Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Cards within 1 game of the Brew Crew.   I'm still not to confident with this line up.   Only 5 players are hitting over .250 and Molina is out.  I expect Goldschmidt and Arenado to get it going soon.   The pitching finally got their team ERA under 4.   They have been better in the past week or so.  

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I keep waiting for the league to go to a machine that determines balls and strikes. That is the only way Umps can determine a game as of now since we have replay. They usually get replay right 99% of the time. You would still need a Ump behind the plate to call safe or out at home but a machine could be placed several feet behind the Ump to overrule what a Ump calls. A machine would be 100% accurate.

They are testing strike zone at lower levels, basically someone buzzes down strike or ball. And the replay system isn't working as its been terrible this year with so many missed calls

On 5/3/2021 at 7:33 AM, Myles said:

Cards within 1 game of the Brew Crew.   I'm still not to confident with this line up.   Only 5 players are hitting over .250 and Molina is out.  I expect Goldschmidt and Arenado to get it going soon.   The pitching finally got their team ERA under 4.   They have been better in the past week or so.  

Cardinals tied for first and have won 8 of their last 10.  Bats are heating up and pitching has improved...even Carlos Martinez is pitching well of late.  Bader is back and hitting well since his return.  

Cubs sweep double header today over the struggling Dodgers. Cubs now improve to 14-16 on the season and move into 3rd place in the NL Central %points ahead of the Reds. Cubs are currently just 3.5 games back of 1st St. Louis who are 17-12 on the season. Fly a double flag @HOZER, this was a great day to be a Cubs fan. Brewers also lost today.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs sweep double header today over the struggling Dodgers. Cubs now improve to 14-16 on the season and move into 3rd place in the NL Central %points ahead of the Reds. Cubs are currently just 3.5 games back of 1st St. Louis who are 17-12 on the season. Fly a double flag @HOZER, this was a great day to be a Cubs fan. Brewers also lost today.

This team I swear!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=11858004

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

6 hours ago, HOZER said:

This team I swear!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=11858004

The real question is can they become consistent at all? I mean Dodgers are now 4-12 in last 16 after starting really hot. They have had a hard time vs NL Central teams the last 3 series. I am hoping we can get consistent and Hendricks has found his touch with the new ball. Davies really needs to. And Arrieta is missing a start or 2 on IL same with Hoerner after collision and Winkler with right bicep tendinitis. Vargas called up, Thompson and Ryan were called up yesterday for it

Joey Votto is out with a fractured thumb after getting hit in the hand today.  

John Means has a No-Hitter through 7 vs Seattle (Baltimore Pitcher)

Also @NFLfan I watch different games with the teams broadcast, and I gotta say NYM is probably one of my favorites as they dont sound dumb or say stupid things. Colorado Twitter is great, their announcers are crap. 

What a nerve wracking game, Cubs pull it out in 11 Innings 6-5 and sweep the Dodgers. These were the kind of games we used to win, huge win. Cubs are now only 3 games out of 1st place behind the Cards in the NL Central, NL Central looks like this after tonight's play:

1. Cards 18-13

2. Brewers 17-14 (1 back) - they have lost 4 in a row now

3. Cubs 15-16 (3 back) - have won 3 in a row, almost back to .500

4. Reds 14-15 (3 back)

5. Pirates 13-17 (4.5 back)

I am hoping this is a start of something good, we will see?

6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Joey Votto is out with a fractured thumb after getting hit in the hand today.  

John Means has a No-Hitter through 7 vs Seattle (Baltimore Pitcher)

Also @NFLfan I watch different games with the teams broadcast, and I gotta say NYM is probably one of my favorites as they dont sound dumb or say stupid things. Colorado Twitter is great, their announcers are crap. 

Thank you! I have always liked the Mets broadcasters, TV ones as well as the radio guys. I used to listen to radio broadcasts with the legendary Bob Murphy and the future HoF broadcaster Gary Cohen. I appreciated them a lot because they were never homer-ish. They spoke glowingly about opposing players and coaches. I knew all the players back then. It is different now but I do like the tv broadcasters, one of which is the aforementioned Gary Cohen and former Mets Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling. They are great!

5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And another No-Hitter, as John Means pitches Baltimore's first one in 30 years vs Seattle. He missed a perfect game by one, as he faced only 27 batters but one reached on a drop third strike and then thrown out trying to steal second

@Coltsman1788 Congrats!

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you! I have always liked the Mets broadcasters, TV ones as well as the radio guys. I used to listen to radio broadcasts with the legendary Bob Murphy and the future HoF broadcaster Gary Cohen. I appreciated them a lot because they were never homer-ish. They spoke glowingly about opposing players and coaches. I knew all the players back then. It is different now but I do like the tv broadcasters, one of which is the aforementioned Gary Cohen and former Mets Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling. They are great!

The Cubs were spoiled with Len Kasper and Jim D for years, they were great together. Len left us to go to the White Sox this season unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@Coltsman1788 Congrats!

Thanks NFLfan!  I honestly had not heard till I read your post.  Very excited to learn of this. It’s encouraging to have at least one young pitcher in the rotation with promise. That’s a break through performance by that young man. Been knocking on the door for awhile. Hopefully we hold on to him! 

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Ya normally if I am watching one of the other games and Mets are playing I will it from them. They actually are knowledgeable about the other team, which sooo many are not. Some crews are just terrible as they try to act funny or say really dumb stuff 

11 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Thanks NFLfan!  I honestly had not heard till I read your post.  Very excited to learn of this. It’s encouraging to have at least one young pitcher in the rotation with promise. That’s a break through performance by that young man. Been knocking on the door for awhile. Hopefully we hold on to him! 

He pitched really well, just was mowing them down without an issue. I started watching in the 2nd on Mariners broadcast, and they just kept saying how well he was pitching without issue

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

You all ok with locking this thread and continuing with the 2021 thread?

Yeah just make the Title of the thread = Jay Kirk Baseball Thread 2021, Jay created this thread. Thanks. When the new thread is created, I will post some things about this thread, some history stuff, and some current stuff.

I will notify guys like @HOZER, @NFLfan, @Myles, @Barry Sears, @RollerColt, and of course @Jay Kirk of the change. Looks like Punters are People is aware of this already.

• NFLfan locked this topic

Archived