Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts REALLY trying to win a SB with Luck?

bluephantom87

6 minutes ago, horseshoepower said:

"Was watching First Take this morning"

You lost me with this line, First Take the annoying show of people wasting 30 to 60 minutes yelling at each other about who the best player or best team is ...Did they run out of conversation for 5 seconds about Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, New England Patriots,  Los Angeles Lakers, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, to actually mention the Colts ?? 

ESPN will not ever quit ragging on the Colts. How dare the Colts turn in Brady and cause the bountygate issue? How dare the Colts question the integrity of the Patriots?

For years Michael Wilbon has had an issue with Irsay and it was apparent it was personal and went beyond just reporting on the NFL. Then add the fact of the complete disrespect for the Colts on First Take.

ESPN is a joke. It's sad because ESPN was once the place to go to stay informed about the NFL but now has turned into who gets face time and who can come up with the new catch phrase. It seems every show on ESPN has turned into nothing but argumentative nonsense. I don't even waist my time watching them anymore.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, horseshoepower said:

"Was watching First Take this morning"

You lost me with this line, First Take the annoying show of people wasting 30 to 60 minutes yelling at each other about who the best player or best team is ...Did they run out of conversation for 5 seconds about Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, New England Patriots,  Los Angeles Lakers, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, to actually mention the Colts ?? 

I agree and that was the point of WHY I tuned in because the topic was the Colts WITHOUT the tool known as Skip Bayless who had for whatever reason a hatred for Irsay and would diss Luck every chance he got because he had a man crush on RGIII.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It does seem a few always bring Pagano into threads that has absolutely nothing to do with the threads.

It's like they are possessed with Pagano and want to blame him for everything negative about the team.

Broken records get annoying haha

Hey crazycolt1... On this I disagree simply because I started this thread and Chuck was in it from the start because he was part of the FT debate. I do agree with you on the fact that ESPN has become VERY biased especially when it comes to the Colts and you don't know how many times that my wife had to tell me to chill because I became SO * with that nonsense about the team especially from that troll Skip. I'm at work when Wilbon is on so I don't know about his nonsense. Sometimes you just want to press a few of those guys but it wouldn't be fair!! :lol: In all seriousness I truly do wish that Chuck and his staff will take the team to the next level (contender status) sooner rather than later because the season is ALWAYS a blast when you win. :thmup: 

34 minutes ago, horseshoepower said:

RG3 I had forgotten about him, Just imagine had we beaten the Jaguars in the last game of 2011, we would of picked #2! I don't find any of the debate shows on ESPN worth watching, I miss NFL highlights with music on ESPN.

I could be wrong but I don't think the Colts would have taken RG3 had they had the second pick of that draft. I think they would have traded down had that happened.

Jim Harbaugh was our QB at the time so I think they would have resigned him and took the extra picks. JMO.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I could be wrong but I don't think the Colts would have taken RG3 had they had the second pick of that draft. I think they would have traded down had that happened.

Jim Harbaugh was our QB at the time so I think they would have resigned him and took the extra picks. JMO.

RGIII came out the same season as Luck and went number 2 overall behind Luck with Trent Richardson coming in at 3rd overall but Skip Bayless always ranted at the time that RGIII should've been picked number 1 overall OVER Luck because he would be much better.... I guess you can say he was WRONG because the Colts got it right like they did with Peyton over Leaf and Edge over Ricky Williams.  

17 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Hey crazycolt1... On this I disagree simply because I started this thread and Chuck was in it from the start because he was part of the FT debate. I do agree with you on the fact that ESPN has become VERY biased especially when it comes to the Colts and you don't know how many times that my wife had to tell me to chill because I became SO * with that nonsense about the team especially from that troll Skip. I'm at work when Wilbon is on so I don't know about his nonsense. Sometimes you just want to press a few of those guys but it wouldn't be fair!! :lol: In all seriousness I truly do wish that Chuck and his staff will take the team to the next level (contender status) sooner rather than later because the season is ALWAYS a blast when you win. :thmup: 

Sorry I wasn't referring to this specific thread, I was just speaking in general.

