Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

35 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Our schedule is tougher than Washington's

We have the most difficult remaining schedule in the NBA beginning Sunday at Boston....

Now what could mediate that is: If Golden State (nobody but us has 2 games left with GSW) is locked into the '1' or '2' position in the West when we play them the second time...or if Steph Curry is out...

2.) If Charlotte is eliminated by the time we play the final 2 games against them.

Both could happen.

Tonight is the first night that we have had our entire roster available (its the first time Glenn Robinson and Daren Collison have played in the same game this season) for play.

We look good tonight. We need to keep putting it on them so we can get the starters a little extra rest.

Our schedule may be tougher than Washington's but not by much The Wiz have 9 of 17 to close the season on the road with games vs Clev NO Hou SA Bos Mia then they get Bos SA Den and us at home. That is 10 tough games. It's Philly that could benefit from scheduling. 

I'm not worried about it We have bet everyone we face except GS who we haven't played. We will win our share of games. This is an opportunity to control our destiny I think you are going to be surprised 

We are a good team We play together and give maximum effort. As you said we have a healthy roster for the first time all season. Myles has found his game and Bogy is playing his best ball. DC is back hasn't missed a beat. I'm confident Vic will adjust to teams focusing on him. Our best ball is in front of us. 

3 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We look good tonight. We need to keep putting it on them so we can get the starters a little extra rest.

Our schedule may be tougher than Washington's but not by much The Wiz have 9 of 17 to close the season on the road with games vs Clev NO Hou SA Bos Mia then they get Bos SA Den and us at home. That is 10 tough games. It's Philly that could benefit from scheduling. 

I'm not worried about it We have bet everyone we face except GS who we haven't played. We will win our share of games. This is an opportunity to control our destiny I think you are going to be surprised 

Despite how wonderful we agree we are.....I am worried.

Our next 4 games are at Boston (46-20), at Philadelphia (35-29), Toronto (47-17) and Washington (37-28).

Then we play the Lakers, at New Orleans (38-26) and the Clippers (34-29)..

Then Miami (35-31), at Golden State (51-14) , Sacramento, at the Clippers (34-29) at Denver (35-30), Golden State (51-14) and at Toronto (47-17), again.

I'm very much ready to be surprised, ak.

17 hours ago, akcolt said:

Did anyone watch GS v Spurs tonight? Curry left with a sprained right ankle That's could have a huge impact on the playoffs if serious. GS isn't the same without Curry. 

I'll say it again.     Golden State isn't a young team anymore....

Durant is almost 30 and Curry is 30 this month...

Athlete or not, the injuries come more frequently when you get older (don't ask me how I know)

...and you are right..Golden State doenst win the West if Curry has to miss a series...

Big win for my Raptors tonight, ending HOU winning streak. Hopefully we can lock that 1st seed down.

What y'all think of a Raptors Pacers 2nd round series? Rematch of that fun 2016 series. I really like Oladipo. One of my favourite players in the east this year. 

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'll say it again.     Golden State isn't a young team anymore....

Durant is almost 30 and Curry is 30 this month...

Athlete or not, the injuries come more frequently when you get older (don't ask me how I know)

...and you are right..Golden State doenst win the West if Curry has to miss a series...

Washington caught a huge break playing NO without Davis I'm not sure why he was out but that was huge he'd been on beast mode

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

112-87.....good win..

Booker (8 pints, 8 rebounds) looked like he will add to our bench...

up to 37-28 with 17 to play........now here comes the storm

Joey Buckets played 1 min tonight with everyone healthy I see that we called Ike back up WHY? He will get no playing time and he was fresh off his first double double with the Ants. He needs to play to improve doesn't he?

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Despite how wonderful we agree we are.....I am worried.

Our next 4 games are at Boston (46-20), at Philadelphia (35-29), Toronto (47-17) and Washington (37-28).

Then we play the Lakers, at New Orleans (38-26) and the Clippers (34-29)..

Then Miami (35-31), at Golden State (51-14) , Sacramento, at the Clippers (34-29) at Denver (35-30), Golden State (51-14) and at Toronto (47-17), again.

I'm very much ready to be surprised, ak.

-Tonight was much needed and puts us 10 games over .500 at 38-28 for the brutal stretch coming, we may very well lose most of those games you listed but still in no danger of missing the Playoffs. You do realize the Pistons are 30-36 (8 games behind us) and have like a 1% chance of catching us - they are 9th? On another note, Collison looked Good tonight and look at how much better Dipo's shooting was tonight with him in the lineup, Dipo was 7-9. He doesn't have to force bad shots as much because Collison has the ability to find him open.

-If we do lose most of those games it wont be due to effort, it will be due to those teams being just as good as us or better than us. Every team you listed is a Playoff team except the Nuggets and they are at 36-30 = Respectable like the Jazz who are now 36-30. Clippers are now 8th in the West at 35-29. We have an 8 game lead over the Pistons so I am not going to worry about these games a whole lot. Just going to watch and see how we do against these teams.

