Chiefs Patriots Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm still not sure KC even makes the playoffs..they gave up a ton of yards in that first half.

I thought they got pushed around..and who is hurt and how bad?

I think KC wins that division and that Oakland actually takes a step back. 

Chiefs have always been a bad matchup for the Patriots. I just cannot figure out why they wouldn't open the offense for Alex Smith up versus the Steelers, they would've given the Patriots everything they could handle in the AFC championship game.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

You discount Denver..with Jamaal Charles?......and an upgrade from TJ Ward?

I'm not sold on Trevor but that defense is always scary. I picked KC to win the AFCW before the season and I'm sticking by that lol. The team that's getting a lot of unwarranted hype though is Oakland. 

7 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

You could say that Alex Smith was playing for his job tonight...it must have been hard because he has an eventual successor behind him now...so sure I am positive he put a lot of pressure on himself there.

No, the Chiefs finally opened up the play book for him. He has always been good.

I'm hardly counting Brady out either. I would hardly count a tree out if Bill Belichik was coaching it, but 1 thing that sells the Pats being in trouble was that it all happened in spite of downright bizarre playcalling and tempo control by the Chiefs. Those gimmicky shovels and pitches weren't getting much, and in some cases they were ran somewhere other than the actual hole. I don't know how they didn't fumble a single 1, especially after the other fumble early. Then that drive inside of 7 minutes while ahead after lol the did was pass til they got to the 1. I mean I'll take it lol but I think you get it.

10 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I'm hardly counting Brady out either. I would hardly count a tree out if Bill Belichik was coaching it, but 1 thing that sells the Pats being in trouble was that it all happened in spite of downright bizarre playcalling and tempo control by the Chiefs. Those gimmicky shovels and pitches weren't getting much, and in some cases they were ran somewhere other than the actual hole. I don't know how they didn't fumble a single 1, especially after the other fumble early. Then that drive inside of 7 minutes while ahead after lol the did was pass til they got to the 1. I mean I'll take it lol but I think you get it.

?? They had over 500 yards of offense? What more can you expect?

6 hours ago, bananabucket said:

No they didnt, and no he isnt.

Where do you get your information?

Out of Denver.

The Broncos thought the young safeties they have are better than Ward.

There was no cash crisis.

They weren't forced to release him. They did it because they wanted to.

They didn't even offer him a chance to take less money.

And Trevor Siemian.

Siemian is Alex Smith's 'little brother' and before Thursday night that wasn't a compliment.

I think Oakland and Denver will both finish ahead of KC..

Lets tell the truth...The home team Thursday night was bad.

If it wasn't the Patriots, would we be talking about how beaten up they are on both sides of the ball and how weak they are defensively.? How their O-line got stuffed on 4th down twice.

Thursday game may have said more about New England than it did about KC.

Edited by oldunclemark

8 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

In all seriousness, yeah, they'll rebound and be their normal selves this season.

Maybe the Saints can invoke some magic from the 2009 MNF game when they obliterated the Pats at home. :D

In all honesty if Hightower is still hurt and the way that defense looked lost today the Saints could put up enough points to give the Patriots fits next week. Given Amendola out likely with a concussion and no Edelman...that offense is still very good but not great. Dorsett has a lot of ground to make up in a very complex offense so he is really going to need to work fast. I look for a high scoring affair like tonight and if the Saints can hold them to a few FGs like the Chiefs did...they might pull it out.

I'll admit when I was wrong.....Alex Smith isn't going anywhere if he can continue to play like this. I really thought he would be replaced mid-season but he opened it up tonight and looked like a good qb. He still doesn't have great arm strength but his passes were perfectly on target.

That said the win came at a HUGE cost tonight....Eric Berry likely Achilles tear.....he was huge in covering Gronk tonight. Good luck to him hope he is ok.

It's only 1 game, I am sure the Patriots will be fine(all though I can only hope not).  The good thing is they are dead last in the league right now and can't go 16-0.  The Chiefs defense is really good but the Pats defense looked really bad.  The defense needs to improve and Brady can't take shots like that all year at 40 years old.  It's a long season but I am sure the Patriots will be fine.

45 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

And if you subtract Kelsey's yards they still had 500 yards. If they would have scrapped those plays and just ran the ball normally that game would have been over alot quicker.

They played a perfect game against the Patriots and your going to complain about a couple of plays?  Wow.

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

In all honesty if Hightower is still hurt and the way that defense looked lost today the Saints could put up enough points to give the Patriots fits next week. Given Amendola out likely with a concussion and no Edelman...that offense is still very good but not great. Dorsett has a lot of ground to make up in a very complex offense so he is really going to need to work fast. I look for a high scoring affair like tonight and if the Saints can hold them to a few FGs like the Chiefs did...they might pull it out.

Pats play in the SuperDome. Brees is going to put up big points, even if Hightower plays.