I should have been more specific in my comment.

Wilbon was just as much a troll IMO than Skip was about Luck and the Colts.

Whenever the Colts were brought up on Pardon the Interruption Wilbon would rant about what a bad owner Irsay is. Always the sly remarks about Jim's drug use and how he didn't deserve being an owner. IMO it was worse than the man crush that Skip had on RG3.

On a different note Skip was a great journalist before he got a camera stuck in his face. He even won a few awards for his work believe it or not.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry I wasn't referring to this specific thread, I was just speaking in a general.

I should have been more specific in my comment.

Wilbon was just as much a troll IMO than Skip was about Luck and the Colts.

Whenever the Colts were brought up on Pardon the Interruption Wilbon would rant about what a bad owner Irsay is. Always the sly remarks about Jim's drug use and how he didn't deserve being an owner. IMO it was worse than the man crush that Skip had on RG3.

On a different note Skip was a great journalist before he got a camera stuck in his face. He even won a few awards for his work believe it or not.

That's cool... and as far as Skip goes I guess fame and the lens have created a monster because some of his opinions are so over the top. Smh about Wilbon because just a few years back in the Manning era it was always about the Colts and Pats as the model franchises in football with Kraft and Irsay as the best owners. I know Jim's legacy is better than his father's but that one mistake will always stick with him no matter how much good he does and that's a shame...

On 3/29/2017 at 2:54 PM, Superman said:

giphy.gif

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

embarrased.gif

giphy.gif

You guys are adults with a children's mentality. Don't like what you read why reply? I will be praying for most of you. No need to take time out of your day to bash someone's thread every little chance you get. 

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

mijNCh.gif

5 hours ago, a06cc said:

You guys are adults with a children's mentality. Don't like what you read why reply? I will be praying for most of you. No need to take time out of your day to bash someone's thread every little chance you get. 

It's not an attempt to bash someone's thread every chance we get. It's that this exact thread has been posted multiple times since FA started this season, as well as the same posts being strewn about through other threads. WE GET IT!

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I believe this is the portion he was questioning, mainly because in 2012, Jim Harbaugh was coaching the 49ers....

11 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

10-6 I think would give the team a shot at the division but even 9-7 would be trending upward. I agreed with you last season on some of your displeasure with Chuck and some of his coaching decisions at times. Once the season ended and Grigson was released while Chuck was retained I had no choice but to root for Chuck in the upcoming season simply because IF Chuck shines the team will be better for it.

I mostly agree with this. I think with some slight adjustments, the Colts could have won 11 games last year. That's troubling, because I don't think the adjustments are major or hard to see, yet we didn't make them, so I wonder if the coaching staff we have can make them going forward (and honestly, I'm not confident, but we'll see). 

It's also encouraging. For as bad as the team played at times, and for the obvious roster deficiencies, they still weren't far off from winning the division. It's not out of reach at all. 

6 hours ago, a06cc said:

b50cc2a5606e538fecda6df1b2d1263faa7fbcc9

Thanks for the prayers, though.

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

I mostly agree with this. I think with some slight adjustments, the Colts could have won 11 games last year. That's troubling, because I don't think the adjustments are major or hard to see, yet we didn't make them, so I wonder if the coaching staff we have can make them going forward (and honestly, I'm not confident, but we'll see). 

It's also encouraging. For as bad as the team played at times, and for the obvious roster deficiencies, they still weren't far off from winning the division. It's not out of reach at all. 

No doubt that with a few upgrades and a healthy Luck, along with fixing some of last year's mistakes, we don't lose those close one score games. Left Detroit, both Houston, and Jax in London on the table last year. That's the difference right there. Gotta be closers.

