Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Save Peyton

DILLIGAFER

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone always make it out to be a case of one or the other? Clearly both is the most exciting and probably best option?

Why does everyone want to force having both?it is very unfair to both players and would be a headache we don't need. Luck says he wants to play right away and Peyton says it is unfair and would hurt Lucks development to sit any amount of time, but yet almost every fan believes this is a great idea. When the two primary principles are against it, why does everyone make it so good. I will type real slow, IT WILL NOT WORK.!!!

Why does everyone want to force having both?it is very unfair to both players and would be a headache we don't need. Luck says he wants to play right away and Peyton says it is unfair and would hurt Lucks development to sit any amount of time, but yet almost every fan believes this is a great idea. When the two primary principles are against it, why does everyone make it so good. I will type real slow, IT WILL NOT WORK.!!!

Some fans have a hard time emotionally letting go of the past, while still recognizing the need for the future. That's why they are trying to find compromise out of cognitive dissonance. They think PM will be back at 100% before the season starts, and they want Luck to sit for up to 4 years. They want their cake, and eat it too, not realizing that this will cause indigestion.

I agree that it is a bad idea. Keep Manning.

I am just going to say there is a reason that fans do not make the decision on how to run a franchise and its a VERY good thing.

If people would take the emotion out of the decision, what has to be done is fairly simple and clear. As much as it sucks and it totally does, but BOTH sides are better off that way,

I am just going to say there is a reason that fans do not make the decision on how to run a franchise and its a VERY good thing.

If people would take the emotion out of the decision, what has to be done is fairly simple and clear. As much as it sucks and it totally does, but BOTH sides are better off that way,

Indeed. :thmup:

Some fans have a hard time emotionally letting go of the past, while still recognizing the need for the future. That's why they are trying to find compromise out of cognitive dissonance. They think PM will be back at 100% before the season starts, and they want Luck to sit for up to 4 years. They want their cake, and eat it too, not realizing that this will cause indigestion.

That's nonsense. It may not be ideal for us to keep both, but it's very doable. Thinking that it may happen is not cognitive dissonance, nor is it refusing to let go of the past.

Luck also said, he has no problem sitting and learning if PM comes back. and he would relish the opportunity.

That's nonsense. It may not be ideal for us to keep both, but it's very doable. Thinking that it may happen is not cognitive dissonance, nor is it refusing to let go of the past.

Thats a mouthful. I had to look this up and am STILL confused. :spit:

Because Peyton gives the Colts the best chance to win now, IF healthy. Luck is for the near future. Is that hard to understand? But I guess that can't work because a bunch of sports journalist can't process it.

And you can type fast or slow, I'll keep reading at the same speed.

You know bro it's really funny, your first post on here was about a

Month ago, we had a good intellectual talk, since that time you have been the spearhead of the anti manning pro luck movement. Very interesting who you are a fan of yourself. People can hold on to Peyton all they want, he has done that much for the game and for this city, you should not question someone's heart, when you are new here and quiet frankly you could be a luck fan first.

You know bro it's really funny, your first post on here was about a

Month ago, we had a good intellectual talk,

LOL, I bet you thought it was good only as far as I agreed with you.

since that time you have been the spearhead of the anti manning pro luck movement.

LOL, me? You consider me a spearhead of the anti-manning pro-luck movement? You are deluding yourself. I am a Colts fan, first and foremost. Just because I can see reality, it doesn't make me an anti-manning person, or a pro-luck person.

Very interesting who you are a fan of yourself.

I think it is an ad hominem to accuse me of narcissism. It is probably against the TOS.

People can hold on to Peyton all they want, he has done that much for the game and for this city, you should not question someone's heart, when you are new here and quiet frankly you could be a luck fan first.

Sorry to disagree with you again. I see no problems with questioning everything. Is it prohibited to question if I am new? I am a Colts fan first and foremost, and I see the Cotls as a team, larger and more important than any of its players. I am interested in the long term success of the Colts.

If you send one of those shirts (XL) to Luck, he might make things easier for you, and decide to do an Eli to the Colts.

Afterall, who wants to go where he is not wanted?

Can you please desipher for me when and where I said I was anti luck. The shirt simply says we dont need luck when we have Manning. Ie: We should keep Manning and for me Luck can sit or walk if he doesnt want to sit behind Manning. I fail to see where that makes me a luck hater.. :rantoff:

I agree.

Montana and Young was awkward. it worked!

Favre and Roders was awkward. it worked.

This situation possibly has never come up before.

If I had to take a "risk" with only 1, I'd have to go with Luck.

The nerve issue is just too uncertain, and its time to plan for the future decade.

