Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you see getting cut.

Redbull

Who gets cut after the draft. After every draft  players get cut for verious reason. So i guess i am wondering what veteran player do u see getting cut that the colts may be able to pick up to help out. We won't fill all our needs in the draft and some good players are generally cut. Anyone you guys see getting cut that would help us fill more holes.

8 minutes ago, Redbull said:

Who gets cut after the draft. After every draft  players get cut for verious reason. So i guess i am wondering what veteran player do u see getting cut that the colts may be able to pick up to help out. We won't fill all our needs in the draft and some good players are generally cut. Anyone you guys see getting cut that would help us fill more holes.

Dorsett traded, David Parry Traded or cut

26 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

They need to be shopping him around now.

I'd be cool with that.   Especially after adding somebody like Malik Mcdowell into the rotation with everybody else.  I'm really hoping we can land Malik at some point.   Crossing my fingers.  I keep getting this weird feeling he may still be there in the third round.  It's just a feeling though.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'd be cool with that.   Especially after adding somebody like Malik Mcdowell into the rotation with everybody else.  I'm really hoping we can land Malik at some point.   Crossing my fingers.  I keep getting this weird feeling he may still be there in the third round.  It's just a feeling though.

I've seen Malik Mocked to us in the 2nd. Man if Ballard gets him, we might not have to worry about the offensive additions coming to the division.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I've seen Malik Mocked to us in the 2nd. Man if Ballard gets him, we might not have to worry about the offensive additions coming to the division.

I don't know what the outlook is at this point. I don't know how strong I feel that we'll take him in the 2nd.  I have a bit of a gut that's telling me he might be there in the 3rd, or maybe we can trade back up into the latter part of the 2nd round and scoop him. I'd love to have him bro.

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

How good is Malik out of 10? Haven't seen his film

8/10.

He was the only talented player on the Michigan State D-Line and routinely faced double and some times triple teams. But he still was disruptive from whatever position they lined him up at. Also worked Ryan Ramcyk this past season.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know what the outlook is at this point. I don't know how strong I feel that we'll take him in the 2nd.  I have a bit of a gut that's telling me he might be there in the 3rd, or maybe we can trade back up into the latter part of the 2nd round and scoop him. I'd love to have him bro.

Good God if we get both Malik's I'm gonna lose it lol 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Doesn't sound like a Ballard pick unless he gets some 1 on 1 time with him. 

Bob McGinn's (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) article had some good quotes. Not sure if link is allowed but shouldn't be hard to find via google.

3 hours ago, Redbull said:

i think that depends on what happens in the next 48 hours.  On the chopping block though would have to be Green and Dorsett.  

3 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Dorsett traded, David Parry Traded or cut

Dorsett is cheap and is progressing. There's no need to give up on the guy, especially when we won't get anything near in return that we paid to get him. Let him keep growing. The WR group needs all the competition it get right now. 

I still believe Green is going to be an integral part of the defense. He won't be a full time safety anymore but that doesn't mean he can't come in and be a nickel safety/corner in certain situations. He has the size and speed to match up with TE's, he just needs to continue getting the refinement. Geathers/Hooker/Green on the field won't be uncommon this up coming year in my opinion.

We're giving up on some of these guys way too early.

21 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Dorsett is cheap and is progressing. There's no need to give up on the guy, especially when we won't get anything near in return that we paid to get him. Let him keep growing. The WR group needs all the competition it get right now. 

He is competing with Chester Rogers for the 4th receiver slot.
And Rogers showed he can do fine.
  We paid for a VG return man and receiver. He isn`t a return man and is a iffy route runner that Lucky has trouble connecting with.
 But someone out there might still like him as a burner and we could turn what ever pick we got into a solid contributor in time.

55 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i think that depends on what happens in the next 48 hours.  On the chopping block though would have to be Green and Dorsett.  

I think we keep both of them as depth.   Too much invested in Green to throw him out after a year.  

