Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

Cards within 1 game of the Brew Crew.   I'm still not to confident with this line up.   Only 5 players are hitting over .250 and Molina is out.  I expect Goldschmidt and Arenado to get it going soon.   The pitching finally got their team ERA under 4.   They have been better in the past week or so.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I keep waiting for the league to go to a machine that determines balls and strikes. That is the only way Umps can determine a game as of now since we have replay. They usually get replay right 99% of the time. You would still need a Ump behind the plate to call safe or out at home but a machine could be placed several feet behind the Ump to overrule what a Ump calls. A machine would be 100% accurate.

They are testing strike zone at lower levels, basically someone buzzes down strike or ball. And the replay system isn't working as its been terrible this year with so many missed calls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 7:33 AM, Myles said:

Cards within 1 game of the Brew Crew.   I'm still not to confident with this line up.   Only 5 players are hitting over .250 and Molina is out.  I expect Goldschmidt and Arenado to get it going soon.   The pitching finally got their team ERA under 4.   They have been better in the past week or so.  

 

Cardinals tied for first and have won 8 of their last 10.  Bats are heating up and pitching has improved...even Carlos Martinez is pitching well of late.  Bader is back and hitting well since his return.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cubs sweep double header today over the struggling Dodgers. Cubs now improve to 14-16 on the season and move into 3rd place in the NL Central %points ahead of the Reds. Cubs are currently just 3.5 games back of 1st St. Louis who are 17-12 on the season. Fly a double flag @HOZER, this was a great day to be a Cubs fan. Brewers also lost today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs sweep double header today over the struggling Dodgers. Cubs now improve to 14-16 on the season and move into 3rd place in the NL Central %points ahead of the Reds. Cubs are currently just 3.5 games back of 1st St. Louis who are 17-12 on the season. Fly a double flag @HOZER, this was a great day to be a Cubs fan. Brewers also lost today.

This team I swear!!!!

 

tenor.gif?itemid=11858004

 

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HOZER said:

This team I swear!!!!

 

tenor.gif?itemid=11858004

 

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

The real question is can they become consistent at all? I mean Dodgers are now 4-12 in last 16 after starting really hot. They have had a hard time vs NL Central teams the last 3 series. I am hoping we can get consistent and Hendricks has found his touch with the new ball. Davies really needs to. And Arrieta is missing a start or 2 on IL same with Hoerner after collision and Winkler with right bicep tendinitis. Vargas called up, Thompson and Ryan were called up yesterday for it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joey Votto is out with a fractured thumb after getting hit in the hand today.  

 

John Means has a No-Hitter through 7 vs Seattle (Baltimore Pitcher)

 

Also @NFLfan I watch different games with the teams broadcast, and I gotta say NYM is probably one of my favorites as they dont sound dumb or say stupid things. Colorado Twitter is great, their announcers are crap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a nerve wracking game, Cubs pull it out in 11 Innings 6-5 and sweep the Dodgers. These were the kind of games we used to win, huge win. Cubs are now only 3 games out of 1st place behind the Cards in the NL Central, NL Central looks like this after tonight's play:

 

1. Cards 18-13

2. Brewers 17-14 (1 back) - they have lost 4 in a row now

3. Cubs 15-16 (3 back) - have won 3 in a row, almost back to .500

4. Reds 14-15 (3 back)

5. Pirates 13-17 (4.5 back)

 

I am hoping this is a start of something good, we will see?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Joey Votto is out with a fractured thumb after getting hit in the hand today.  

 

John Means has a No-Hitter through 7 vs Seattle (Baltimore Pitcher)

 

Also @NFLfan I watch different games with the teams broadcast, and I gotta say NYM is probably one of my favorites as they dont sound dumb or say stupid things. Colorado Twitter is great, their announcers are crap. 

 

Thank you! I have always liked the Mets broadcasters, TV ones as well as the radio guys. I used to listen to radio broadcasts with the legendary Bob Murphy and the future HoF broadcaster Gary Cohen. I appreciated them a lot because they were never homer-ish. They spoke glowingly about opposing players and coaches. I knew all the players back then. It is different now but I do like the tv broadcasters, one of which is the aforementioned Gary Cohen and former Mets Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling. They are great!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And another No-Hitter, as John Means pitches Baltimore's first one in 30 years vs Seattle. He missed a perfect game by one, as he faced only 27 batters but one reached on a drop third strike and then thrown out trying to steal second

 

@Coltsman1788 Congrats!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Thank you! I have always liked the Mets broadcasters, TV ones as well as the radio guys. I used to listen to radio broadcasts with the legendary Bob Murphy and the future HoF broadcaster Gary Cohen. I appreciated them a lot because they were never homer-ish. They spoke glowingly about opposing players and coaches. I knew all the players back then. It is different now but I do like the tv broadcasters, one of which is the aforementioned Gary Cohen and former Mets Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling. They are great!

