Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, KB said:

It took 17 pages but the subject somehow found its way in lol.

It's funny. A month or so back, you could have convinced me to take Cook in the 1st.

Now? I can not freaking wait for him to be drafted by some other team just to spite all the Dalvin drones that can't go one thread without proposing the Colts have a firesale to bring him on board.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually we didn't. It's a new GM and he was interested in guys like Zeitler, Jeffrey and Perry. I thought we'd get one of them.

You have no idea if he was interested in them or not.   Just because something is posted on Twitter doesn't make it true.  All of those guys got over paid

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm sure Ballard reached out, asking prices were insane, just look at Bouye's contract. Is he really that good, or did the Texans front 7 just make him appear that good?

I'm fine with not overpaying. Just want us to atleast be seriously interested in these starting players. Even if we don't do anything this FA, I'll still trust Ballard. Will be sad if we don't get Poe or Williams though lol. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

You have no idea if he was interested in them or not.   Just because something is posted on Twitter doesn't make it true.  All of those guys got over paid

I do have an idea that we only signed a punter, and I do have an idea that we have to spend at least 89% of our salary cap. I also have an idea that is how Grigson did things and it's upsetting me that we are repeating that mistake 6 years into a rebuild. Everyone gets overpaid in FA, so we're not special.

Just now, krunk said:

When you get told pretty bluntly that we are "Following the Green Bay Model", why is everybody walking around like chickens with their heads cut off expecting all these big signings?

Yuup. We are building through the draft. The draft will be our highlight of the offseason. 

I do hope we can get a NT through FA though. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I do have an idea that we only signed a punter, and I do have an idea that we have to spend at least 89% of our salary cap. I also have an idea that is how Grigson did things and it's upsetting me that we are repeating that mistake 6 years into a rebuild. Everyone gets overpaid in FA, so we're not special.

Based on the contracts we know all of the top guys got, who should we have brought in at those numbers?

Just now, krunk said:

When you get told pretty bluntly that we are "Following the Green Bay Model", why is everybody walking around like chickens with their heads cut off expecting all these big signings?

We don't have a team anywhere near as good as green bay overall, and we will also not get a handful of compensatory picks for our FA's and not signing FA's. Just copying them at this point isn't anywhere near as effective as what they've been doing for a decade.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I'm out until we land a big time baller then I'll be back to be all like, In your face LOL. Peace for the moment brothers

Hope you didnt go out and buy all those new jerseys...    Well that's not true I hope you did

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

1st  We don't have to spend 89 % this year

2nd. There are a bunch of holes that need filled,  You can't sign a couple of guys to huge contracts and fill all the needs.

3rd  Ballard said he wasn't going to be a huge player in big free agency contracts. 

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

Huh?

Jdubu said "If you don't like my post, then don't read it."  

You said: "Anything yo usay on a public forum is subject to criticism."  

I was just making the joke to you about what Jdubu said.  He told you not to read a post if you don't like it...well how the heck can you know a post is stupid until you read it?  I just always think its funny when people say don't read my post if you don't like it, because tha'ts impossible.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Based on the contracts we know all of the top guys got, who should we have brought in at those numbers?

Zeitler. He is young enough, and the draft is weak enough at G, where a top G could of been our 1 big signing and we get away with it. We also don't know how Mewhort's health will hold up and if we keep him next year. Would of been a win-win all around.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It sounds like your expectations were pretty high coming into today, and I have no idea why that would've been the case. Ballard is on record multiple times saying that he wouldn't go ham in FA, and this is nothing like what Grigson did. Not even remotely.

Zeitler. He is young enough, and the draft is weak enough at G, where a top G could of been our 1 big signing and we get away with it. We also don't know how Mewhort's health will hold up and if we keep him next year. Would of been a win-win all around.

Give a guard left tackle money?  

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

1st  We don't have to spend 89 % this year

2nd. There are a bunch of holes that need filled,  You can't sign a couple of guys to huge contracts and fill all the needs.

3rd  Ballard said he wasn't going to be a huge player in big free agency contracts. 

If we don't have to spend 89% this year, are owners just holding on to money like baseball and refusing to spend now? There is a salary cap and rules on how to spend to keep everything fair. We won't fill every hole whether we sign 2 FA's or 5, this isn't a 1 year rebuild this year. 3 may be true, but you still have to spend the cap, whether it be on top tier FA's or low tier, this isn't baseball. We're basically repeating Grigson's strategy.

If we don't have to spend 89% this year, are owners just holding on to money like baseball and refusing to spend now? There is a salary cap and rules on how to spend to keep everything fair. We won't fill every hole whether we sign 2 FA's or 5, this isn't a 1 year rebuild this year. 3 may be true, but you still have to spend the cap, whether it be on top tier FA's or low tier, this isn't baseball. We're basically repeating Grigson's strategy.

Free agency started an hour ago.    There is middle ground between the guys that get heavily over paid,  and bottom tier guys.    There are plenty of pretty good football players available

14 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Yuup. We are building through the draft. The draft will be our highlight of the offseason. 

I do hope we can get a NT through FA though. 

I'm sure we'll sign somebody in FA but I can't say I'm surprised we've mostly resigned our own.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

There are 2 now.

There will be a lot more over the next few years.....  but as of right now?  Kyle Long and David DeCastro make 10M per, Osemele 11.7 per, and Zeitler 12 per.  Bar's been set.  Not sure why anyone of their caliber going forward would be paid any less?  Hell, Leary just got signed for 8.7 per, and that was after a year of being a backup... albeit on a stacked line.

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We don't have a team anywhere near as good as green bay overall, and we will also not get a handful of compensatory picks for our FA's and not signing FA's. Just copying them at this point isn't anywhere near as effective as what they've been doing for a decade.

I think the guys who study this team far more regularly than we do can better make that judgement.   I mean we're like one day into this thing so slow ya roll bro.

Just now, Shafty138 said:

There will be a lot more over the next few years.....  but as of right now?  Kyle Long and David DeCastro make 10M per, Osemele 11.7 per, and Zeitler 12 per.  Bar's been set.  Not sure why anyone of their caliber going forward would be paid any less?  Hell, Leary just got signed for 8.7 per, and that was after a year of being a backup... albeit on a stacked line.

TJ Lang will probably get in the neighborhood of that as well.