too much...can’t figure him out. Develop a corner 3 and d he would be a nice find. I think he will probably go before our 2nd pick though.

• Like 1

doubt leonard would ever sign here, i wouldnt trade for him 

I'd be all for adding Marcus Smart but I have to admit that I was surprised to see the Pacers are rumored to have interest in Marcus Smart. He isn't the type of player I envision them going after.

not really who I would like to see us get we need to see if we can trade with boston for some of those young studs they have too many to play when everyone is healthy 

On 6/16/2018 at 11:08 AM, aaron11 said:

now im hoping lebron and paul do go to la.  id enjoy watching the warriors beat them both out there, and it gets them out of the east 

how would lebron, paul and kawhi fit on the same team if they are all small forwards? hard to see james being a full time point guard 

,,and harder to see Lonzo's dad being Ok with it..

Good point

On 6/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, ar7 said:

I'd be all for adding Marcus Smart but I have to admit that I was surprised to see the Pacers are rumored to have interest in Marcus Smart. He isn't the type of player I envision them going after.

Marcus Smart wouild help us defensively.....we need to go 3-guard most of the time.

He's 24 with a ton of experience...

Not a good shooter but you cant find hustle like he has in the draft

Keita Bates Diop.....Big-10 Player of the Year...

22 years old...(not 19) ..  not a great shooter but not bad

Solid all-around player...very smooth....long arms ...very good defender.

How about this guy?

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Keita Bates Diop.....Big-10 Player of the Year...

22 years old...(not 19) ..  not a great shooter but not bad

Solid all-around player...very smooth....long arms ...very good defender.

How about this guy?

He seems like he has the skills to be a good fit on this team. I think he can bring a lot of what Thad Young brings. Not sure if Bates-Diop can be a starter like Thad though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ar7 said:

He seems like he has the skills to be a good fit on this team. I think he can bring a lot of what Thad Young brings. Not sure if Bates-Diop can be a starter like Thad though.

True...but we need versatile forwards who can switch on defense..

....In the best case..we have them both!

46 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True...but we need versatile forwards who can switch on defense..

....In the best case..we have them both!

What do you think about Musa? The guy I'd like to be there at 23 is Hutichson from Boise St. We have had pretty good results drafting wings from the Mountain West in the past(PG & Granger).  I like the kid from Creighton too. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man has his value fallin!

I think the trade is weird because Howard actually had a pretty good year last year. Not sure what the thinking was on that one.

• Like 1

Thad Young

@yungsmoove21

Clearly everyone missed my point in my last tweet.... Every NBA player wants long term deals and more years in places they like ....

I would not mind if Pacers move up tonight. A lot of depth in this draft.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think the trade is weird because Howard actually had a pretty good year last year. Not sure what the thinking was on that one.

Apparently he is a locker room cancer and Jordan didn’t want to pay the luxury tax repeat offender fee. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MTC said:

I would not mind if Pacers move up tonight. A lot of depth in this draft.

When is the last time the Pacers traded up to draft somebody?

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

In 2-3 years Ayton/Booker will be one of the best tandems in the NBA.

Ayton does have a little Hakeem in him...but I worry about bigs it just seems like they always have knee and foot injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I honestly have no idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Johnathon Bender?? Heard we had interest in Divenchenzo might try to get into the mid to late teens to get him.

• Like 1

Hawks trading down for Trae Young is a move where you fire your GM.

7 minutes ago, MTC said:

Hawks trading down for Trae Young is a move where you fire your GM.

And gave up Luka Doncic....they will regret this. They think Young is Curry....I don’t think so. Only thing can save that trade is the future first.

• Thanks 1