-The Pistons about to start a 6 game West Coast trip. 4 of those games are against Utah, Portland, Denver, and Houston lmao. Talk about brutal, nah we are  fine Mark. They wont win any of those. The Hornets are 28-38, 10 games behind us and just stink so they are toast too. They aren't making up 10 games on us. Lets just enjoy the last part of the season and hope we win a few and play well.

WE are just different people, CBE.

My enjoyment of the last part of the season will parallel my enjoyment of the first 3/4 of the year.

If we will I'm happy....If we play well and lose to mediocre teams, I'm unhappy. .  

Next year isnt promised to any of us. 

If there's a chance for us to win 45-50 now, I want to win 45-50 now. .

But when you say that we may lose to the tough teams in the next few weeks but its Ok because we'll back into the playoffs because Detroit is bad and it doesnt matter anyway because next year will be sweet, I'm not hearing that.

Next year isn't promised.

Remember, I'm the guy who thought we were going to beat the Cavs last year when we were up 25 in Game 3.

At that moment, I thought we could win that series. I realy did.

So I apologize for wanting us to play well and defeat top teams in the final 17 games so we can be in position to do well in the post-season.

Must be a character flaw of mine.

Its disappointing to hear that James Harden is the undisputed MVP because he scores a lot of points.

Harden isn't the key to his team winning..Chris Paul is.

My definition of MVP is which player means the most to his team.

You start with LeBron.   His career-best numbers aside, without him, the Cavs are not a playoff team.

Then you put Victor Oladipo in there. Same thing. We are nowhere near a playoff team without him.

And he's lifted his game in all respects this year.

Then you get to Kyrie Irving..Boston has won some without him but he's carried an offense which is a few biscuits short without him. And Kyrie wanted to leave Cleveland because he said he could lead a team to a big season.

So dfar, he ha a done that.

Why is James Harden a better choice than these 3.../

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

My enjoyment of the last part of the season will parallel my enjoyment of the first 3/4 of the year.

If we will I'm happy....If we play well and lose to mediocre teams, I'm unhappy. .  

But when you say that we may lose to the tough teams in the next few weeks but its Ok because we'll back into the playoffs because Detroit is bad and it doesnt matter anyway because next year will be sweet, I'm not hearing that.

Remember, I'm the guy who thought we were going to beat the Cavs last year when we were up 25 in Game 3.

So I apologize for wanting us to play well and defeat top teams in the final 17 games so we can be in position to do well in the post-season.

I don't consider it backing into the Playoffs though if we somehow go into a slump, that is where you are not understanding my thoughts. We have earned a Playoff spot regardless because we have been better than Detroit and Charlotte for 66 games which is 80% of the season/schedule. The schedule we have coming up is really brutal so why would you be shocked if we did play below .500 ball for a week or 2? We have had a Great season so far going by expectations. Do I hate to lose, hell yes I do but I also know we aren't going to win some nights and it is what it is. Making the Playoffs isn't easy, ask Detroit or Charlotte how easy it is. You for some reason are not looking at the season as a whole. At the beginning of the season how many wins did you have us having and did you have us making the Playoffs? I already know the answer to that.

28 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

How can any team back into the playoffs when they wasn't even suppose to be in the playoffs at the start of the season?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

How can any team back into the playoffs when they wasn't even suppose to be in the playoffs at the start of the season?

CC;

'Backing in', in my opinion,  would be losing a lot in the final month.

Maybe they wont. Maybe they'll win 50. I want to see that.

Edited by oldunclemark

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

CC;

'Backing in', in my opinion,  would be losing a lot in the final month.

Maybe they wont. Maybe they'll win 50. I want to see that.

That's exactly what backing in means. Backing into the playoffs has zero to do with what you were expected to do and everything to.do with how you are playing the last  10-15 games of the season. 

I don't see this team going worse than 9-7 to finish the season. We are a good team. We play hard and together. DC is back Bogy and Myles are playing their best ball. We are about to find out. The next 4 are as tough as it gets. We really need the game Tuesday vs Philly and the tiebreaker 

• Like 1

Here are our next 10 games: I will put W's and L's by each game on how I think they will go,

at Boston (L)

at Philly (L)

Toronto (L) - This is where everyone goes into panic mode but then

at Washington (W) - Yes we will win this game, no Wall, no dice!

La Lakers (W) - We will bounce back and win 2 after losing 3 straight, this is a win too!

at New Orleans (L)

La Clippers (W) - A win!

Miami (W) - A win!

at Golden St (L)

at Sacramento (W) - A win

-I have us going 5-5 over the next 10 games, so IMO I don't see the next 10 games being as bad as some may think. If we go 5-5 that is very respectable considering the competition. That keeps us 10 games above .500 at 43-33 and still in the hunt for a 4 Seed more than likely. We also still would have 2 games left against crappy Charlotte as well to end the season.

-We aren't an Elite team but we are a Good team so I don't see us being below .500 over the next 10 games. I think we will lose the next 3 but will bounce back and respond like we have all season.

