Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay Tweets

doogansquest

From @jimirsay: http://twitter.com/jimirsay

With hearing aids,sound is louder,but sum still don't listen"All lies n jest,cause a man hears what he wants to hear,n disregard's the rest"

Sounds to me like he's poking fun at the commentators all guessing and pretending they know what's going on. They are the loudest, of course, those who want Peyton gone. It makes for a great story. They are picking and choosing what they want to hear, and disregarding the simple truth that Irsay has said Manning stays if he wants to, money is not the issue, and Peyton himself has made clear where he wants to be.

Granted, I'm drawing my own conclusion, and I will be the first to admit that. Still, seems pretty obvious that only Jim and Peyton know what's really going on.

"In the clearing stands a boxer, and a fighter by his trade

And he carries the reminder of every glove that laid him down or cut him

'Til he cried out in his anger and his shame

I am leaving, I am leaving, but the fighter still remains

Yes, he still remains ..."

I am just a poor boy.

Though my story's seldom told,

I have squandered my resistance

For a pocketful of mumbles,

Such are promises

All lies and jest

Still, a man hears what he wants to hear

And disregards the rest.

This is interesting.

Promises=all lies and Jets?

And the line "I am leaving, I am leaving, but the fighter still remains".

If Peyton is cut then the fighter in him still remains to be with another team?

Peyton might be the boxer?

It's the lyric he used that's usually important, not the title of the song I think. I'm with Doogan and his original theory about men hear what they want to hear, disregard the rest, truth. I agree it's about all the talk, all the theories, drawing conclusions without knowing or listening to the truth.

This is interesting.

Promises=all lies and Jets?

And the line "I am leaving, I am leaving, but the fighter still remains".

If Peyton is cut then the fighter in him still remains to be with another team?

Peyton might be the boxer?

or perhaps the portion of the song lyrics that are most relevant are the ACTUAL ONES THAT JIM CHOSE TO QUOTE and not the ones that better fit what you want to happen? lol

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio

A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you (Woo, woo, woo)

What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson

Joltin' Joe has left and gone away

(Hey, hey, hey...

Hey wait a minute... wrong song going on here... sry.

Hello darknes my old friend......I've come to talk with you again.

Well if Irsay tweets from "bridge over troubled water" we have a problem.

I still think Peyton or Irsay is the boxer in this symbolic act. Mostly maybe Peyton.

or perhaps the portion of the song lyrics that are most relevant are the ACTUAL ONES THAT JIM CHOSE TO QUOTE and not the ones that better fit what you want to happen? lol

You have to look at the whole song with Irsay. If you smoked as much as he did you gotta look at it all.

Sorry. A meaning of a song means more to me then a chosen lyric. You also have to look at the context of the chosen lyric.

Honestly I don't even care what happens anymore. Either take him back or cut him. All this drama is getting ridiculous. I took days off from it recently thankfully.

This is getting interesting. To pay Peyton or not to pay Peyton. That is the question. Hopefully we'll all know the answer soon so we can all celebrate, mourn, move on, look to the future or do whatever else we need to do.

To pay-ton (of cash) or not to pay-ton (of cash). Indeed, that is the question. Although 617 lbs ($28MM in $100 bills) is not quite a ton. Maybe if they were all $1 dollar bills. There you go.

Personally, I hope he waits until Peyton can either play or not. For both their sakes.

Unless what we know with Peyton right now will be around the same in March. Irsay can't wait until the summer can he?

I just want this mess done quite frankly. Between speculation, tweets, reports etc.....ugh.

Just watched another piece on BSPN recapping Peyton's career and for the life of me I can't figure out why they are working so hard trying to get Peyton out of Indy, or why they believe their opinions can really affect the outcome of something they play no roll in. Do they just want him in a big market where they think they'll get more access, cause again they would be wrong.

From @jimirsay: http://twitter.com/jimirsay

Sounds to me like he's poking fun at the commentators all guessing and pretending they know what's going on. They are the loudest, of course, those who want Peyton gone. It makes for a great story. They are picking and choosing what they want to hear, and disregarding the simple truth that Irsay has said Manning stays if he wants to, money is not the issue, and Peyton himself has made clear where he wants to be.

Granted, I'm drawing my own conclusion, and I will be the first to admit that. Still, seems pretty obvious that only Jim and Peyton know what's really going on.

Agree completely. I still think there is a chance Manning might not come back, but the speculation has gotten out of control. If anything the media circus has made this situation worse than what it has ever been. They have no news to report on this until March 8th and until then I don't care what they have to say.