Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's almost here......

TKnight24

25 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Nothing better than the feeling when you realise the offseason is finally almost over.

So true. The other sports, for me personally, don't do much. 

Here's to hopefully having #12 healthy and feeling good this season.

This year, there are so many questions: will the Colts get/stay healthy? Will playmakers emerge from the FA/draft class? Can the defense improve enough to make a playoff run? How will the injured and/or inexperienced players from last year perform? How long will it take for the defense to gel? I could see a disappointing year not making the playoffs, should the injury bug hit again. (Although if that happens the depth appears to be better than last year). But, it would not surprise me to see a deep playoff run, should things come together. 

I am cautiously optimistic about this season... Very excited about pre-season.  It will be great to see the new faces and how the rolls develop.  On paper, reclaiming the AFC South is very achievable.  To me, that is the first measure of success for the new GM.  Anything after that (ie playoff wins) will be a bonus. 

23 hours ago, TDewar1987 said:

Ready to get to Lucas Oil on the 30th and also catch some preseason games in person. I wont be able to go to any regular season games unfortunately. 

Taking the wife, kid and his friend to LOS on the 30th too.  Have never been to a practice before so I am pretty excited about it.  Mostly just because it is finally time for some real football.  It is a long offseason.  

I am hoping to make at least one home game this year.  If it is only one I would prefer it to be a home playoff game.  :lombardi:  ; )

We usually go watch OSU a few times, but honestly I would rather watch them on TV.  LOS is a great experience though and I enjoy being at those games.

19 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

This year, there are so many questions: will the Colts get/stay healthy? Will playmakers emerge from the FA/draft class? Can the defense improve enough to make a playoff run? How will the injured and/or inexperienced players from last year perform? How long will it take for the defense to gel? I could see a disappointing year not making the playoffs, should the injury bug hit again. (Although if that happens the depth appears to be better than last year). But, it would not surprise me to see a deep playoff run, should things come together. 

The other big question is - how much have the teams in our division improved (or regressed). 

The Jaguars won the off season again, but unless Bortles has an epiphany they won't go very far.

The Texans get Watt back but lost a few key players.  Personally, I think Watson isn't that great (Vince Young-ish?).

The Titans look like a really good team, with QB health issues.  For some reason, we seem to have their number.

...Can't Wait!

21 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Nothing better than the feeling when you realise the offseason is finally almost over.

Unless you are a school teacher and the lazy summer attitude has to change. 

As for the Colts, I really look forward to the ride we are about to take with Ballard at the helm. I expect a few bumps in the road, but feel Mr. Ballard has us headed in the right direction.