Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard to be on 1070 with DAKICH @ 1pm EST/ Right Now (Merge)

csmopar

Heres why we want to talk about the rooster and Grigs

2013 Draft
1.A guy who isn't on the team
2.A guy who isn't on the team
3. A guy who isn't on the team
4. A guy who isn't on the team
5. A guy who isn't on the team
6. A guy who isn't on the team
7. A guy who isn't on the team

2014 Draft 
1. Trent Richardson
2. Our best O-Lineman
3. An adequate receiver

2015 Draft
1. A guy who isn't on the team
2. A guy who isn't on the team
3. A guy with no knees
4. A guy with no head
8. A guy who isn't on the team

2016 draft
1. Sweet jesus a center
2. A guy who shouldn't be on the team
3. Perpetually AWOL
4. Supposedly a defensive lineman. 
5. A Florida Gator who plays defense
6. Joe Reitz 2.0

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So from 2001 to 2010, Bill Polian was mostly deserving of the credit.  Not Dungy or Manning.

Especially as it relates to team performance, strategy, execution, and team leadership...which is what Dakich's criticisms of the Colts are usually about.  

Maybe by not blaming everything on the roster/GM, it gets him in trouble with the fan base.

I spent years saying Polian didn’t get enough credit when he was here and I think Grigson gets too much blame.  It takes the right mix.  The Colts were lucky to have a Hall of Fame GM, QB, and head coach which lead to the Golden age of Colts football IMO.  We might never see that again.  That’s hard to get.

15 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Heres why we want to talk about the rooster and Grigs

2013 Draft
1.A guy who isn't on the team
2.A guy who isn't on the team
3. A guy who isn't on the team

2014 Draft 
1. Trent Richardson
2. Our best O-Lineman
3. An adequate receiver

2015 Draft
1. A guy who isn't on the team
2. A guy who isn't on the team
3. A guy with no knees
4. A guy with no head

2016 draft
1. Sweet jesus a center
2. A guy who shouldn't be on the team
3. Perpetually AWOL
4. Supposedly a defensive lineman. 
5. A Florida Gator who plays defense
6. Joe Reitz 2.0

In every thread?

Its like people have to stay within an echo chamber to validate their opinions and if they don't  read what they need to read every few days, they write it themselves.

So the lack of team performance and team leadership is the fault of the roster.  Which means Dungy and Manning get no credit for it in the past, it was all Polian.

Well.  Back on topic.  I think Dakich talks about sports from the angle of an ex-player ex-coach, so roster building/fantasy football stuff isn't that interesting to him.  Nor does he think it dominates why teams win and lose.  I think he figures the talent level on every professional roster is fairly equal, and its the coaching and the players' own development that puts teams over the top.

BTW, does NE win because of a better roster/better GM, or better coaching and player leadership?

Just checking.  

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I spent years saying Polian didn’t get enough credit when he was here and I think Grigson gets too much blame.  It takes the right mix.  The Colts were lucky to have a Hall of Fame GM, QB, and head coach which lead to the Golden age of Colts football IMO.  We might never see that again.  That’s hard to get.

If you had contact with Grigson or knew anyone that did you may feel different. He was a very narcissistic person and very hard guy to like. If he was successfully people would cut him a break or two.

6 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

If you had contact with Grigson or knew anyone that did you may feel different. He was a very narcissistic person and very hard guy to like. If he was successfully people would cut him a break or two.

What I mean by that people act like he was the only thing wrong with the Colts.  If that was the case people wouldn’t want Pagano fired now.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

What I mean by that people act like he was the only thing wrong with the Colts.  If that was the case people wouldn’t want Pagano fired now.

How the team executed has always been an issue ever since Arians left.  And the QB never protected himself by throwing passes like Hassebeck would...even for one half of one game in 5 years it was never the plan.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

How the team executed has always been an issue ever since Arians left.  And the QB never protected himself by throwing passes like Hassebeck would...even for one half of one game in 5 years it was never the plan.

Frankly Arians was part of the problem too.  His offense was built around big plays down the field that exposed the QB to big hits.  There is a reason why Palmer has gotten so beat up and Big Ben took so many hits when he was in Pittsburgh.

With that said I’ve said for years Luck holds the ball too long.  Rather that’s coaching or Luck being stubborn or probably a bit of both we don’t know.  

Again, this team has many problems beyond just Grigson.  He was one for sure but it wasn’t a  case of just getting ride of him and all the problems went away like some act like.  That was my point by saying Grigson got too much of the blame.  He was problem no question however he was far from the only problem the Colts has and this season is showing that.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Frankly Arians was part of the problem too.  His offense was built around big plays down the field that exposed the QB to big hits.  There is a reason why Palmer has gotten so beat up and Big Ben took so many hits when he was in Pittsburgh.

With that said I’ve said for years Luck holds the ball too long.  Rather that’s coaching or Luck being stubborn or probably a bit of both we don’t know.  

