Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday On Nfl Network

supremecoltsfan300

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good news. Irsay is not going to let Peyton go and make some other team SB contenders. I think Saturday is just making it clear to irsay, fans, and everyone that Peyton Manning is playing and any team that passes on him is crazy. no, they should not pay him 28 mil and thats fine. irsay knows he is keeping peyton for awhile so let him throw and rehab wherever is best for him

But, it sounds like if they cleared him, he couldn't have contact with trainers or the bosses until the first week of April

Again, that's up to interpretation. I posted this earlier, but here's language from the CBA:

"Nothing herein shall prevent a Club from permitting an individual player to work out on his own prior to the commencement of the Club’s official offseason workout program using the Club facilities if the player wishes to do so.."

Again, that's up to interpretation. I posted this earlier, but here's language from the CBA:

"Nothing herein shall prevent a Club from permitting an individual player to work out on his own prior to the commencement of the Club’s official offseason workout program using the Club facilities if the player wishes to do so.."

Then what is the language that Mike Chappell is using to base his statement that Pagano and Grigson cannot have access to Manning?

Then what is the language that Mike Chappell is using to base his statement that Pagano and Grigson cannot have access to Manning?

Not sure. I didn't see the original statement by Chappell (or was it Kravitz) and what they were referencing.

Here's a link to the CBA. If someone can find that specific language, please let us know.

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

Saturday was very good on NFLN today and indicated he is planning on playing. All the guys in the booth ended up agreeing there's no reason for Peyton to throw for the Colts until the last minute, and Saturday basically said forget about it, in regards to some sort of pro day type thing for Manning with other teams. Totally my opinion but, I think Saturday is expecting Manning to remain with the Colts, and that he (Saturday) is not a sure thing to be resigned, but wants to be because he either knows or expects Peyton to be back with the Colts.

another thing that caught my attention..w.as that mayock said that he saw Castonzo more of a RT and Ijalana more of a Lt...

Saturday agreed. he said castonzo is a little more stiff, like a RT and that Ijalana can sometimes be moved to this awkward positions but that he does something athletic to regain his ground and not lose. he agreed that that might be a consideration for next year... ijalana at LT and castonzo at RT.

Meh, whatever. The majority of you guys only hear what you want to hear in regards to Manning.

He isn't coming back, hang onto whatever formalitys in the CBA or anything that allows you some shrivels of hope while you can I guess. You guys are unreal.

All I've heard is most likely he is done as a Colt from everyone outside of Colts fans. Even the team writers have said it since the national media is 'nuts' and just making stuff up. Even Chappelle said it yesterday. But go ahead and think what u want

Sure and they might be the best fit but the Colts are taking Andrew Luck; to keep Manning one more year doesn't mean it's a great fit for him. They're not sitting Luck two more years. I don't get how anyone who follows the game of football thinks a team can co-exist with Luck and Manning on the same team. It simply will not happen and the Colts are taking Luck. So it's time for some to start accepting reality.

Won't be any easier for the organization to release manning or let him go elsewhere a year from now after he has thrown for 4,000 yards than it is right now. It makes zero sense to bring him back when they're taking Luck #1 overall.

Sure and they might be the best fit but the Colts are taking Andrew Luck; to keep Manning one more year doesn't mean it's a great fit for him. They're not sitting Luck two more years. I don't get how anyone who follows the game of football thinks a team can co-exist with Luck and Manning on the same team. It simply will not happen and the Colts are taking Luck. So it's time for some to start accepting reality.

Won't be any easier for the organization to release manning or let him go elsewhere a year from now after he has thrown for 4,000 yards than it is right now. It makes zero sense to bring him back when they're taking Luck #1 overall.

You're wasting your time trying to convince some people that Manning won't be back as a Colt. It's like you said in a earlier post, these people hear what they want to hear and all logic escapes their thinking. IMO there is about only a 1% chance that Manning will be back and the only reason I give it that much is because im afraid Irsay will let emotion play a part in his thinking and that would be a huge mistake IMO. Its not that im a Manning hater like some will claim, its that I really don't think it makes even the slightest bit of sense to bring him back at this point, either for Manning or the Colts.

You're wasting your time trying to convince some people that Manning won't be back as a Colt.

Why does anybody need to convince anybody of anything? At this point I am just waiting to see what happens. I am not assuming that Manning will be with the Colts next season, but I am also not assuming that it is a foregone conclusion that he is gone. It will not be long now before a decision will have to be made and there will be no more speculation.

another thing that caught my attention..w.as that mayock said that he saw Castonzo more of a RT and Ijalana more of a Lt...

Saturday agreed. he said castonzo is a little more stiff, like a RT and that Ijalana can sometimes be moved to this awkward positions but that he does something athletic to regain his ground and not lose. he agreed that that might be a consideration for next year... ijalana at LT and castonzo at RT.

Yeah, I heard the same thing too and wondered about it. We will find out how it plays out.

Linkenbach is backup RT and LT, and hope it stays that way :).

I think I am in the majority in saying thank goodness for this

Meh, I don't really care. I mean, I am interested to see what ultimately happens, but people can speculate all they want until a final decision is made for all I care. I don't have to read any of it. And making a decision now is not going to make football start any sooner, so what difference does it make if I know now or a week before training camp?

Meh, I don't really care. I mean, I am interested to see what ultimately happens, but people can speculate all they want until a final decision is made for all I care. I don't have to read any of it. And making a decision now is not going to make football start any sooner, so what difference does it make if I know now or a week before training camp?