Look at this year's playoffs.... lots of poor running games and poor defenses. But almost all had very good QB play. The league is driven by the passing game.

However, if its at all possible, I'd like Peyton to "try" to make it back on the field in a Colts uniform.

If we can get around the 28M, like other teams would (by releasing him), I think a deal is doable.

They will make it work.

Heck, we also had a "world-beater" Hughes at DE behind Freeney and mathis. haha

btw, all those who are wondering.. I am guessing this is our dear friend DN resurrected.

That's low, and also obviously false. Heck I thought I was the spearhead for the supposed "pro luck" movement a month ago.

I feel bad for Frog, crunching the numbers on everyones wish list to retain Peyton for them, only to realize generally people either don't read them or comprehend clearly what he's saying.

and I'll say it, you wasted your money.

I think we want what is best for the Colts. Some think that Peyton cant play up to quality standards. Some believe he will be back and kick some major rear end. You must be on the side that Peyton is washed up and we should draft some kid and hope that he is Peyton like. I am more on the page of keeping the Peyton. Just a difference in opinion my man.

That's low, and also obviously false. Heck I thought I was the spearhead for the supposed "pro luck" movement a month ago.

I feel bad for Frog, crunching the numbers on everyones wish list to retain Peyton for them, only to realize generally people either don't read them or comprehend clearly what he's saying.

and I'll say it, you wasted your money.

check the screen name then come back and ask me if i care.. lmao If you cant figure it out. let me know and I will pm it to you.

you know i love having manning on the colts, and it sucks that he may not be back. but you got to look at it this way, you bring manning back and forget about andrew luck you just wasted a chance at getting a great QB. because with manning the colts wont go 3-13 next year and prob will be in the playoffs meaning you lose a shot at Barkley from USC also. and sorry to say there isnt very many promising QB's coming out of college in the next couple of years. Manning is 36, he gave the colts a great run, and i appreciate everything he has done for the colts and the city. but the fact of the matter is your basing all of this off of an emotional standpoint for the guy and not looking at the buisness side of it for the future. keeping manning could and prob will hurt the colts in the long run. the money they save on manning could start to rebuild the team and transform the defense. sorry but as a fan OF THE COLTS and not just ONE PLAYER i rather the colts build for the future and let manning walk. and im pretty sure most fans of the COLTS and not just of manning but the whole team prob agree with me on this one

Maybe they think if the Colts don't draft Luck, that magically, it will regenerate PM's nerve.

or MAYBE they think that if we have a healthy Peyton next year and TRADE the pick, we can better retool the team in positions of need, and then take a QB in the next year's draft (one that we would also have multiple first round picks in, if we trade the #1 this year)

I am a very emotional fan. If Peyton plays and plays well all this crazy talk will go away. If we lose Peyton to another team he will kick our butts for the next 4 to 5 years and show everybody how crazy Irsay was for letting him walk. He even said he is flexible with his contract how do you let a player like this go????

or MAYBE they think that if we have a healthy Peyton next year and TRADE the pick, we can better retool the team in positions of need, and then take a QB in the next year's draft (one that we would also have multiple first round picks in, if we trade the #1 this year)

Are you willing to take that risk on trading the pick, without knowing if Peyton's nerve is back?

And if Peyton's nerve isn't back, are we relegated to the Painter/Collins/Orlovsky plan again?

I totally understand the sentiment for Peyton and the apprehension people might have about all the hype around Luck, but I truly feel this kid is going to be the real deal. He's got everything you want from a potential franchise QB. He's got the work ethic that Leaf and Jemarcus Russel didn't have and he doesn't have half the ego that Leaf & Russel had. I just really don't see the bust potential with this kid. The biggest thing he would have going against him is that all the "Manning Colts fans" will crucify this kid if he has a bad game, when in actuality the true Colts fans should stand behind the guy and give him support. Manning's rookie year was 3-13 with more INTs than TDs, he had a great second season and had a relapse in record in the 3rd year so it took him awhile to get the greatness going, Luck should be afforded the same patience that Manning was given. Let's not break this guy down before he would even be given a chance.

Irsay has said that he's taking a QB with the pick so I seriously doubt they trade it. Although it could be his way of getting teams to come off of more picks in an attempt to persuade him to trade out.

If Luck is our qb I will support him, shoot I supported Painter didn't I? :)

I just don't want it to be at the expense of Peyton. If he is 90 percent of the player he was he's still the best out there imo and I don't want him tossed aside or traded.

That would truly break my heart, as I'm sure it would many others. Peyton is my guy until he can't or doesn't want to be anymore. I'm truly hoping for a recovery.