Again, this team has many problems beyond just Grigson.  He was one for sure but it wasn’t a  case of just getting ride of him and all the problems went away like some act like.  That was my point by saying Grigson got too much of the blame.  He was problem no question however he was far from the only problem the Colts has and this season is showing that.

I think Dakich has been saying the same thing for years.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Oh, I think there was plenty of blame to go around. Irsay hired both who were really unknown at the time and let them squabble far too long. It had been reported that Grigson hired the 1st set of Pagano's assistant (don't know if I believe it) but last year Pagano had a chance to hire a number of his own and it was a disaster, particularly a DC who never held that position even in high school to my knowledge and it has really come back to haunt him. Plus his game management has been horrible. So yes there was a lot wrong that wasn't entirely on Grigson but his personality did him in quickly.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think Dakich has been saying the same thing for years.

Dakich has been spewing a lot of crap for years. He has been blaming the QB for holding onto the ball to long and Venturi put him in his place the other day and pointed out that it is mostly scheme. Superman has been saying this till he is blue in the face. If the play is a seven step drop on a long post or whatever the QB better have some protection. None of the QBs have had it. Hasslback got pounded badly when he was here but they did  come up with a few quick passes. Dakich is too busy calling people liars to have time to look at film to see what is really going on.

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Dakich has been spewing a lot of crap for years. He has been blaming the QB for holding onto the ball to long and Venturi put him in his place the other day and pointed out that it is mostly scheme. Superman has been saying this till he is blue in the face. If the play is a seven step drop on a long post or whatever the QB better have some protection. None of the QBs have had it. Hasslback got pounded badly when he was here but they did  come up with a few quick passes. Dakich is too busy calling people liars to have time to look at film to see what is really going on.

Right.  Coaching and QB play account for holding the ball too long.  Coaches and QB played differently with Hasselbeck.  He didnt get pounded until defenses figured out he wouldn't/couldn't throw long.   Grigson was the GM in those cases, so its not his fault when the QB holds the ball too long, takes hits, and gets injured.  Its on the coaches and the QBs.

26 minutes ago, stitches said:

Great interview.  It sounded like two guys having a good time jousting with one another in a direct, manly way.  I was a little disappointed in Ballard for getting caught in misstatements or flat out lies.

Ballard is probably lying about VD and Wilson and their injuries.

Everybody on this forum knew VD was struggling with a groin issue, but Ballard pretends he thought he was healthy. 

Then, even though Wilson was listed as a healthy scratch, he says that was not really true since he always had the knee issue.

I can't decide whether Ballard sounds like an 80 year old man on the phone or Bill Clinton.

As for the interview, I was ok with it.  Yes DD is a loudmouth, but I don't think he is a guy that people hate because of it.  At least I don't.  I respect him for asking some real questions.   Ballard was a real pro in how he handled it as well.  But I do think he lied about some things.  And that is not good.  So much better to be upfront and honest then to lie and create mistrust. 

I wish DD had asked him about the Colts medical staff and the plethora of injuries the Colts have suffered the past 10 years compared to other teams, and why so many injuries end up in so much drama.

I was really struck by what he said about S Morris.  For him or anyone to say that Tolzein looked better than Morris is either an outright lie....or incompetence.

With Luck, who really knows what is going in.  I tend to think Luck is getting fed up with everything, and I believe what was said about that text.  

Bottom line is the Colts need to bring in either one of 2 types of coach.  A proven builder like a Harbaugh, or a young innovative offensive minded coach to hopefully help Luck achieve what he should career wise.  If they go with another Pagano type?  If I was luck I would get the heck out of Indy.

34 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Man this interview is hard to listen too.  Dakich is such a huge **.  He is right no matter what and for the most part he is completely disrespectful.  Does not deserve any interview again to be honest.

Although he asked some good questions, the underlying issue I have with him (and other reporters AND some fans) is that they are challenging the character of the owner, players, coaches and GM.      

I thought Ballard answered all his objections: the “50” lb weight loss, Vonte’s demotion issue, Chuck and Irsay’s optimism.

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Great interview.  It sounded like two guys having a good time jousting with one another in a direct, manly way.  I was a little disappointed in Ballard for getting caught in misstatements or flat out lies.

Ballard is probably lying about VD and Wilson and their injuries.

Everybody on this forum knew VD was struggling with a groin issue, but Ballard pretends he thought he was healthy. 

Then, even though Wilson was listed as a healthy scratch, he says that was not really true since he always had the knee issue.

Yeah Ballard is a huge liar :facepalm:, Give it a rest and go have dinner with Grigson.

14 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I can't decide whether Ballard sounds like an 80 year old man on the phone or Bill Clinton.

As for the interview, I was ok with it.  Yes DD is a loudmouth, but I don't think he is a guy that people hate because of it.  At least I don't.  I respect him for asking some real questions.   Ballard was a real pro in how he handled it as well.  But I do think he lied about some things.  And that is not good.  So much better to be upfront and honest then to lie and create mistrust. 