22 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He is competing with Chester Rogers for the 4th receiver slot.
And Rogers showed he can do fine.
  We paid for a VG return man and receiver. He isn`t a return man and is a iffy route runner that Lucky has trouble connecting with.
 But someone out there might still like him as a burner and we could turn what ever pick we got into a solid contributor in time.

I'm not sure him "competing with Rodgers for the #4" is accurate. I'm still not sure Moncrief has the #2 spot solidified. 2-5 is wide open in my opinion. People still tend to forget the Reggie was very pedestrian his first 2 years and didn't start to bloom until year 3. 

I still agree with what Superman posted about Dorsett, sure he's had his flaws, but a bit of his issues are more to do with Luck flat out not seeing him and the way Chud is utilizing him. 

The only way any of our receivers get cut now is if we would have drafted Corey Davis, who was way out of reach for us.

Green gets cut, onll because he never should have been drafted in the 2nd last year and we'll add some cover corners with experience last year.

Unless we convert Hooker to CB, which is what GB did with Randall, who everybody raved about that year as a ballhawking FS.

4 hours ago, Finball said:

Really talented but some big questions when it comes to effort/character.

4 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Being a MSU guy, I have watched a lot of McDowell the past couple of seasons. The dude has top 10 physical talent. Before this past season where MSU fell off a cliff, he was projected to be a possible top 3 draft pick. He really is that good.

The problem with him is that he takes plays off. He did routinely face double teams this past year, but all too often he would clearly take the play off and not put forth 100%. Now maybe a motivational coach like Pagano is exactly what he needs. I would honestly be ecstatic if the Colts could get him tonight, because talent wise it would be a huge steal.

9 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Being a MSU guy, I have watched a lot of McDowell the past couple of seasons. The dude has top 10 physical talent. Before this past season where MSU fell off a cliff, he was projected to be a possible top 3 draft pick. He really is that good.

The problem with him is that he takes plays off. He did routinely face double teams this past year, but all too often he would clearly take the play off and not put forth 100%. Now maybe a motivational coach like Pagano is exactly what he needs. I would honestly be ecstatic if the Colts could get him tonight, because talent wise it would be a huge steal.

That's the problem that few see.  Attitude draws down athleticism to the point of making him JAG.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That's the problem that few see.  Attitude draws down athleticism to the point of making him JAG.

Yes, he would definitely be a "high risk/high reward" type pick. Because the problem with a guy like that is he can affect the rest of your defense with his attitude. However, if Pagano and the leaders on defense can turn that around, you potentially have another game-changer on defense along with Hooker and Davis.

8 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Yes, he would definitely be a "high risk/high reward" type pick. Because the problem with a guy like that is he can affect the rest of your defense with his attitude. However, if Pagano and the leaders on defense can turn that around, you potentially have another game-changer on defense along with Hooker and Davis.

He's a d lineman.  After the changes/additions made to the DL this offseason, it makes no sense to take a chance on a rookie DL when we still need to fill the holes we had after round 1.

Just now, DougDew said:

He's a d lineman.  After the changes/additions made to the DL this offseason, it makes no sense to take a chance on a rookie DL when we still need to fill the holes we had after round 1.

Certainly not going to argue there are bigger "needs" on the defense. But if McDowell is sitting there when the Colts pick next, it would be hard not to see him as the BPA at that point. We will see the limits of that philosophy with Ballard if he is.

10 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Certainly not going to argue there are bigger "needs" on the defense. But if McDowell is sitting there when the Colts pick next, it would be hard not to see him as the BPA at that point. We will see the limits of that philosophy with Ballard if he is.

I think every GM has the same philosophy.  They draft to fill needs and will draft a player who is within 10 slots of absolute BPA, maybe only 5 slots in round 1 because of the valuation.  Anything larger than that is a reach, but anything within 10 slots can be seen as BPA.

