Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Freakin Rondon, our Bullpen is very suspect. 1 strike away from victory and the guy gives up a 3 run HR to Garner of all people. A game the Cubs should've had in the bag. Hey Princeton, that is why I miss Chapman, our Bullpen is a joke.

Still do not want to pay for AC it wasn't the bullpen it was Rondon

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on man, he gave up a 3 run HR and just needed 1 strike to end the game. This would've been a huge win, he blew it plain and simple.

I am not defending HR just stating it was one player not the entire bullpen 

Reminder: 

Wade Davis had pitched the last 3 days and was unavailable 

56 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@2006Coltsbestever Everything Will Be Okay

Yeah I am ok but Rondon can go suck an egg :sarcasm:. Anyway I had to do some massive research and found out Bud Selig actually changed the rule for Post Season games regarding rain outs. In a Post Season game, 9 Innings have to be completed regardless even if it continues the next day. So if a team scores 10 runs in the 1st Inning and leads 10-0 and the rains come pouring in in the 3rd Inning and it gets suspended, the score remains 10-0 and play resumes the next day in the 3rd Inning. That is great to know, that rule change took place in 2011 and I had no idea that it did. In the Regular Season 5 Innings still need to be completed though otherwise it is wiped from the books. No bigge there, the Playoffs is the main thing. It would suck if your team was up 10-0 in Game 1 of the WS and it got called in the 3rd Inning because of rain haha and they started from scratch but under the new rules not the case. Excellent rule change! Now we need to change the rule of HFA being determined by the winner of the All-Star game.

4 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Had to stop following game during 8th inning to go coach my sons baseball team, thinking the Cubs had it in the bag.....guess I was wrong!!!!! CRAP!!!!!

It is probably better that you did not watch that.

Yankees had plenty of opportunities to put runs on the board earlier in the game & ran themselves out of innings. Their defense was less than stellar yesterday as well. 

Almost got shut out for the first time this season before Gardner launched one in the 9th.

It really must have been like pouring salt on a wound seeing Chapman close it out.

Let's see how it unfolds today.

12 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yankees had plenty of opportunities to put runs on the board earlier in the game & ran themselves out of innings. Their defense was less than stellar yesterday as well. 

Almost got shut out for the first time this season before Gardner launched one in the 9th.

It really must have been like pouring salt on a wound seeing Chapman close it out.

Not for me AC was a pure rental what would have really hurt would have been if Castro had hit the HR

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yankees are playing well. And they are doing it mostly with young players. I like that. I would never have been a fan of the Yankees teams that traded away future very good to great players like Fred McGriff and Jay Buhner, both prospects in their farm system back in the day. McGriff ended up having a borderline Hall of Fame career. 

Things are different with the Yankees now.

Btw, congratulations on finally being named a "Senior Member". (It just means that you have over 1000 posts.)

3 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yeah congrats on the win, that was a tough one to take. Cubs played beautifully the whole game up until 2 outs in the 9th. Gardner smashed one out, I knew at that point you guys would win because Chap was coming in.

23 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@Jay Kirk how is life on the Wabash

It is not real nice down here along the Patoka, Wabash, White and Ohio

Every things flooded PT wasn't any way it couldn't be , what we have probably had 10 inches of rain in 2 weeks some areas down south close to you have had 13 or 14 . Its definitely not good hope we get some Sunshine for a few days and dry some up . I feel for families that have or will be devastated by this.

23 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There goes a wasted start by Hendricks, excellent outings by Duensing and Strop and wonderful D

Leake had the same thing happen pitched a gem had a 4-0 lead leaving in the 7th and loses game its devastating for moral. In his last start.

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Every things flooded PT wasn't any way it couldn't be , what we have probably had 10 inches of rain in 2 weeks some areas down south close to you have had 13 or 14 . Its definitely not good hope we get some Sunshine for a few days and dry some up . I feel for families that have or will be devastated by this.

It is bad down here and the sad thing it will only get worse when the water gets here from points North and East

Cards end up winning 10 -0 last night Bats are alive even in absence of Fowler and Piscotty . Pham looked good . Several Cards are at or above 300 avg . Now others are heading that way. If they would just move Wainwright to the pen lol . Lance Lynn was very good again hes heading towards being a stellar Ace and FA at end of year unless Cards get him to sign .

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

It is bad down here and the sad thing it will only get worse when the water gets here from points North and East

Yes I hear you we get it from north as well . Missouri is devastated as well.

13 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

That is a lot of rain! I pray for the best for everyone. We had torrential downpours yesterday with heavy winds. I can't imagine getting a full week of this. I hope everything is okay with you.

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes I hear you we get it from north as well . Missouri is devastated as well.

Princeton and Gibson County will get in from the North and South since the White and Patoka are Tributaries of Wabash and the Wabash the same with the Ohio

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is a lot of rain! I pray for the best for everyone. We had torrential downpours yesterday with heavy winds. I can't imagine getting a full week of this. I hope everything is okay with you.

Yes we are ok , our pond got within a few feet of our back door. If the saturation doesn't recede will end up losing my roses. Have not even started a garden thank God , it would be gone.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It has but Princeton and Gibson County is surrounded or crisscrosses by the White, Patoka, and Wabash Rivers with the Mighty Ohio only 30 miles away

Yes it will be a while on crest down there on all of them.

Archived