For me its putting this behind us and building a new era around a new guy. It's exciting for me

I tried to tell people on here that Castonzo was a right tackle, and have been called crazy!

I tried to tell people on here that Castonzo was a right tackle, and have been called crazy!

The other aspect of it is that when Castanzo first played in the Senior Bowl, the position where he shone most against the top college pass rushers was also right tackle. We will see how things go. It could also be the fact that Castanzo was thinking more than reacting being his rookie year. I would say he had an average rookie year, not bad by any means but not stellar by any means either.

Ijalana, when he took over for Castanzo at LT in the Bucs game before he got injured, looked comfortable but that is too small of a sample space.

At least we know with the revamping of the coaching house, we will get fresher looks at linemen again and hopefully, the right combo is determined by TC and they stick to it.

Is it just me or did it come off from what he said that the Colts have just given Manning the cold shoulder. They haven't reached out to see him throw Jeff said, he even said that doesn't come off like a team looking to bring him back..

What are you talking about? No

Yeah it was he and Eisen. Saturday's whole persona to me came off like Manning will not be back.

His persona? Did you read his aura or something? What he said is Peyton will be back for 2012 but wasn't specific since he's not writing the contract.

A couple of months ago when I was making the case for Kalil (assuming the healthy return of Manning), I was not shy in saying I thought that Castonzo looked more like a RT to me. I still believe this.

If Jim harbaugh as anywhere near as good as PM I would buy into that. Yes, it was risky to pick Manning over Leaf and then dump the Captain, but lets face it...Harbaugh was decent but not NFL mvp 4 times.

I think Jim would have been way better than he was if he would have had a front line that could have kept him upright and given him a little time to throw instead of having to scramble all over the field on every play. I honestly think that we shortened his playing career by at least a couple of years because of all the punishment he took.

The other aspect of it is that when Castanzo first played in the Senior Bowl, the position where he shone most against the top college pass rushers was also right tackle. We will see how things go. It could also be the fact that Castanzo was thinking more than reacting being his rookie year. I would say he had an average rookie year, not bad by any means but not stellar by any means either.

Ijalana, when he took over for Castanzo at LT in the Bucs game before he got injured, looked comfortable but that is too small of a sample space.

At least we know with the revamping of the coaching house, we will get fresher looks at linemen again and hopefully, the right combo is determined by TC and they stick to it.

I know it's not the popular idea on here, but if the Colts were able to take a competent, and quality LT, and kick Castonzo to RT and Ijalana at LG, that would mean Indy had a good o line. I like Mike Adams if he falls to round two. Or Jeff Allen or Tom Compton later in the draft and a RG after that.

I know it's not the popular idea on here, but if the Colts were able to take a competent, and quality LT, and kick Castonzo to RT and Ijalana at LG, that would mean Indy had a good o line. I like Mike Adams if he falls to round two. Or Jeff Allen or Tom Compton later in the draft and a RG after that.

I do think you need to give Castanzo a second year to see if he makes that second year jump of playing faster. Next, with more defensive needs to fill, IMO, and knowing our first pick will most likely be a QB, there is not much luxury of picks that would make it worthwhile to not give it one more year with the 2 O-line picks of last year to see how things shape out.

OTs that drop are projects anyway. Sebastian Vollmer was picked by the Pats in round 2 and he plays RT more than LT. Tarik Glenn played RT or OG (one of those) his first year before playing LT. Castanzo has been thrown into the fire, much like Ugoh. Maybe Castanzo's progress curve will be the opposite of Ugoh. Ugoh looked better in year 1 and regressed. Maybe it is the other way with Castanzo, still have to give him that second year for the new coaches to figure him and the rest of the O-line out, IMO.

I do think you need to give Castanzo a second year to see if he makes that second year jump of playing faster. Next, with more defensive needs to fill, IMO, and knowing our first pick will most likely be a QB, there is not much luxury of picks that would make it worthwhile to not give it one more year with the 2 O-line picks of last year to see how things shape out.

OTs that drop are projects anyway. Sebastian Vollmer was picked by the Pats in round 2 and he plays RT more than LT. Tarik Glenn played RT or OG (one of those) his first year before playing LT. Castanzo has been thrown into the fire, much like Ugoh. Maybe Castanzo's progress curve will be the opposite of Ugoh. Ugoh looked better in year 1 and regressed. Maybe it is the other way with Castanzo, still have to give him that second year for the new coaches to figure him and the rest of the O-line out, IMO.

Castonzo should play to his strengths, I have preferred him to play RT. Ijalana can play either LT or LG. I like Jeff Allen or Tom Compton as a mid round LT pick, they have serious talent.

NFLN is reporting that the Colts will not get to see Peyton throw due to CBA rules. Would it be a violation for someone not employed by the Colts to see him throw and offer an opinion to the Colts, say Dungy?

Using the 3rd party example, If Irsay/Grigson wanted an opinion of Manning's throwing they would likely contact Duke's head coach who has seen Manning workout and knows a little more about the position than Dungy.

With that said, I don't believe it matters how well Manning throws the ball at this point.

Castonzo should play to his strengths, I have preferred him to play RT. Ijalana can play either LT or LG. I like Jeff Allen or Tom Compton as a mid round LT pick, they have serious talent.
I'm sure if he is a better RT than LT, that's where he would have played......well unless our coaches last season really were so bad to have missed such an obvious skill-set....