On 3/29/2017 at 1:34 PM, bluephantom87 said:

Was watching First Take this morning (Wed 3/29/17) debating on Irsay's comment for the fans in Indy to be patient and that Chuck doesn't "per say" have to win this season to keep his job. Really? I like some of the moves Ballard has done so far by getting rid of some dead weight with the team such as big money Jones and Allen, a declining Jackson and a putrid McNary while retaining Doyle and Butler but I'm NOT a fan of all the 2nd and 3rd tier type of players brought in through FA. The new motto is now QUANTITY over QUALITY. This team STILL lacks PLAYMAKERS on defense. Maybe one or two of the players can come in and ball out but it puts more pressure on Ballard to knock it out the park in the draft to find those playmakers but then you're left with Chuck (who should've been released also) to develop them.

I'm of the mindset like most that the time is now for Luck in a weak but fast improving afc south. Like Pats owner Robert Kraft said you strive for the top EVERY year to give yourself a shot because nothing is promised ESPECIALLY with injuries. I'm not saying the Colts need to break the bank in FA at all but instead of signing seven or eight 2nd and 3rd tier type of players try mixing in one or two playmakers on defense. This whole notion of the Colts being in rebuild mode with the same subpar coach who was part of the problem in the first place is doing Luck no favor. Ballard is following Grigson as ANOTHER first time gm on the job tied to the hip with Chuck and only time will tell if he can do a better job than Grigs who by the way won the executive of the year in his first season but proved to be subpar as the talent level declined over the years. Now Colt fans will have to endure another season under Chuck (maybe more) and face a strong possibility of being in the cellar of the afc south with Andrew Luck at qb... :facepalm:

Image result for geesh gif

4 hours ago, Shive said:

It's not an attempt to bash someone's thread every chance we get. It's that this exact thread has been posted multiple times since FA started this season, as well as the same posts being strewn about through other threads. WE GET IT!

I believe this is the portion he was questioning, mainly because in 2012, Jim Harbaugh was coaching the 49ers....

I made a mistake with that comment. I meant to say Manning. He was still under contract if you remember.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

I totally agree. That's what drove me nuts about Chuck but maybe with better players he won't need to make many adjustments and I don't believe the division is out of reach either.

6 hours ago, Shive said:

And yes it is. Again don't like what you read, why reply? It is childish for you guys to sit here and bash someone. If they made a mistake in their post then that's your right to correct them in a adult manner. Not that gif or saying "another stupid thread" We're all Colts fans here and this should be a family enivorment.

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Um,  What?  Harbaugh was a head coach when the colts drafted luck

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Manning wasn't under contract at the time of the draft

Manning was under contract and collected millions of dollars the year before for taking zero snaps. He was released from his contract and cut after Luck was drafted.

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Manning was under contract and collected millions of dollars the year before for taking zero snaps. He was released from his contract and cut after Luck was drafted.

He was not cut after luck was drafted.  He was cut before luck was drafted

14 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Max Kellerman stands up for Luck all the time on that show. If Stephen A Smith was let go, that program would improve 10 fold, but I digress...

We all miss Skip don't we? :sarcasm:. I have yet to watch Skip's new show once on Fox. He and Sharpe go at it there. I tend to watch First Take at times because I like debate but half the stuff they spew has me shaking my head. Max loves Luck by the way and sticks up for him.

21 hours ago, a06cc said:

And yes it is. Again don't like what you read, why reply? It is childish for you guys to sit here and bash someone. If they made a mistake in their post then that's your right to correct them in a adult manner. Not that gif or saying "another stupid thread" We're all Colts fans here and this should be a family enivorment.

This is the stupidest garbage I've seen on this forum.

On 3/31/2017 at 1:13 PM, bababooey said:

No doubt that with a few upgrades and a healthy Luck, along with fixing some of last year's mistakes, we don't lose those close one score games. Left Detroit, both Houston, and Jax in London on the table last year. That's the difference right there. Gotta be closers.

You know how you feel when you wake up from a nap on Saturday afternoon, well maybe you don't but imagine if you did, that cloud is how it seems when the Colts started most of those games.... in a haze, a sort of state of mind of not really comprehending what is going on around them momentarily (like the whole first 1/4).

That would be a good problem to work on.  Fix it and some of those games were not close.... so being good closers, but also good starters too could easily have changed how last season ended.  It seems simple enough.