Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Not Going To The Redskins

chad72

The only way he would go to the Redskins is if they are the only ones offering him a contract.

He will not want to put his family at least 2 Manning bowls a year. Yes, Snyder over pays, they have a coach Manning respects, and they do not have a professional quarterback on the roster, but all that aside, I simply do not see him going to Washington due to the Giants/Redskins both being in the NFC East.

I doubt Peyton would be willing to go to the same division that his little Brother plays in. Same town? Now that is a different story. But knowing his character, I don't think there is enough money to get him to the NFC East. IMO

I doubt Peyton would be willing to go to the same division that his little Brother plays in. Same town? Now that is a different story. But knowing his character, I don't think there is enough money to get him to the NFC East. IMO

AGREED

The only thing that McNabb and Peyton have in common is age.. Peyton has always been head and shoulders better than him

McNabb and Manning also share one other thing alike.

They both started with a team that built their offense around them.

Then, when the Eagles cut McNabb, and McNabb went to the Redskins, he faced a tough transition into an offense that wasn't built for him.

I expect Manning will have similar difficulties in a similar transition.

The fact that McNabb extrapolates the Redskins not changing their offense for him to Peyton, for some reason, seems a little amusing to me :).

I heard him say that this morning on Mike and Mike and that was the same take I had. McNabb putting himself in Manning's category was hysterical.

For reasons that others have said on here, I can't see the Skins as where he ends up.

But McNabb saying they did not change the offense for me so why would they do it for Peyto is solid gold.

I heard him say that this morning on Mike and Mike and that was the same take I had. McNabb putting himself in Manning's category was hysterical.

For reasons that others have said on here, I can't see the Skins as where he ends up.

But McNabb saying they did not change the offense for me so why would they do it for Peyto is solid gold.

Why would they need to change the offense for Mcnabb. Shanahan and Reid are both born from the Walsh/WCO tree. various branches, and have slightly different hybrid systems, but Mcnabb can't be dumb enough to know that they weren't running the same basic offense with some various tweaks added over the years by Shanahan.

Mcnabb has always tried to put himself in the same classification as Manning and he comes off pretty dang ignorant by doing it.

Why would they need to change the offense for Mcnabb. Shanahan and Reid are both born from the Walsh/WCO tree. various branches, and have slightly different hybrid systems, but Mcnabb can't be dumb enough to know that they weren't running the same basic offense with some various tweaks added over the years by Shanahan.

Mcnabb has always tried to put himself in the same classification as Manning and he comes off pretty dang ignorant by doing it.

McNAbb didnt know there was only one overtime in the regular season.. Never struck me as the brightest guy..

No idea why he would say that. But it is McNabb so maybe nothing more needs be said.

I dont think he goes to the Redskins......does any one remember the news snippet he had the last time we played the Giants here? He said its the worst week of his life when he goes against and Eli led squad or something to that effect. I don't think he would like that twice a year........

Yeah it's going to make me sick to see what St. Louis rakes in for that pick.

In the end, the Rams may look back on this and wish they would have drafted RGIII, if he turns into a superstar, and Bradford doesn't amount to jack squat.

Time will tell.

In the end, the Rams may look back on this and wish they would have drafted RGIII, if he turns into a superstar, and Bradford doesn't amount to jack squat.

Time will tell.

I'm not looking at it from the Rams perspective. Bradford won't amount to much. Just looking at it as a minimum of what we will lose out on. Adding Peyton Manning to that equation and it is quite sad.

The only team I can see Peyton with, is the Colts. I think he will change his contract and be back. ESPN is blowing everything out of sorts. Its kind of ridiculous of how bad their doing it.

Agreed. How many people do they keep on the edge of their seat by saying he may be coming to your team...he fits the Colts already and would have a hard time fitting into any other teams.

That said imagine this...he signs with Houston...do I need to say anymore? He would beat our butt for the next 3 or 4 years with AJ and their running game and likely have a shot at multiple Super Bowls. Man I don't think Irsay could bear that...which I think is the only thing Peyton has going for him to help him come back to the team. Irsay really wishes he would retire.