The Cubs were spoiled with Len Kasper and Jim D for years, they were great together. Len left us to go to the White Sox this season unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

@Coltsman1788 Congrats!

Thanks NFLfan!  I honestly had not heard till I read your post.  Very excited to learn of this. It’s encouraging to have at least one young pitcher in the rotation with promise. That’s a break through performance by that young man. Been knocking on the door for awhile. Hopefully we hold on to him! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Thank you! I have always liked the Mets broadcasters, TV ones as well as the radio guys. I used to listen to radio broadcasts with the legendary Bob Murphy and the future HoF broadcaster Gary Cohen. I appreciated them a lot because they were never homer-ish. They spoke glowingly about opposing players and coaches. I knew all the players back then. It is different now but I do like the tv broadcasters, one of which is the aforementioned Gary Cohen and former Mets Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling. They are great!

 

Ya normally if I am watching one of the other games and Mets are playing I will it from them. They actually are knowledgeable about the other team, which sooo many are not. Some crews are just terrible as they try to act funny or say really dumb stuff 

 

11 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Thanks NFLfan!  I honestly had not heard till I read your post.  Very excited to learn of this. It’s encouraging to have at least one young pitcher in the rotation with promise. That’s a break through performance by that young man. Been knocking on the door for awhile. Hopefully we hold on to him! 

He pitched really well, just was mowing them down without an issue. I started watching in the 2nd on Mariners broadcast, and they just kept saying how well he was pitching without issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

You all ok with locking this thread and continuing with the 2021 thread?

Yeah just make the Title of the thread = Jay Kirk Baseball Thread 2021, Jay created this thread. Thanks. When the new thread is created, I will post some things about this thread, some history stuff, and some current stuff.

 

I will notify guys like @HOZER, @NFLfan, @Myles, @Barry Sears, @RollerColt, and of course @Jay Kirk of the change. Looks like Punters are People is aware of this already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • If it's a "four round draft" as they say, then I wouldn't mind doing the opposite of what we did last year.  Instead of turning 7 picks into 12, let's turn 7 picks into 4.  Trade lower round picks to move up, and get the highest quality we are able to.  Less quantity; greater quality.
    • I applaud the effort to took to lay this out.  And you've addressed the positional needs.  Z-receiver, FS, backup QB, IDL, and IOL.   My biggest question is if Quinyon Mitchell sufficiently rates as a "rare air" player at #15.  If all the impact players are gone by then, then I get it.  And maybe your model assumes that they are.  Or, in taking Moody, you remove the need to draft that position.  But I still can't help wanting more out of the #15 pick.
    • It ws 1.7% drop rate, which is still amazing. We took Josh Downs last year who only had a 2% drop rate for his draft.
    • Correction...............had Gilmore wanted to stay. 
    • Here is mine, but I will only give you my 1st round draft pick. I have to study the draft more to give you 7 picks. Some of you guys are out of my league and I even follow College Football quite a bit.    1. Franchise Tag Pittman - he will be happy making that kind of money over 1 year.   2. Re-sign Moore to a good 3 yr deal.   3. Re-sign Stewart to a good 3 yr deal. He can finish his career here.   4. Re-sign Sanchez to a good 3 yr deal   5. Re-sign Blackmon to a good 3 yr deal.   6. Re-sign Ronnie Harrison to a good 2 yr deal.   7. - I have decided to let Minshew walk, I hate it, but it is time to put all our marbles in AR's bag. Either AR is the real deal, or he isn't. He has had 1 year to play a little and then sit a lot at the same time. He has had 1 year to learn from Minshew and get a feel for Shane. He is now 100% heathy, I want it to be his team, no QB controversy + Minshew is going to want around 10 Mill a year after last season. Too much money. He was only making 3.5 Mill last season.   8. Moss walks as well, Taylor is the man, we just need someone average that can spell him from time to time and carry it maybe 8-10 times a game. In Shane's system, he can make an average RB look good at times.    9. Pinter walks - he is going to want more money.   10. Tyquan Lewis walks, that extra 2 Mill could help into signing a big Free Agent. Tough loss here but I want Mike Evans. I am just saving a little money here and there where I can.   11. Let McKenzie walk.   12. Release Ogletree.   13. Sign Mike Evans to a big 3 yr deal! He is 30 years and that is my cut off point to signing anyone to a big deal but he is a healthy 30. Played in every game last season and dominated. He has at least 2 great years left in him. When we tried this with Andre Johnson, Johnson was 34 and washed. This would be much different, + Evans is younger in that type of scenario.    14. I like your Tyrod Taylor idea, every team needs a back-up QB that is at least average as a whole. He would be cheap. He could win a game or 2 if AR missed 2 games. Maybe sign him to 1 yr, for 5 Mill. That is about what he was making in NY.    15. Draft Brock Bowers at #15! The TE that AR needs.   16. Draft the best CB on the board that is left with our 2nd round pick and gamble with it and hope he pans out. I can't say who that player will be because we won't know until draft night. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...