I think McDowell's attitude keeps him from being BPA before pick 80.  He won't be a Colt because other teams will take a gamble on his attitude because of need and will rank him higher. JMO

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Why does everyone seem to want McDowell?? He takes plays off and can be lazy.  Yes he can be a freak athlete but I want players who are going to give it each and every play.  Give me someone like Wilson or Jones in the second and Raekwon McMillan in the third.  I get Jones is hurt but he's also a steal because he would have been a top 10 pick.  He's young and will come back from that Achilles injury.  Then you have two top 10 talents in your secondary.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

lmao Green isn't on the chopping block.  You need at least four safeties and he's only in his second year.  The year in which players usually make their biggest jump.  He was raw last year and forced to play due to injury.  He'll sit and learn this year while Geathers plays inside linebacker and rotates to safety if we have an injury.  Dorset is on the chopping block though. 

14 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Why does everyone seem to want McDowell?? He takes plays off and can be lazy.  Yes he can be a freak athlete but I want players who are going to give it each and every play.  Give me someone like Wilson or Jones in the second and Raekwon McMillan in the third.  I get Jones is hurt but he's also a steal because he would have been a top 10 pick.  He's young and will come back from that Achilles injury.  Then you have two top 10 talents in your secondary.

Stop listening to myths and hearsay  and watch some film.    

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Stop listening to myths and hearsay  and watch some film.    

I'm a Purdue fan.  I've watched the film and he takes plays off..  there's a reason he didn't get drafted in the first even though he's got all the talent in the world.  Idk what film you're watching but it seems me and the gems of the NFL were watching the same film since he hasn't been drafted yet.

5 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I'm a Purdue fan.  I've watched the film and he takes plays off..  there's a reason he didn't get drafted in the first even though he's got all the talent in the world.  Idk what film you're watching but it seems me and the gems of the NFL were watching the same film since he hasn't been drafted yet.

Don't always be so eager to admit that :sarcasm:  ...... Even though I am too and alum, lol.

26 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

5 hours ago, Finball said:

Really talented but some big questions when it comes to effort/character.

5 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

When you are constantly being doubled and tripled teamed with 300+ lineman... well ya maybe he might have motor questions and taking plays off but really??? Probably came due to not being rotated out due to lack of talent and depth around him in college. With the current depth we have on the Dline I think Malik McDowell's motor concerns will be just fine. No need to worry, he is a great player that could also impact this D big time to go with Malik Hooker.  

Just now, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

lol I'm an alumni too and I'm not proud of our football team but, I've seen McDowell play and I don't like his effort.

Well... hopefully our new coach will change things for us.. I miss the Drew Breeze days.  When I went to school Jeff George was the starting QB.... first year after Jim Everett and what a mess that turned out to be.  If I remember right.... we routed Ball State like 17-3 :rock: that year.... then  JG got hurt and decided to go to Illinois.

Anyway... you are right.  I started out liking Malik but have since changed my mind.  He would be a good pick if we could guarantee that our coaches could change his attitude... I don't want anyone who can bring our locker room down or that is lazy.

5 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

When you are constantly being doubled and tripled teamed with 300+ lineman... well ya maybe he might have motor questions and taking plays off but really??? Probably came due to not being rotated out due to lack of talent and depth around him in college. With the current depth we have on the Dline I think Malik McDowell's motor concerns will be just fine. No need to worry, he is a great player that could also impact this D big time to go with Malik Hooker.  

Not saying it would be a bad pick but his motor concerns me.  Said the same thing about Rodgeway last year but I was ok with that pick because it was less risky.  Ridgeway had second to first round talent if I remember correctly but fell due to motor issues. 

59 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

He reportedly had been slacking in practice too, according to the scouts quoted in the McGinn article I mentioned earlier.

4 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Yeah, I don't get all the hate. Granted, he got drafted higher than he should've, but does that really mean he should be cut or have that hanging over his head for his entire tenure in Indy? It just seems really short-sighted and childish to me. As of right now, he's a solid WR3 with insane over the top big play ability, I just don't understand why, in this offense, we'd want to just kick someone with that type of ability to the curb.