Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard to be on 1070 with DAKICH @ 1pm EST/ Right Now (Merge)

csmopar

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why?

I mean I don't care, but what he did yesterday was fine. My prediction about the line of questions was wrong, they were generally what people were wondering. People can do with the info what they will, but it was useful for realigning the known with true north (if anyone cares).

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Why?

I mean I don't care, but what he did yesterday was fine. My prediction about the line of questions was wrong, they were generally what people were wondering. People can do with the info what they will, but it was useful for realigning the known with true north (if anyone cares).

I don't mind it, Dakich is so negative towards the Colts so maybe Ballard will make him look foolish.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why?

my guess is to put the final nail into the coffin with the Vontae thing.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh this should be good! Dakich is a Colts hater, Ballard is on a roll too.

Dakich is actually a Colts fan. I ran into him on the walk to the stadium during the Jets MNF game a couple years ago. He also just bought season tickets last year. Just because he doesn't kiss there behind all the time doesn't mean he is a hater.

Just now, indy1888 said:

Dakich is actually a Colts fan. I ran into him on the walk to the stadium during the Jets MNF game a couple years ago. He also just bought season tickets last year. Just because he doesn't kiss there behind all the time doesn't mean he is a hater.

All he does is bash the Colts on his show, he has said stuff like Luck isn't the real deal and he loved Grigson. Grigson was the main problem here period. Has nothing to do with kissing anyone's behind, I have never heard him say anything positive at all about the Colts even in Luck's 1st 3 years.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All he does is bash the Colts on his show, he has said stuff like Luck isn't the real deal and he loved Grigson. Grigson was the main problem here period. Has nothing to do with kissing anyone's behind, I have never heard him say anything positive at all about the Colts even in Luck's 1st 3 years.

he does it for ratings.  He does occasionally go positive but the last 3 years, he's had way too much material that stirs the pot to be positive(like most fans on here coincidentally) 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I listen to him nearly everyday and he has said a lot of good stuff about the Colts. He has major issues with Pagano and has had them for years just like a majority of Colts fans. He also believes the Colts lied about Luck's situation this year and he blasts them for that.  Mostly though his problems have always been about the coaching and lack of leadership on this team. 

8 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

I listen to him nearly everyday and he has said a lot of good stuff about the Colts. He has major issues with Pagano and has had them for years just like a majority of Colts fans. He also believes the Colts lied about Luck's situation this year and he blasts them for that.  Mostly though his problems have always been about the coaching and lack of leadership on this team. 

I do know he loved Grigson and he thought Grigs wasn't a problem. That alone throws up red flags to me. He has also been critical of Luck. I am not saying someone cant be critical of the team, I am as well when it needs to be. I just don't like hearing someone spreading negativity when it isn't needed. He and Kravitz both do it a lot. Regarding the Coaching and lack of leadership, ok I can see his side of his opinion on that. Honestly though I don't get his love for Grigs or bashing Luck for anything. Luck carried us his 1st 3 years to a lot of wins.

Dakich was a Grigson lover, not sure if it was pertaining to Grigson or to the GM position.

JMV asked Ballard yesterday if he was comfortable doing this (appearing on radio) more frequently, and Ballard said he didn't mind. Lo behold, he gets invited for another appearance on 1070 AM with Dakich. 

I don't think that is a co-incidence. :) 

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Dakich was a Grigson lover, not sure if it was pertaining to Grigson or to the GM position.

JMV asked Ballard yesterday if he was comfortable doing this (appearing on radio) more frequently, and Ballard said he didn't mind. Lo behold, he gets invited for another appearance on 1070 AM with Dakich. 

Great point.  This will be very similar to the JMV interview yesterday IMO.  The only difference is they know Davis is cut now.  

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Ballard agreed to go on Dakich's show last week, it just didn't work out schedule wise, so they moved it to this week.....  Not sure JMV's comments had anything to do with this pre-arranged appearance with DD

Wow, this Dakich guys sounds like a real jerk.  He just ignores the answers that Ballard keeps giving and keeps framing questions from a perspective that completely just dismisses the answers previously given.  I could never listen to this guy's show on a regular basis.  Sensationalism, not sound interviewing.

