Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Podcast: Two Random NFL fans Discuss Colts Free Agency Moves

Coltsman1788

These random fans have an NFL Podcast on Youtube and offer their thoughts and opinions on all teams around the league. Here they express some strong views on our Colts offseason moves.  Colts fans have gone back and forth with each other debating Ballard’s free agent approach for awhile now.  So I think it’s interesting to hear some outsiders’ views on some of the same issues that fans here are discussing.  Do you disagree or agree with their opinion? 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

These two guys don't have a clue. One is rocking so much when he is talking it's obvious he is on some kind of drugs. Then it turns into a bash Irsay segment.

My only question is why even post this in a Colts forum?

I agree that they have a disrespectful and inaccurate view of Irsay. I didn’t agree with their characterization of him as a meddling owner barging into the draft room etc.  Now I do believe Irsay does have his issues but not to the extent that they were portraying. 

I didn’t think they were off in their perception of our roster and overall lack of talent right now.  The Ebron and Grant signings might appease some here but these guys are nothing more then roster fillers and temporary stop gaps in my opinion.  Nothing much to get excited about. 

They liked Hooker and T.Y.  They also loved the trade Ballard pulled off with the Jets. So it wasn’t all negative if one could stomach them enough to make it through the video. 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I agree that they have a disrespectful and inaccurate view of Irsay. I didn’t agree with their characterization of him as a meddling owner barging into the draft room etc.  Now I do believe Irsay does have his issues but not to the extent that they were portraying. 

I didn’t think they were off in their perception of our roster and overall lack of talent right now.  The Ebron and Grant signings might appease some here but these guys are nothing more then roster fillers and temporary stop gaps in my opinion.  Nothing much to get excited about. 

They liked Hooker and T.Y.  They also loved the trade Ballard pulled off with the Jets. So it wasn’t all negative if one could stomach them enough to make it through the video. 

Definitely disrespectful, not sure how inaccurate their veiw is on Irsay. Regardless, thats how he's veiwed outside of Indy.

They were pretty much on point regarding the lack of talent we have and colts not going in right direction. It was funny how thwy said we should sign Hurns BUT we probably won't because that would make us better, lol.

I kinda disagree with them about Ebron and more importantly Reich. I think Ebron will be a PLAYMAKER and Reich will be a good HC.....or maybe I think that cause of me being the optimist I am.

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

These random fans have an NFL Podcast on Youtube and offer their thoughts and opinions on all teams around the league. Here they express some strong views on our Colts offseason moves.  Colts fans have gone back and forth with each other debating Ballard’s free agent approach for awhile now.  So I think it’s interesting to hear some outsiders’ views on some of the same issues that fans here are discussing.  Do you disagree or agree with their opinion? 

i knew it!! i knew it all along There is a Troll Networkhaha But seriously who cares what outsiders think of our team or any other team for that matter. Because at the end of the day when your respected team is holding the Lombardi Trophy would you care what outsiders say then Nope!!!

The internet has allowed Andy Warhols saying to be realized.  Everyone is trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. You dont need training in broadcasting or be a working scout, people can just start a podcast and say whatever they want.  It's usually very biased and unprofessional.  Wait a second...breaking g news.....ESPN just hired them.  Never mind the rant. 

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I wish I had my 17 minutes back. It was a total waist if my time.

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

So these are 2 random fans, who, instead of writing some random comments on a blog, made a video of themselves saying random things. Fine. I give them a thumbs up because they were not drunk or high. That's a positive these days, isn't it?

The fact that they weren't drunk or high makes it worse. At least if they were drunk or high they would have some excuse for being bumbling fools.  

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Definitely disrespectful, not sure how inaccurate their veiw is on Irsay. Regardless, thats how he's veiwed outside of Indy.

They were pretty much on point regarding the lack of talent we have and colts not going in right direction. It was funny how thwy said we should sign Hurns BUT we probably won't because that would make us better, lol.

I kinda disagree with them about Ebron and more importantly Reich. I think Ebron will be a PLAYMAKER and Reich will be a good HC.....or maybe I think that cause of me being the optimist I am.

Yeah I didn’t agree with their take on  Reich either.  I like the hire especially given the circumstances.  

I also think it’s too early to say the Colts are going in the wrong direction.  I think Ballard has a plan and is executing it. I may not agree with every decision he has made thus far but I think he is on the right track overall with trying to build primarily through the draft.  With that approach, he really needs to hit on 4 to 5 picks. Just wish we were spending what little money we have thus far on better talent.     

Ebron has potential but his hands and blocking are a concern. 

Thanks for your post LPB. 

3 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i knew it!! i knew it all along There is a Troll Networkhaha But seriously who cares what outsiders think of our team or any other team for that matter. Because at the end of the day when your respected team is holding the Lombardi Trophy would you care what outsiders say then Nope!!!

Meh...I have thick skin and am pretty good at spitting out the bones and taking the meat.  I find outside fan views interesting whether or not I agree entirely with the take.   Conversing with fans of other teams makes for some barbershop fun. 

That said these guys in the video sometimes rub me the wrong way when they talk about the Colts so I just wanted to see others’ reactions.  It’s not that I think they are wrong about all of their points on the Colts as much as how it is presented in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

These two guys don't have a clue. One is rocking so much when he is talking it's obvious he is on some kind of drugs. Then it turns into a bash Irsay segment.

Or, he needs drugs.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

They are talking about the Colts.    Seems like a good place to put it.

These guys are real bad at doing any podcast.   They are wearing old t-shirts.   They have clutter in the background.   The one has bright lights behind him.   They won't stop rocking.   Really not watchable.  

I couldn't listen to it all, so I don't know if I agree or disagree with them   I probably fall in between.  

8 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Pop off when Grant and Ebron are Pro Bowl alternates...

Don’t understand the hate for the Reich hiring or Ebron. The Irsay hate is the same crap that even some Colts fans spout off. I’m going to give it a 1/10, because I listened to one minute of it and that’s all I could bear. 

“this is one of the worst signings I’ve ever seen.” OHHHH REALLY? K jokester.

As with all crap that is on the internet and tv today......I blame the Kardassians. Anyways, this is what you get when you just let the media spoon feed you information and you rinse and repeat. Guys have done no homework and shared nothing intelligent at all with the world. This is the problem with the media/news these days. People believe what they hear and take it as truth and then go around repeating and living by it without ever doing any fact checking of their own etc. It's just LAZY. In a world with almost endless amounts of information at your finger tips you don't think you can research what is being spewed out and form an original thought or come to more objective analysis. It's sad....and stuff like this only helps continue the dumb narratives out there. Everyone is dumber for having listened to them. Congrats! I'm sure Mike Wells and some others liked it though. These guys probably follow him on twitter lol. 

2 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

This line made me think of this. Hahaha

I don't even have to watch that to know what it is lol...Billy Madison lol....my favorite part was when he went to his teachers house and was talking to the Pengiun lol. Dumb movie but good for a laugh!

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Pop off when Grant and Ebron are Pro Bowl alternates...

I hope you’re right actually. Not holding my breath although I think Grant with a healthy Luck has a better shot than Ebron. At least he runs solid routes and has good hands.