16 hours ago, akcolt said:

That's exactly what backing in means. Backing into the playoffs has zero to do with what you were expected to do and everything to.do with how you are playing the last  10-15 games of the season. 

I don't see this team going worse than 9-7 to finish the season. We are a good team. We play hard and together. DC is back Bogy and Myles are playing their best ball. We are about to find out. The next 4 are as tough as it gets. We really need the game Tuesday vs Philly and the tiebreaker 

I'd like to see 9-7..........Boston is a little shorthanded...Here's a chance..right away..

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here are our next 10 games: I will put W's and L's by each game on how I think they will go,

at Boston (L)

at Philly (L)

Toronto (L) - This is where everyone goes into panic mode but then

at Washington (W) - Yes we will win this game, no Wall, no dice!

La Lakers (W) - We will bounce back and win 2 after losing 3 straight, this is a win too!

at New Orleans (L)

La Clippers (W) - A win!

Miami (W) - A win!

at Golden St (L)

at Sacramento (W) - A win

-I have us going 5-5 over the next 10 games, so IMO I don't see the next 10 games being as bad as some may think. If we go 5-5 that is very respectable considering the competition. That keeps us 10 games above .500 at 43-33 and still in the hunt for a 4 Seed more than likely. We also still would have 2 games left against crappy Charlotte as well to end the season.

-We aren't an Elite team but we are a Good team so I don't see us being below .500 over the next 10 games. I think we will lose the next 3 but will bounce back and respond like we have all season.

The 76ers are a sloppy team that has superior talent...We might get that one..

On the road at Washington.......They are hard to predict....Could be a 20-point game either way

Miami and the Clippers are games that they must win..and I dont know how we match up with the Clippers. They've made changes

Just now, oldunclemark said:

The 76ers are a sloppy team that has superior talent...We might get that one..

On the road at Washington.......They are hard to predict....

Miami and the Clippers are games that they must win..and I dont know how we match up with the Clippers. They've made changes

All of those games are really tough to predict. Brown is out tonight so we may win tonight? Utah just beat won at New Orleans by 20! Talk about crazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All of those games are really tough to predict. Brown is out tonight so we may win tonight? Utah just beat won at New Orleans by 20! Talk about crazy.

Washington lost by what? 27? to Miami Saturday night.   That team has issues

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Milwaukee just signed Brandon Jennings.......who was in the G-League

He used to be good and they need help at guard.

OKC got Corey Brewer from the Lakers (got released) and he started for the Saturday against the Spurs.

Not bad at all

Man if we can win this game tonight at Boston that would be freakin gigantic! We just beat them so the odds are against us.

Just now, Luck 4 president said:

Just watched the Jazz game. Jazz were down by 10 and couldn’t do anything in the 3rd, then Donovan Mitchell took over and scored 14 straight in like 4 minutes. ROY? I think he deserves it. 

I agree, the Jazz are Good and Mitchell is Rookie of the Year. That franchise is amazing, they are like us as in they just rebuild and become Good out of nowhere lmao 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

Just watched the Jazz game. Jazz were down by 10 and couldn’t do anything in the 3rd, then Donovan Mitchell took over and scored 14 straight in like 4 minutes. ROY? I think he deserves it. 

I agree....He's better than Simmons now and Simmons isn't a rookie anyway...He didnt play last year but he was in the NBA

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man if we can win this game tonight at Boston that would be freakin gigantic! We just beat them so the odds are against us.

I think they didnt have Marcus Smart in that game..and that's who would guard Victor.

But we are deep now with Glenn and Trevor Booker...

You dont get a lot of calls in Boston...but they don't have a big post player who can beat us up like some other teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I think they didnt have Marcus Smart in that game..and that's who would guard Victor.

But we are deep now with Glenn and Trevor Booker...

You dont get a lot of calls in Boston...but they don't have a big post player who can beat us up like some other teams.

Brown is out though so maybe we can take advantage of that? I am glad he will be ok, that was a bad fall!

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, the Jazz are Good and Mitchell is Rookie of the Year. That franchise is amazing, they are like us as in they just rebuild and become Good out of nowhere lmao 

Ya I can see the similarities. Pacers lose PG, Jazz lose Hayward. Everyone thinks they’re gonna be terrible then out of nowhere Oladipo and Mitchell step up to lead both teams to the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ya I can see the similarities. Pacers lose PG, Jazz lose Hayward. Everyone thinks they’re gonna be terrible then out of nowhere Oladipo and Mitchell step up to lead both teams to the playoffs.

It's about history too they had Stock and Malone, we had Reggie and then PG. It just seems like they are always Good and we are too. Last season they took out Blake Griffin and CP3 with Hayward, Gobert, and George Hill.

4 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Both stars leaving is where it ends. PG left on a bad note, Hayward left amicably. Mitchell was predicted to be good(I know I wanted to draft him if he fell), Oladipo wasn't expected to play well.