Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DGB clears waivers

CR91

DGB will be fortuate to get a job before Colin Kaepernick.

The pre-NFL trifecta:

Drugs-
In less than a three-year period, he was arrested for multiple marijuana charges, including once with a full pound, yet faced a combined one game suspension. No other charges.

Domestic Violence-
Green-Beckham broke into his girlfriend’s home in anger, kicking down the door. He proceeded to throw another victim down several stairs and go after his girlfriend at the time, according to the police report. Charges were never filed.

Maturity-
Based on Green-Beckham’s immediate and persistent off-field issues in his college career, it’s abundantly clear that he hasn’t proven he’s an individual that NFL teams can trust. And still can't it appears. Teams can't rid their roster of him fast enough once they 'get to know' him.

Since being in the league, "It's bad day, good day. Same thing it's been since the very first day." He has work ethic and conditioning issues, and mental lapses.  This gets around the league.  While there is no collusion to blackball a player, bad reps travel, and could cause many to lose interest, irregardless of natural talent.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Wish we'd give him a shot. I loved this kid when he came out what ? 3 years ago ? He's super talented and has showed some flashes that indicate he can be a really good WR, maybe even a beast. Couldn't hurt. Carry 6 WR's.

Aside from his size/speed/strength numbers, what has he done to indicate he can be really good or a beast?  He was on two teams in two years and is now without a team.  He's gone over 100 yards in 2/31 games.  He has 6 TDs and 68 catches in 31 games.  I don't see where he's shown any ability to be really good or a beast.  Honestly, I'd rather give Dorsett the roster spot than DGB.

On 7/7/2017 at 0:57 AM, 21isSuperman said:

Vet min and maybe we can turn him to this season's Da'Rick Rogers.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:50 AM, 21isSuperman said:

Following in the footsteps of guys like Caesar Rayford

Ha, that's not fair to Rayford. I get the Da'Rick analogy, because Rogers had the rep for maturity issues & questionable work ethic concerns. But, as far as I can remembrr, & unless I'm forgetting something, all reports pointed to Rayford working his tail off to make a squad...

11 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, that's not fair to Rayford. I get the Da'Rick analogy, because Rogers had the rep for maturity issues & questionable work ethic concerns. But, as far as I can remembrr, & unless I'm forgetting something, all reports pointed to Rayford working his tail off to make a squad...

I was only referring to Rayford as being a preseason hero and then not making a roster.  My comparison with Rogers was with the things you mentioned, maturity issues, questionable work ethic, great physical tools.  My mistake for not being clear

39 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I was only referring to Rayford as being a preseason hero and then not making a roster.  My comparison with Rogers was with the things you mentioned, maturity issues, questionable work ethic, great physical tools.  My mistake for not being clear

Oh I know, I was just trying to joke around, sometimes the way I hear what I type  & the way it comes across may not have the same humor that it's supposed to. With that said most forum members should be well acquainted with the concept of the forum pre-season hero... Its a pretty funny phenomenon!!!!

Ha, & maybe while I say I was just joking around, maybe I am also tapping into my subconscious a bit too since Caesar has probably been the pre-season hero I have rooted for the most, ha...

On 7/10/2017 at 2:31 PM, COLTS449 said:

Wish we'd give him a shot. I loved this kid when he came out what ? 3 years ago ? He's super talented and has showed some flashes that indicate he can be a really good WR, maybe even a beast. Couldn't hurt. Carry 6 WR's.

Here's the latest info I received on this potential "Beast" ...

"Ex-Eagles WR Dorial Green-Beckham passed through waivers unclaimed.
He’s now an unrestricted free agent. The 40th overall pick in the 2015 draft, Green-Beckham has experienced a dramatic and steep fall with no teams willing to even bring him to camp at his $944K base salary. Green-Beckham should resurface on a minimum-salary deal, but he can now officially be declared a bust. After a discouraging 2016 season in Philadelphia, Green-Beckham reportedly turned in a pathetic performance at Eagles OTAs and minicamp, loafing and making repeated mistakes. His heart was never in it. "

He is not worth the time and effort.  Some desperate team with minimal amount of receivers that begin to suffer injuries will bring him in at some point on a minimum with incentives (which he will likely not earn) contract.

On 7/14/2017 at 4:23 AM, LJpalmbeacher said:

in a heart beat. what you have to lose,

Using a roster spot for another aging vet where we may already have younger player(s) with promising skill sets and have arrows pointing up? Letting a young guy go, possibly to another team that develops him into a solid pro, if not star?

minimum contract?

Tiny risk vs high reward, even if its a long shot.

Might not accept a minimum contract.  For years in NFL, that minimum is dead on near 1 million dollars. Quite a few players that were well established in their careers would rather retire rather than take paltry money.  Even one loaded with incentives (What if there is a freak injury?) They get beat up too much in this game to accept less than they feel they are worth. So unless he's flat broke, that very  likely won't fly, IME.

We're pretty strong at WR.  I don't see why we should bring in a guy with off the field and maturity issues.  Especially one who hasn't even really shown superstar talent.  

There is a better argument for bringing in a guy like Josh Gordon who at least flashed some superstar talent then there is for this guy.