I wish DD had asked him about the Colts medical staff and the plethora of injuries the Colts have suffered the past 10 years compared to other teams, and why so many injuries end up in so much drama.

I was really struck by what he said about S Morris.  For him or anyone to say that Tolzein looked better than Morris is either an outright lie....or incompetence.

With Luck, who really knows what is going in.  I tend to think Luck is getting fed up with everything, and I believe what was said about that text.  

Bottom line is the Colts need to bring in either one of 2 types of coach.  A proven builder like a Harbaugh, or a young innovative offensive minded coach to hopefully help Luck achieve what he should career wise.  If they go with another Pagano type?  If I was luck I would get the heck out of Indy.

You say Luck is getting fed up everything but yet Luck and his agent say he's happy here.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You say Luck is getting fed up everything but yet Luck and his agent say he's happy here.

No player with a rep like A Luck is going to publicly complain, at least not right now when he is hurt and collecting on a huge contract without playing.  Plus that is not Luck's style. 

He is known as a humble human BEAN.

3 minutes ago, threeflight said:

No player with a rep like A Luck is going to publicly complain, at least not right now when he is hurt and collecting on a huge contract without playing.  Plus that is not Luck's style. 

He is known as a humble human BEAN.

Star players complain all the time, if he wasn't happy his agent would at least say so and demand a trade. That is what agents do. His agent said Luck is happy here.

This lying crap is getting old and I think it comes from DD. it wasn't common in my home when I grew up that if you didn't believe something someone said you just don't call them a liar. what he said about VD was that the dr  released him to play and consequently they don't put them on an injury report if the dr gives them the green light. Joe Staysniack (sp) said that on his show and he said the Colts drs are the best in the business. Guess he and the drs are liars also. He said Wilson was a health scratch for the Jacksonville game but was on injury report last 2 weeks with a knee. is that also a lie?

Just now, chrisfarley said:

Traditionally Dakich plays tough about a person on air then when he gets said person in studio or on phone, flames out and is soft.  I haven't listened yet, but I'll check out podcast and see if he's in his normal form.

Yeah, tough DD didn't call him a liar on air or to his face.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Not sure how a forum can blame the Colts for lying and mismanaging the Luck injury/surgery/rehab situation in 2017 on the former GM.  Whether or not the GM demanded he play through it last season is speculation.  Facts actually point to Luck and Pagano wanting to play than the puppetmaster GM forcing him to.

There is certainly a correlation between team performance and roster, but there are aspects to team performance that can be identified as GM/roster responsibility and HC/decision making responsibility. 

So when it comes to team performance and team leadership, I would trust the ex-player ex-coach turned radio host to understand the distinction and who's to blame more than I would a radio host who has always been just a media dork. 

Of coarse you do. If he didn't have your same opinion you wouldn't like what he had to say. I have news for you. JMV is critical of the Colts. But he don't have to be insulting and over talk everyone who calls in. With Dakich he is rude and obnoxious, If you are not saying what he wants to hear he wont even let you finish what you have to sat before he cuts you off and then belittles you. Just maybe the ones who like have that same personality.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Of coarse you do. If he didn't have your same opinion you wouldn't like what he had to say. I have news for you. JMV is critical of the Colts. But he don't have to be insulting and over talk everyone who calls in. With Dakich he is rude and obnoxious, If you are not saying what he wants to hear he wont even let you finish what you have to sat before he cuts you off and then belittles you. Just maybe the ones who like have that same personality.

Grigson had 1 great year that was 2012 mainly because we drafted Luck (Luck was a given pick, my grandma takes him #1) and he hit on TY Hilton, other than that he was awful. Never got Andrew a Line, brought Trent in here, etc.. Dakich is flat out obnoxious and really his Football knowledge is Average at best. 90% of people would agree with what I am saying, there seems to be a few that want to have dinner with Dakich lmao 

16 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Traditionally Dakich plays tough about a person on air then when he gets said person in studio or on phone, flames out and is soft.  I haven't listened yet, but I'll check out podcast and see if he's in his normal form.  Usually cringe-worthy radio

He definitely did not go soft on Ballard. Called him out on a couple inconsistencies. Called him out for saying nobody ever set a timeline on Luck, when in fact Jim Irsay did, twice. I loved the interview myself.

6 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

He definitely did not go soft on Ballard. Called him out on a couple inconsistencies. Called him out for saying nobody ever set a timeline on Luck, when in fact Jim Irsay did, twice. I loved the interview myself.

interesting, dakich talked really tough on Colts in the few times i listened oct/nov. , I mean lighting them up big time, if he held up to the pressure of having ballard on, he would have been firing shots at Colts org. right and left (not necessarily at ballard but at the whole shootin' match)....i'm more interested now than ever to hear this.