Trade Deadline Now Expired

rockywoj

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Either our players available stink or colts we're asking too much. I also believe problem with Moncrief, Vontae and Gore is that everybody knows they won't be back in Indy next year so why give up draft picks for 8 game rentals on players that can be had for no picks next year.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Either our players available stink or colts we're asking too much. I also believe problem with Moncrief, Vontae and Gore is that everybody knows they won't be back in Indy next year so why give up draft picks for 8 game rentals on players that can be had for no picks next year.

Because those players can still help towards a Super Bowl run. Especially Gore. So asking for a late draft pick shouldn't be too much to ask to help with that goal. I would've thought Gore could've fetched a 5th or 6th, while Davis could've fetched maybe a 5th.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

It would have been about getting players to help win now.  Vontae is too expensive for an 8 game rental I will give you that.  Moncrief and Gore are not.

Nothing has happened as usual though.

Ballard is starting to wear thin on me now. Looking like a poor 1st draft, the stunt with Avery Moss, and now the refusal to trade Davis and Gore for whatever you can get. We aren't re-signing these guys, and this is especially a slap in the face to Gore, who probably won't get a chance at a SB. If there were suitors, there were offers. Even if we get two 7ths for them, you get something and make the best out of it come draft time. No excuse for this, and no one can say we didn't know there was interest. There wasn't much, but you get what you can, and Ballard didn't. No time for Macho pride, stupid Ballard.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard is starting to wear thin on me now. Looking like a poor 1st draft, the stunt with Avery Moss, and now the refusal to trade Davis and Gore for whatever you can get. We aren't re-signing these guys, and this is especially a slap in the face to Gore, who probably won't get a chance at a SB. If there were suitors, there were offers. Even if we get two 7ths for them, you get something and make the best out of it come draft time. No excuse for this, and no one can say we didn't know there was interest. There wasn't much, but you get what you can, and Ballard didn't. No time for Macho pride, stupid Ballard.

I'm unaware of the Avery Moss issue, but the rest is 100% speculation, and you're using it to get yourself worked up?

Why would you do that?

Why would a team trade anything for Davis? He has been terrible and has a big price tag for 8 games.     Gore didn't want to be traded,   and apparently no one from a contender offered anything.    

Just now, buccolts said:

I'm unaware of the Avery Moss issue, but the rest is 100% speculation, and you're using it to get yourself worked up?

Why would you do that?

There were plenty of threads where a couple different teams were interested in Gore and Davis. Even if you have to settle for a 7th for both, you do it. That's not speculation, there were threads on this. You don't just lose them for nothing, especially when we aren't getting compensation.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There were plenty of threads where a couple different teams were interested in Gore and Davis. Even if you have to settle for a 7th for both, you do it. That's not speculation, there were threads on this. You don't just lose them for nothing, especially when we aren't getting compensation.

The existence of threads isn't actual evidence of teams being interested

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm guessing you may be surprised how many threads are less than fact.

Heck, I'd likely be surprised also.

Describe 'interest'?

Additionally, neither of us have an idea of what either of them mean to the locker room, that having a 7th round pick doesn't fix.

We also don't KNOW that neither will return next year.

i may not be a elite NFL expert but i will say this. There were other threads about us tanking this year and not only were there threads but even the media was going in that direction. so Ballard may have made a statement just now by not doing a simple thing. because this is a team of fighters and regardless of the outcome were going down swinging.:argh:

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

So Ballard is dumb for not just giving our players away for nothing? Lol, got it....

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry at times lol

He did give them away for nothing. Just at the end of the season for nothing in a meaningless season, rather than for a 6th or 7th which could get a useful player in next year's draft, in a year where we are finished and Luck isn't starting.

Man come on JC.  We aren't the only team with a bad record who didn't make any moves.  And we don't know a single word from any of those conversations if in fact there were any at all to begin with.  Draft was fine.   Bigger issue is some of these guys need to grow up maturity wise.   No questioning Quincy Wilson talent level, Mack looks good,  Hooker looks good,  Hairston can play.   Grover can play as well.    Basham has been a bit slow to aclimate, but that's kind of typical of first year pass rushers.  I think he'll come around though.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

It's more likely we have no idea.    Speculation isn't fact

I'll believe tweets from NFL sources that there was interest, rather than a contrarian view just to be contrarian by you. Could be speculation, but it's more likely to be true than you going with the opposite view to be contrarian. I'll go with the more likely than not view instead of your random possibility that it may not be true.

Just now, krunk said:

Man come on JC.  We aren't the only team with a bad record who didn't make any moves.  And we don't know a single word from any of those conversations if in fact there were any at all to begin with.

I know that, but if there was interest, and Ballard turned it down, then that was a bad move by him. If anything was possible, you have to get it, and I believe it's more likely than not that these tweets had truth to them. Even a 7th is better than nothing.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll believe tweets from NFL sources that there was interest, rather than a contrarian view just to be contrarian by you. Could be speculation, but it's more likely to be true than you going with the opposite view to be contrarian. I'll go with the more likely than not view instead of your random possibility that it may not be true.

Look at all of the trade rumours.     The trsdes that actually did happen weren't leaked to reporters.   There were rumours about a lot of trades that didn't happen. 

But you're probably right,   Ballard is stupid

I'd bet no one even offered anything if I was guessing.

Probably something like...

hey would you trade vontae or frank? Maybe, what you offering?

Ummm, not sure, I'll call you back if we need to.

Ok

Technically it's trade interest, but not really.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I know that, but if there was interest, and Ballard turned it down, then that was a bad move by him. If anything was possible, you have to get it, and I believe it's more likely than not that these tweets had truth to them. Even a 7th is better than nothing.

JC every team has guys they can move for 7th rounders, but did you see anybody do it?

Statistically speaking a seventh actually isn't better than nothing.  Undrafted free agents make up something like 13% of the starters in the NFL - ranking third behind only first and second rounders.  I'm glad he didin't gut the team for a couple of seventh rounders.  The picks would likely be camp fodder, and the message it would have sent the team, coach, fan base, etc., is we quit.  Not something anyone should ever say, let alone do. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Look at all of the trade rumours.     The trsdes that actually did happen weren't leaked to reporters.   There were rumours about a lot of trades that didn't happen. 

But you're probably right,   Ballard is stupid

Make sure to call everyone liars then who posted the rumors on here, and also tweet the people whose posts were on here and call them liars. You obviously know more than the local media, and your random guesses are more likely to be right than tweets from reputable sources. I doubt it. Ballard dropped the ball because he played hard ball.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Make sure to call everyone liars then who posted the rumors on here, and also tweet the people whose posts were on here and call them liars. You obviously know more than the local media, and your random guesses are more likely to be right than tweets from reputable sources. I doubt it. Ballard dropped the ball because he played hard ball.

Why would I call anyone a liar for posting a thread that speculates a trade might happen?

There was no actual evidence of anything

you do it.  you're the one running with those threads and tweets as if they were gospel and getting worked up when they don't come true

1 minute ago, J@son said:

you do it.  you're the one running with those threads and tweets as if they were gospel and getting worked up when they don't come true

I'm saying that it's more likely that they are right than people on here dismissing them like they dismiss everything because they don't like the writer.