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Wow, this Dakich guys sounds like a real jerk.  He just ignores the answers that Ballard keeps giving and keeps framing questions from a perspective that completely just dismisses the answers previously given.  I could never listen to this guy's show on a regular basis.  Sensationalism, not sound interviewing.

What do you sounds like a jerk? He is a jerk. He is a loud mouth media hack that thrives on sensationalism.

8 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I told everyone "Dakich is the Bill O'Reilly of sports talk radio". He will somewhat let his guests speak but his opinion rules over the others.

For crying out loud, he had Grigson's agent on there to bat for Grigson, just shows me now from all the comments he is more Pro-Grigson than Pro-Colts GM.

He did not ask Grigson or his agent the same kind of tough questions, IMO. It is funny, on his twitter account, he re-tweets only the positive comments given about him, lol :) 

I don't think we learned much from that, other than Ballard seems to be amused by Dakich and his ranting.  His answers to the same questions posed by JMV yesterday were the same.

Obviously, too many "rumors" that get repeated enough times seem to all of a sudden become facts in many people's minds.

I trust Ballard, because he's the GM and strikes me as someone who is very detailed oriented and would go ballistic if he learned he was being mislead by anyone in the organization.

5 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I don't think we learned much from that, other than Ballard seems to be amused by Dakich and his ranting.  His answers to the same questions posed by JMV yesterday were the same.

Obviously, too many "rumors" that get repeated enough times seem to all of a sudden become facts in many people's minds.

I trust Ballard, because he's the GM and strikes me as someone who is very detailed oriented and would go ballistic if he learned he was being mislead by anyone in the organization.

IMO Ballard was more amused at Dakich because Dakich comes off as an *. I must say Ballard keeps in control of himself pretty well. He was toying with Dakich.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO Ballard was more amused at Dakich because Dakich comes off as an *. I must say Ballard keeps in control of himself pretty well. He was toying with Dakich.

Ballard came out the winner at the end of this all. Only the Dakich die-hard fans could commend his screaming as interviewing. Ballard did a lot of good PR control from these 2 interviews, IMO, plus let Dan make a fool of himself, and JMV showed everyone a thing or two with asking pretty much the same questions in a different way yesterday (which is why I like JMV better).

3 hours ago, indy1888 said:

Yep.  Which is reflected in his comments about Pagano and Luck and why he takes a different view of Grigson.  Nearly everybody else sees it as the opposite so they think he's wrong.

They view him as opinionated because he doesn't share their opinions.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yep.  Which is reflected in his comments about Pagano and Luck and why he takes a different view of Grigson.  Nearly everybody else sees it as the opposite so they think he's wrong.

They view him as opinionated because he doesn't share their opinions.

Most of us see as the truth being somewhere in the middle (part Grigson, part Pagano, and a little bit with Luck) but Dan refuses to meet in the middle regarding a different point of view. That DOES make him opinionated, IMO.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Most of us see as the truth being somewhere in the middle (part Grigson, part Pagano, and a little bit with Luck) but Dan refuses to meet in the middle regarding a different point of view. That DOES make him opinionated, IMO.

Nah.  Pretty much everybody on this forum blames Grigson for just about everything, even when their dog dies. 

The problems with the team's performance over the years stems more from Pagano.  The problem with Luck throwing picks and getting injured has more to do with Luck than Grigson. 

Those are the kinds of thing Dakich would be opinionated about.  He would be correct, and he wouldn't back off.  

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I told everyone "Dakich is the Bill O'Reilly of sports talk radio". He will somewhat let his guests speak but his opinion rules over the others.

For crying out loud, he had Grigson's agent on there to bat for Grigson, just shows me now from all the comments he is more Pro-Grigson than Pro-Colts GM.

He did not ask Grigson or his agent the same kind of tough questions, IMO. It is funny, on his twitter account, he re-tweets only the positive comments given about him, lol :) 

Dakich try's to get it own with his interns too?