Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Practice 8/24/17

TKnight24

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

If Tolzien jukes out 2 players then runs in for a TD, I'll scream. 

They should replay the video of his 2 failed rushing attempts in the Steelers thanksgiving game to offset it, thats only fair. :) 

1 hour ago, TheMose said:

Been reading this forum for a while but finally created an account so I can post and discuss. Let me just say, TKnight24, you're the man! You are making offseason more bearable especially with the departure of Kevin Bowen.

Welcome to the forum!

59 minutes ago, krunk said:

I say hold Hankins out until the regular season.   Let my boy Grover Stewart get some more experience with those reps.

I agree. Hankins and Moncrief will make the cut of 53 so if it's not any issues

where they are gonna need IR then rest them to full recovery.

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

If Luck is released by the doctors, I would rather have him with 0 practice over any of our backups week 1

That likely would give us the best chance to win. Yet still, I would rather lose week one than put him out there before he is ready. The Rams D line is no joke. The last thing any of us want is Luck to rush back only to aggravate his surgically repaired shoulder. Unless he becomes a ball out in under 3 seconds every throw and starts to shy away from contact, which he should do, he will see a lot of contact early on. This is the NFL every team will know hitting #12 often is the defensive game plan. I would rather a healthy Luck for about 12 games, over rushing him back to beat the Rams and Browns. We need a team that can compete with those teams without Luck, to be able to compete with more well rounded teams like N.E. and Pitt.

1 hour ago, life long said:

That likely would give us the best chance to win. Yet still, I would rather lose week one than put him out there before he is ready. The Rams D line is no joke. The last thing any of us want is Luck to rush back only to aggravate his surgically repaired shoulder.

Dominique Easley got injured remember. That does leave Aaron Donald, but I think he's still holding out. Hopefully Robert Quinn won't be back into form after his injuries. Other than Easley being gone, I agree. Donald will probably abuse anyone not named Jack Mewhort and Ryan Kelly, and Kelly is out. 

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Will be great to see them gamelan finally so we can get a better idea of what we look like.

Based on any other game planned game from Pagano, and the injuries we have now, I'm thinking you won't even notice we had a game plan made. 

9 hours ago, life long said:

That likely would give us the best chance to win. Yet still, I would rather lose week one than put him out there before he is ready. The Rams D line is no joke. The last thing any of us want is Luck to rush back only to aggravate his surgically repaired shoulder. Unless he becomes a ball out in under 3 seconds every throw and starts to shy away from contact, which he should do, he will see a lot of contact early on. This is the NFL every team will know hitting #12 often is the defensive game plan. I would rather a healthy Luck for about 12 games, over rushing him back to beat the Rams and Browns. We need a team that can compete with those teams without Luck, to be able to compete with more well rounded teams like N.E. and Pitt.

I never said we should rush him back if he's not 100%. I just said if health is not a concern anymore and the only concern is he hasn't had enough practice to build chemistry, that's still better than going with one of our backups.

16 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Whether it's because his injuries scare Ballard away, or they prevent him from putting up the best numbers he can, the nagging injuries are probably going to cost Moncrief an extension.

This would be a good year for him to stay on the field for 16 games. I don't think missing time in the preseason is going to have a lot of impact on that decision. We should weigh the risk/reward in running TY out there too. There's less the 50% chance one of our QB's are going to put the ball on him regardless of how open he gets. Our back up QB's are disheartening to say the least.