Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asdrubal Cabrera got hurt last night and may go on the DL. That may be a good thing.

The Mets are always hesitant to bring up their prospects. The #1 prospect in their farm system is arguably the best player in the minors. He, Amed Rosario, is described as a "defensive whiz". I love pitching, defense and timely hitting. Many are reporting that Rosario will finally be brought up to the majors. I hope that is true. I can't wait to see him.

https://www.amazinavenue.com/platform/amp/2017/4/12/15276224/mets-amed-rosario-best-top-prospect-keith-law

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

With Asdrubal Cabrera getting hurt last night, he may go on the DL. That may be a good thing.

The Mets are always hesitant to bring up their prospects. The #1 prospect in their farm system is arguably the best player in the minors. He, Amed Rosario is described as a "defensive whiz". I love pitching, defense and timely hitting. Many are reporting that he will finally be brought up to the majors. I hope that is true. I can't wait to see him.

https://www.amazinavenue.com/platform/amp/2017/4/12/15276224/mets-amed-rosario-best-top-prospect-keith-law

They might as well because they need a spark. That division race is already over but the season obviously isn't. Can't be hesitant to bring up your #1 prospect. Bring some excitement to the Mets. Set New York a buzz

Speaking of prospects, who are some of the top players in your respective favorite teams' farm systems?

I found Eloy Jimenez for the Cubs. 

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/platform/amp/2017/1/31/14455560/cubs-top-prospects-ranked-espn-keith-law-eloy-jimenez-ian-happ-jose-albertos

Gleyber Torres for the Yankees. He was a Cubs prospect. Was he traded away in the Chapman deal? 

https://yanksgoyard.com/2017/04/14/yankees-gleyber-torres-progress/amp/

Besides Rosario, Law has Mets prospect Dominic Smith at 22nd best prospect. 

White Sox???

Cardinals?

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2017/1/15/14278042/viva-el-birdos-2017-top-prospects-list-part-six-wrapping-it-up-cardinals-minor-league

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

They might as well because they need a spark. That division race is already over but the season obviously isn't. Can't be hesitant to bring up your #1 prospect. Bring some excitement to the Mets. Set New York a buzz

Yeah it's going to be tough for anyone to catch Washington, the Mets could still get a WildCard though. I know that sounds silly because we have 130 games to go but unless Washington falls off a cliff I cant see them winning less than 95 games.

9 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I agree. (I too am out of "Likes" haha)

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it's going to be tough for anyone to catch Washington, the Mets could still get a WildCard though. I know that sounds silly because we have 130 games to go but unless Washington falls off a cliff I cant see them winning less than 95 games.

Nationals are on a tear. They're probably gonna have the best record in the NL. But as we all know, the postseason is the demon for certain teams. Definitely been the case with the Nationals

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Nationals are on a tear. They're probably gonna have the best record in the NL. But as we all know, the postseason is the demon for certain teams. Definitely been the case with the Nationals

Yeah their PostSeason struggles are puzzling. They get ousted early every season, maybe it will change this season if they do indeed win the Division and have HFA.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah their PostSeason struggles are puzzling. They get ousted early every season, maybe it will change this season if they do indeed win the Division and have HFA.

I think it was only last year. The year before they did not make the playoffs and they fired the manager, Matt Williams. I cannot recall if they made the playoffs the year before that.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am out as well. lmao 

I hate being out of them. When they are replenished, I have a few to get back to. 

How do 50 "Likes" go so fast? We all like each other too much, no pun intended. :P

Just now, NFLfan said:

I think it was only last year. The year before they did not make the playoffs and they fired the manager, Matt Williams. I cannot recall if they made the playoffs the year before that.

Yeah they made it the year before and same thing happened. I will have to go back and look but I think the Giants beat them early in 2014. 2015 they did miss the Playoffs, last season Dodgers beat them early.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Yes they have been over .500  since 2012 

The Nats have been known for shocking leadership changeovers

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes they have been over .500  since 2012 

The Nats have been known for shocking leadership changeovers

They are on a different level this year. Harper is a veteran now. They have Murph. Zimmerman looks great. Strausberg is no longer a kid. I remember a few years ago, they just shut him down even though he was not injured. 

The Nats are loaded with talent.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they made it the year before and same thing happened. I will have to go back and look but I think the Giants beat them early in 2014. 2015 they did miss the Playoffs, last season Dodgers beat them early.

Okay.

Just now, NFLfan said:

They are on a different level this year. Harper is a veteran now. They have Murph. Zimmerman looks great. Strausberg is no longer a kid. I remember a few years ago, they just shut him down even though he was not injured. 

The Nats are loaded with talent.

Dusty will find a way 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Dusty will find a way 

To win or to lose?

I like Dusty. Everywhere he has gone, they have improved (Giants, Cubs, Reds, now Nats), but they have not been able to win it all.

I don't know what happened but they are reporting on the radio that my Mets have suspended Matt Harvey without pay "for violation of team rules". He was supposed to start today.

Get rid of the guy, please.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know what happened but they are reporting on the radio that my Mets have suspended Matt Harvey without pay "for violation of team rules". He was supposed to start today.

Yeah it is for an undisclosed violation. Nobody knows why.

I don't know what happened but they are reporting on the radio that my Mets have suspended Matt Harvey without pay for violation of team rules. He was supposed to start today.

No news on why he was suspended

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

A lot of the players are different now. And of course, the coaching staff is different.  

Since we're highlighting Nationals playoff disappointments, this one is relevant as well. Shouldn't have lost that series

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it is for an undisclosed violation. Nobody knows why.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

No news on why he was suspended

Someone thought that perhaps it was because he may have attended the Rangers (hockey) playoff game but I believe that game was taking place at the same time as the Mets game. If he was not in the dugout yesterday, someone would have said something.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Someone thought that perhaps it was because he may have attended the Rangers (hockey) playoff game but I believe that game was taking place at the same time as the Mets game. If he was not in the dugout yesterday, someone would have said something.

Was Wilk with the team already

I just checked. The Rangers game was at 3pm. So, he may have attended it.

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Adam Wilk his replacement starter

41 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Was Wilk with the team already

I think he was with the team already because I hear that the suspension started yesterday.

Fans are ticked off that the Mets did not report this until today. Fans bought tickets to the game and will pay lots for food and parking to see Adam Wilk pitch, not Harvey. At least it is a nice day.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think he was with the team already because I hear that the suspension started yesterday.

Fans are ticked off that the Mets did not report this until today. Fans bought tickets to the game and will pay lots for food and parking to see Adam Wilk pitch, not Harvey. At least it is a nice day.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Mets FO is having a great track record lately

This Harvey thing, whatever it was, seems to have greatly affected the team. They are down 6-0. The pitcher subbing for Harvey did not have it. The team had been hitting well lately, scoring an average of 8 runs per game in the last week. Facing a pitcher making his first start, Mets hitters are hitless after 5 innings. There is still time but they seem flat.

Who wants to trade for Harvey? Who needs pitching?

Still out of likes from last night , seen a few comments up through here I would like .Cards up 4 to 0 3rd inning its looking like the Cubs may be faced with a must win to hold on to first place plus the Reds may win as well before tonights  Cubs Yankees matchup.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

DYK 

A League of Their of Their Own was filmed in the Tri-State

Evansville's Bosse Field and Huntingburg's League Stadium were used for much of the Baseball Action in the movie

The Kid who played Stilwell was from Posey County

Yes that's a fact I knew but most wont.

Archived