Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Combine - DL/LB Testing

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, stitches said:

I still want to see his agility/change of direction  and explosiveness tests. 

Yes....    very important...    while Bosa didn't test great in the 40, he was top-10 in all the change of direction cone testing drills...   elite...   Chubb needs to nail those too...

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches Who is Rasheem Green and how do you think he is doing? I noticed he did not do the bench press but his other numbers look impressive (I think). 

He's a guy that would've most likely been a top 10 pick next year if he went back to school. He's got a lot of upside, but definitely needs to get stronger to hold up in the run game. He also needs refinement in his technique. He won't start immediately. He's a guy that you take based on his upside and what you think he could become in a few years.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

He's a guy that would've most likely been a top 10 pick next year if he went back to school. He's got a lot of upside, but definitely needs to get stronger to hold up in the run game. He also needs refinement in his technique. He won't start immediately. He's a guy that you take based on his upside and what you think he could become in a few years.

What position do you see him being in the league? 3tech? 

Green is a young DL from USC...

He's well thought of....    likely 2nd rounder.

Note of Caution:   Did see a quick mention on NFL.com weeks ago saying Green is the type of kid who will need a full season to figure things out.    Long-ter,  scouts thought he'd be very good...   but don't expect much from Green his rookie season.

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

40 times are important, but it's not the end all be all. Bosa had a terrible 40 and everyone said he would bust because of that. We all know how that turned out. 

I want to see how Chubb tests on the other tests.

His 10 yard split is more exciting for me. You are right about the 40. It's not the be all... 

11 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

40 times are important, but it's not the end all be all. Bosa had a terrible 40 and everyone said he would bust because of that. We all know how that turned out. 

I want to see how Chubb tests on the other tests.

Anyone that used Bosa's 40 time as a reason he'd be a bust is ignorant anyhow.

I'm excited to see how Chubb does on the 3-cone.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they are showing a Rocky marathon on TMC, probably the most impressive thing Rocky ever did was catching that silly chicken, that tops beating Creed and Clubber lmao 

Mr T should have won the oscar.  Still hilarious 

9 minutes ago, Shive said:

Anyone that used Bosa's 40 time as a reason he'd be a bust is ignorant anyhow.

I'm excited to see how Chubb does on the 3-cone.

Is the 3 cone more of an indicator than broad jump/vertical/etc? Seems like the 3 cone could be kind of overkill of a defensive lineman.

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

Chubb looked very good in drills. Quick feet and power during the push and shed drill (with the 3 bags and 3 pads on the ground). One of the few who did it to show power, not just get through the drill quickly. 

Chubb looked like Clubber Lang as he was growling hitting the bags!

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches Who is Rasheem Green and how do you think he is doing? I noticed he did not do the bench press but his other numbers look impressive (I think). 

Looks like he just solidified himself as a 2nd round pick...especially if Hurst can't get cleared.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Is the 3 cone more of an indicator than broad jump/vertical/etc? Seems like the 3 cone could be kind of overkill of a defensive lineman.

Broad jump and vertical are typically indicators of explosiveness. 3 cone generally gives you a better idea of their hip flexibility and ability to bend around the edge. Guys with stiff hips may be able to run fast in a straight line, but for a pass rusher, the ability to efficiently use that speed while turning a corner is much more important.

Just now, Shive said:

Broad jump and vertical are typically indicators of explosiveness. 3 cone generally gives you a better idea of their hip flexibility and ability to bend around the edge. Guys with stiff hips may be able to run fast in a straight line, but for a pass rusher, the ability to efficiently use that speed while turning a corner is much more important.

I get that part of it,  just seems like they should have a 1 cone drill for these big guys lol.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

OMG! Lorenzo Carter! First rounder!!! 4.46 at 6'6" 250lbs WOW!

I was just about to post that. Carter is a guy that was a top recruit out of HS, is an amazing athlete, but hasn't been able to fully put it together on the field.