Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that rule needs to be changed, Mets could get screwed 2 days in a row. I posted earlier that at least the Playoffs are different, if a game gets suspended before the 5th is completed in the Playoffs, the MLB just resumes where it left off.

I remember when you proposed that. I like it. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Oh. No.  Mets SS Asdrubal Cabrera is in a lot of pain after diving for a ball. Looks like he dislocated a finger or hurt his wrist. We have so many players with injuries.

And now we have a rain delay. It should have come a pitch earlier. 

Damn. Your team can't catch a break. I hope he doesn't have to miss any time.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That was ugly...

..a question...was their something with Matt Szuzur....I thought he was high quality bench guy who didn't mind being a bench guy

..'designated for assignment' means anyone can get him right?  Even the Cardinals?

..why did they do that?  Anybody know?

Making room for a LHP, Zastryzny. Hate to see him go, awesome bench guy!!!!

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember when you proposed that. I like it. 

Yeah I am glad the Playoffs rule is different. It would suck if a team was up 8-0 and rain came in a 4th Inning and it couldn't get completed that night. MLB changed that rule back in 2011 that all games will resume where it left off the day after. I wish the Regular Season was the same but because of scheduling issues they probably wont change it in the Regular Season because teams play every day for the most part on a hectic schedule.

3 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Damn. Your team can't catch a break. I hope he doesn't have to miss any time.

Let's hope not. 

Btw, I liked your comment in that thread in the Colts section where you talked about your brother. I suggested that you ask your sister-in-law for the helmet. 

I will be in the Nashua, NH area the weekend of June 4th. My nephew is graduating from high school there.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Cubs were outhit 11-4 and Pineda gave up just 3 hits in 6 innings. He outpitched Hendricks and shouldn't have even had a chance of being saddled with a loss

A lot of teams get out hit, Hendricks didn't allow any runs, Pineda gave up a HR. The Cubs very much deserved to win IMO.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of teams get out hit, Hendricks didn't allow any runs, Pineda gave up a HR. The Cubs very much deserved to win IMO.

It's like saying a team that gets 1 or 2 hits deserves to win a game. That's not true at all

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am not sure why Maddon ever made him a starter. I didn't see it coming before the season. He just isn't good, I figured he would've rolled with Montgomery over him. This is looking like the Cubs about to drop 2 in a row to the Ultimate Franchise. We are the Champs but they are the Kings in the history of the game. The Yankees have a Very Good team this season.

Anderson was made a starter because of his injury history and the fact he had trouble getting ready quickly

Dylan Covey is not winning me over. He's already given up 7 hits and 4 runs in 2 innings of work. This was my concern about the White Sox. Playing outside the division. The only two teams they've played outside the AL Central are Yankees and Orioles. Yes those teams are really good but it doesn't give me hope either

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Anderson was made a starter because of his injury history and the fact he had trouble getting ready quickly

He left tonight's game with a back problem. I'm sure what ever it was effected his pitching tonight. Was his original injury a back issue?

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It's like saying a team that gets 1 or 2 hits deserves to win a game. That's not true at all

That's your opinion.....My opinion is the team that "deserves" a win is the one who did enough to keep the score in their favor at the end. Does a team who only gets a couple of hits but their pitcher throws a no-hitter deserve to win? 

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

That's your opinion.....My opinion is the team that "deserves" a win is the one who did enough to keep the score in their favor at the end. Does a team who only gets a couple of hits but their pitcher throws a no-hitter deserve to win? 

A no hitter is different because it's a no hitter

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yes and No, it really depends on the situation. Obviously a lot of luck is involved in Baseball so if a team has like 15 hits but they keep leaving runners on and the other team has 1 hit and it's a HR and that team wins 1-0 then I agree. Cubs actually had 2 HR's and the Yankees really only had 2 Innings where they threatened to do damage before the 9th. Your OP said the Cubs didn't deserve to win, I just disagree with that comment. It's not like the Yankees were knocking the cover off the ball. 

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

He left tonight's game with a back problem. I'm sure what ever it was effected his pitching tonight. Was his original injury a back issue?

Was it a back injury or a backside injury due to the Yanks repeatedly kickin his butt?

Seriously, I hope he's ok, just not a fan. He may have hurt himself when he terribly short hopped the bunt to first.

3 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Was it a back injury or a backside injury due to the Yanks repeatedly kickin his butt?

Seriously, I hope he's ok, just not a fan. He may have hurt himself when he terribly short hopped the bunt to first.

Injuries has plagued his career

6 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Yeah, I thought he threw that one very awkwardly. I don't wish back pain or back problems on my worst enemy.

I've had serious back issues in my past & it's not pleasant.

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yeah, I thought he threw that one very awkwardly. I don't wish back pain or back problems on my worst enemy.

You and me both bud, thank God for good Chiropractors!!!!

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards up 4-0 in the 5th Leake pitching well yet again and the bats not showing any sign's of going back to sleep.

Reds are looking good too. They are up 11-2 in the 5th.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Reds are looking good too. They are up 11-2 in the 5th.

I tell ya man, the Reds have surprised me. Not only do they have some pitching but they have bats as well. That has always been their problem was the hitting. Not looking like much of a problem so far

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

You and me both bud, thank God for good Chiropractors!!!!

6 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Believe me I feel your pain .

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Chiropractors couldn't help me but I know they've helped many others.

Mines at least delayed the inevitable....I've abused my back all my life and my job now certainly doesn't help....I'll have to pay the piper at some point.

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I tell ya man, the Reds have surprised me. Not only do they have some pitching but they have bats as well. That has always been their problem was the hitting. Not looking like much of a problem so far

Don't sleep on the Reds. One of my surprise teams to make some noise before this season is over.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I used to think they had good hitters in Votto, Bruce, Phillips and others. Phillips is in the top 5 in batting average this year with the Braves. 

Archived