Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It has but Princeton and Gibson County is surrounded or crisscrosses by the White, Patoka, and Wabash Rivers with the Mighty Ohio only 30 miles away

I see. Is everything okay with you and your family (home, property, etc.)?

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I see. Is everything okay with you and your family (home, property, etc.)?

Since we live on the largest hill in the County flooding is not an issue but our lake and frog pond are at the banks

I t was in weather very similar to this that we nearly lost our lake

37 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Since we live on the largest hill in the County flooding is not an issue but our lake and frog pond are at the banks

I t was in weather very similar to this that we nearly lost our lake

Probably like 7 or 8 years ago ? We got 8 inches of rain in one night , I was at work when I left at 7 am it took me till 11 am to make it home 17 miles away because all roads were flooded and shut down including US41 , I made it through the honey creek bridge just before State police shut it down , 5 min later water was flowing across bridge. Finally made it home after several routes taken just to turn around. Went to a bridge on state road 246 and actually watched a bridge washed away about a quarter mile from my house. 

16 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Probably like 7 or 8 years ago ? We got 8 inches of rain in one night , I was at work when I left at 7 am it took me till 11 am to make it home 17 miles away because all roads were flooded and shut down including US41 , I made it through the honey creek bridge just before State police shut it down , 5 min later water was flowing across bridge. Finally made it home after several routes taken just to turn around. Went to a bridge on state road 246 and actually watched a bridge washed away about a quarter mile from my house. 

It was when I was in middle school that we nearly lost the lake. The entire family(My Grandmother was still alive) had to get out in the rain and drain the excess water(lost a lot of fish) before the dam had to be fortified and drainage system improved

I remember the storm you were talking about

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It was when I was in middle school when we nearly lost the lake. The entire family(My Grandmother was still alive) had to get out in the rain and drain the excess water(lost a lot of fish) before the dam had to be fortified and drainage system improved

I remember the storm you were talking about

Yes even ditches became rivers

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everything is lovely with me, I have great sports knowledge, good health, and make good money. Cubs are the World Champs and my Mother is healthy. It's all good my friend.

4 of those 5 things are indeed good. One stands out as bad though. Need those Cubs to go on another 100+ year run without a world series! :) 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

4 of those 5 things are indeed good. One stands out as bad though. Need those Cubs to go on another 100+ year run without a world series! :) 

Nah I want a Repeat, yesterday was a sure punch in the gut. Cubs really dominated that game and I never thought at one time they would lose. That HR by Gardner was shocking but that is Baseball!

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everything is lovely with me, I have great sports knowledge, good health, and make good money. Cubs are the World Champs and my Mother is healthy. It's all good my friend.

That made me laugh for some reason. Good to see you did not add :sarcasm: to it.

Seriously, glad to read all of that. You do come across like all is fine. :)

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah I want a Repeat, yesterday was a sure punch in the gut. Cubs really dominated that game and I never thought at one time they would lose. That HR by Gardner was shocking but that is Baseball!

One of my best friends is a Marlin fan, and that game where Zeigler gave up 5 runs yesterday was even worse. Your game was just bad luck, that one was crazy lol. Cubs will be fine. Not saying they will get back to the world series again, but they should slowly gain on the division as the year advances.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

That made me laugh for some reason. Good to see you did not add :sarcasm: to it. Glad to read all of that. You do come across like all is fine. :)

I really don't have many complaints, I guess if I was Hue Hefner I would be happier :sarcasm: there is my sign. Nah everything in my life is actually pretty good, my parents are healthy, I feel ok just a little out of shape, make decent money, Cubs are the Champs, Colts have Luck and I like Ballard.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't have many complaints, I guess if I was Hue Hefner I would be happier :sarcasm: there is my sign. Nah everything in my life is actually pretty good, my parents are healthy, I feel ok just a little out of shape, make decent money, Cubs are the Champs, Colts have Luck and I like Ballard.

START WORKING OUT! You'll never achieve true happiness if you aren't 100% healthy. FEEL THE BURN!!!!!

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

START WORKING OUT! You'll never achieve true happiness if you aren't 100% healthy. FEEL THE BURN!!!!!

I used to run miles and miles, just getting old my friend. I probably need to get back into some kind of routine on the treadmill and just do a fast walk for a while to burn calories and get healthier.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What defines a Teams character is if they wollow in it or get back up and go on about business. They have to realize its one game and move on.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I used to run miles and miles, just getting old my friend. I probably need to get back into some kind of routine on the treadmill and just do a fast walk for a while to burn calories and get healthier.

I need to lose 20 pounds myself. Am 5'9, 180 pounds. Could stand to lose 20 pounds. Have gotten really lazy lately. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though. Just stopped working out after high school and college. At 29 now, it caught up a bit.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

What defines a Teams character is if they wollow in it or get back up and go on about business. They have to realize it one game and move on.

I agree, losses never seem to bother the Cubs, this Cubs team anyway. They were so resilient last season in the Playoffs. Yesterdays loss made me a bit mad but things like that happen. I shouldn't complain as the Cubs had everything go right in the WS when it counted. 

24 minutes ago, GOZER said:

PULL HIM NOW!!!!!!!  This Anderson experiment needs to be over, absolutely terrible.

Down 3-0 already top of the first!!!

Yeah I am not sure why Maddon ever made him a starter. I didn't see it coming before the season. He just isn't good, I figured he would've rolled with Montgomery over him. This is looking like the Cubs about to drop 2 in a row to the Ultimate Franchise. We are the Champs but they are the Kings in the history of the game. The Yankees have a Very Good team this season.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am not sure why Maddon ever made his a starter. I didn't see it coming before the season. He just isn't good, I figured he would've rolled with Montgomery over him. This is looking like the Cubs about to drop 2 in a row to the Ultimate Franchise. We are the Champs but they are the Kings in the history of the game. The Yankees have a Very Good team this season.

I don't disagree with your last statement but.....I'm counting my blessings so far this season. It's a LONG season.

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

He gave up his share of hits. Yanks just ran themselves out of a couple of innings & committed a few costly errors. Cubs only had like 4 hits.

Yeah the Cubs didn't deserve to win that game yesterday. Justice was served

4 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

He gave up his share of hits. Yanks just ran themselves out of a couple of innings & committed a few costly errors. Cubs only had like 4 hits.

2 of them were HR's though and the Cubs played clutch Defense all day to stop any threats the Yankees had. Rondon is just inconsistent. I don't trust our Bullpen at all. I do like Davis but he isn't Chap.

35 minutes ago, GOZER said:

PULL HIM NOW!!!!!!!  This Anderson experiment needs to be over, absolutely terrible.

Down 3-0 already top of the first!!!

That was ugly...

..a question...was their something with Matt Szuzur....I thought he was high quality bench guy who didn't mind being a bench guy

..'designated for assignment' means anyone can get him right?  Even the Cardinals?

..why did they do that?  Anybody know?

Oh. No.  Mets SS Asdrubal Cabrera is in a lot of pain after diving for a ball. Looks like he dislocated a finger or hurt his wrist. We have so many players with injuries.

And now we have a rain delay. It should have come a pitch earlier. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Rain in NY. I hope we don't get another rainout. Mets leading 5-1 in the top of the 3rd.

Yeah that rule needs to be changed, Mets could get screwed 2 days in a row. I posted earlier that at least the Playoffs are different, if a game gets suspended before the 5th is completed in the Playoffs, the MLB just resumes where it left off.

Archived