Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friend of mine who's a Bears fan suggested maybe the Colts have deals in place with some FA's but don't want anyone to say anything until they are actually inked because they are afraid the Josh McDaniels situation could happen again and they don't want to be embarrassed like that again.

I'm hoping that's what it is.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Possible, but agents of the players like to leak the information to a name, unless Ballard asked them to keep quiet. A lot of names we thought could’ve come here have signed elsewhere, so to me this is unlikely. 

We are likely not signing anyone worth a crap.

This was my thinking even before the tampering period.'

if anyone remembers, Ballard kept things quiet last year too.

why show your cards to the rest of the league?

but yes, it is in the player's and agent's interest to get the word out.... even if the interest is imaginary.

but by now, we all should realize Ballard likes to keep things in-house... which is fine with me.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We are likely not signing anyone worth a crap.

Why bother being a fan with this attitude?

Feels like you're torturing yourself and wasting your time....    I hope you find a way to start enjoying your favorite team.

By the way...    you're wrong about who we will sign.   Trust Ballard.

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Friend of mine who's a Bears fan suggested maybe the Colts have deals in place with some FA's but don't want anyone to say anything until they are actually inked because they are afraid the Josh McDaniels situation could happen again and they don't want to be embarrassed like that again.

That is not it.

Honestly, so far I can name only one guy - Nigel Bradham - who I feel sorry the Colts missed on. All those other popular names on this board, Hitchens (9M/year), A-Rob (14M/year), Watkins (16M/year), Norwell (13.5M/year), Landry (3 round + franchise tag + who knows how much) are just insane contracts. Norwell is the only guy I see might live up to his deal, but still.... how much did he help the Panthers last year playing at all-pro level? It's very important to improve the oline, but this is not the way. Find good, serviceable players for half this price, find also depth behind them, and then COACH them up.

(Nigel Bradham does worth 5 years 40 mill though. He is not underrated, because he is known to be good, but some people might be surprised by that 8mills. I am not. Imo, he is one of the finest coverage LB's in the league, and he can tackle too.)

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Let’s just hope this it the case and CB is timid after the JMD thing.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why bother being a fan with this attitude?

Feels like you're torturing yourself and wasting your time....    I hope you find a way to start enjoying your favorite team.

By the way...    you're wrong about who we will sign.   Trust Ballard.

I will when they stop signing bums and actually turn this team to where its not an embarrassment on the field anymore the last two plus years have been just pathetic.

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

Honestly, so far I can name only one guy - Nigel Bradham - who I feel sorry the Colts missed on. All those other popular names on this board, Hitchens (9M/year), A-Rob (14M/year), Watkins (16M/year), Norwell (13.5M/year), Landry (3 round + franchise tag + who knows how much) are just insane contracts. Norwell is the only guy I see might live up to his deal, but still.... how much did he help the Panthers last year playing at all-pro level? It's very important to improve the oline, but this is not the way. Find good, serviceable players for half this price, find also depth behind them, and then COACH them up.

(Nigel Bradham does worth 5 years 40 mill though. He is not underrated, because he is known to be good, but some people might be surprised by that 8mills. I am not. Imo, he is one of the finest coverage LB's in the league, and he can tackle too.)

You have been on point today. Well spoken and clear.