Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck/newton Combine #s

likm

I've always thought the pundits underrated Luck's athleticism. He doesn't need to be Micheal Vick....he just needs to be able to avoid the pass rush. I personally don't want him playing a ton out of the pocket. It will be nice to have a QB who can roll out or bootleg to mix it up.

For Luck even be in Cam's ballpark on the combine drills is mind blowing. Very impressive because his knowledge of the game and his passing will blow Cam away down the road. Luck has MORE upside than Peyton when he first came out but we'll see how that pans out down the road. I don't want to jinx him or anything. LOL

40 yrd: Newton 4.59, Luck 4.67 (unofficially 4.59)

Broad: Newton 10'6", Luck 10'4"

Vertical: Newton 35", Luck 36"

3 cone: Newton 6.92, Luck 6.80

20 yrd shuffle: Newton 4.18, Luck 4.28

So pretty much on the same level as Newton athletically... and people genuinely claim athleticism is a weakness for him, are they crazy?

For Luck even be in Cam's ballpark on the combine drills is mind blowing. Very impressive because his knowledge of the game and his passing will blow Cam away down the road. Luck has MORE upside than Peyton when he first came out but we'll see how that pans out down the road. I don't want to jinx him or anything. LOL

This kid is becoming more and more exciting. I cant believe he has the athleticism of a Cam and the brain of a Stanford grad. We are fortunate.

There were several guys with better numbers then Griffins..........does not mean there better QB's then Griffin.

Well last year Cam's numbers didn't sway anyone from thinking he was far from being competitive in the pro's. So since the name has changed it makes them better? I don't get what is so special he posted the same numbers as Newton? Or why it is a "Wow?"

Weren't Griffin's numbers better?

http://bleacherrepor...ut-of-no-1-spot

40 yd dash official times: RG3 = 4.41 Luck = 4.67

Vertical leap: RG3 = 39" Luck = 36"

Broad Jump : RG3 = 10'0" Luck = 10'4"

Elusiveness tests:

3 Cone drill: RG3 placed out of the top 10. Luck placed in the top 5

20 yd shuttle" RG3 placed out of the top 10. Luck placed in the top 5.

Well last year Cam's numbers didn't sway anyone from thinking he was far from being competitive in the pro's. So since the name has changed it makes them better? I don't get what is so special he posted the same numbers as Newton? Or why it is a "Wow?"

Well if you would understand most believe Luck was not a very good athelete but Cam was an incredible athelete. The "wow" factor is that Luck is not only an intelligent QB but a very atheletic intelligent QB.

Does anyone think RGIII gained a ton of respect and admiration through this combine (the on-going combine in Indy), I for one think he has amassed huge kudos from Colts staffers and throughout the league. He's also faster than lightning.....does anyone know how he compares to Michael Vick's combine numbers???

40 yrd: Newton 4.59, Luck 4.67 (unofficially 4.59)

Broad: Newton 10'6", Luck 10'4"

Vertical: Newton 35", Luck 36"

3 cone: Newton 6.92, Luck 6.80

20 yrd shuffle: Newton 4.18, Luck 4.28

So pretty much on the same level as Newton athletically... and people genuinely claim athleticism is a weakness for him, are they crazy?

Yes, apparently they are crazy.

Does anyone think RGIII gained a ton of respect and admiration through this combine (the on-going combine in Indy), I for one think he has amassed huge kudos from Colts staffers and throughout the league. He's also faster than lightning.....does anyone know how he compares to Michael Vick's combine numbers???

Chris,

This is a message to you and all others who are oblivious to what is going on and what is about to happen. The Colts will draft Andrew Luck and not RG3.............also Manning will not take another snap as a Colt.

None of you would make it a day on a job with me. Wake Up!!