Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

Just now, NFLfan said:

 

I used to think they had good hitters in Votto, Bruce, Phillips and others. Phillips is in the top 5 in batting average this year with the Braves. 

All of those players are good hitters but they didn't come up big when it mattered. At the most important times, their bats would go silent

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5995

  • NFLfan

    2335

  • Jay Kirk

    2232

  • PrincetonTiger

    1858

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Mines at least delayed the inevitable....I've abused my back all my life and my job now certainly doesn't help....I'll have to pay the piper at some point.

3 level fusion in 2011. Dealt with it since 1988. Couldn't any longer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

 

Believe me I feel your pain .

 

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Mines at least delayed the inevitable....I've abused my back all my life and my job now certainly doesn't help....I'll have to pay the piper at some point.

 

10 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

 

I've had serious back issues in my past & it's not pleasant.

 

Sorry to hear that. The few times I have had back pain, it was awful. Thankfully it has never lasted long.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I used to think they had good hitters in Votto, Bruce, Phillips and others. Phillips is in the top 5 in batting average this year with the Braves. 

Too bad they let those guys go in trades or FA

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

All of those players are good hitters but they didn't come up big when it mattered. At the most important times, their bats would go silent

 

Oh, did not know that. 

 

Where are all the Reds fans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

Oh, did not know that. 

 

Where are all the Reds fans?

I used to watch the Reds all the time on FS Ohio. I'm in Central Indiana so I get White Sox, Cubs and Reds games. Pretty awesome to have so many games on a regular basis

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I used to watch the Reds all the time on FS Ohio. I'm in Central Indiana so I get White Sox, Cubs and Reds games. Pretty awesome to have so many games on a regular basis

Down here in TigerTown I get The Reds and Cards

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hope it is better.

My surgery was a success. It's better but will never be great. My story is a very long & very interesting one.

The Readers Digest version is that the surgeon who did my fusion has lost his license to practice because he was never qualified to do back surgery. I was one of his success stories.

 

My back is better but it has created other residual issues.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

My surgery was a success. It's better but will never be great. My story is a very long & very interesting one.

The Readers Digest version is that the surgeon who did my fusion has lost his license to practice because he was never qualified to do back surgery. I was one of his success stories.

 

My back is better but it has created other residual issues.

 

That is a little scary.

 

I knew someone who had such terrible back pain that at times she could not get up from a chair without 2 people helping her. She spent a lot of her savings to have laser back surgery that was not covered by insurance. It "cured" her of her back pain. She said it was one of the best investments she ever made.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is not constant just when I stand for long periods of time(One Leg is shorter than the other)

I have constant pain in my lower back, feet, and knees. It's tolerable pain but I can tolerate a lot  LOL. It's just due to me being a runner for years. I used to run 5-7 miles a day for years and was even in the mini-marathon years ago which is 13 Miles here in Indy. May always reminds me of the Marathon as I ran it right at 2 hours. Anyway that is why I am careful now days at how hard I push myself but because of the lack of exercise I am about 20 pounds over WT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

My surgery was a success. It's better but will never be great. My story is a very long & very interesting one.

The Readers Digest version is that the surgeon who did my fusion has lost his license to practice because he was never qualified to do back surgery. I was one of his success stories.

 

My back is better but it has created other residual issues.

That isn't good!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coltsfansince65 said:

Any sciatica pain? Mine was bone degeneration due to repaired discs in 88.

I was born with a Cerebral Palsy Like disorder affecting my right side(When I was little I called my right hand my baby hand and routinely had to buy to different sized Left and Right Shoes). The Back is a side effect of this

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

That is a little scary.

 

I knew someone who had such terrible pain that at times she could not get up from a chair without 2 people helping her. She spent a lot of her savings to have laser back surgery that was not covered by insurance. It "cured" her of her back pain. She said it was one of the best investments she ever made.

My initial surgery in 88 was supposed to be laser surgery. I ended up not fitting the criteria once they got in because of the location of nerves in relation to the discs being repaired. There is MUCH MORE involved in my recent surgery in 2011. This guy turned out to be an absolute menace who wound up literally crippling some people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have constant pain in my lower back, feet, and knees. It's tolerable pain but I can tolerate a lot  LOL. It's just due to me being a runner for years. I used to run 5-7 miles a day for years and was even in the mini-marathon years ago which is 13 Miles here in Indy. May always reminds me of the Marathon as I ran it right at 2 hours. Anyway that is why I am careful now days at how hard I push myself but because of the lack of exercise I am about 20 pounds over WT.

I haven't been able to run since College due to the threat of falling and etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

My initial surgery in 88 was supposed to be laser surgery. I ended up not fitting the criteria once they got in because of the location of nerves in relation to the discs being repaired. There is MUCH MORE involved in my recent surgery in 2011. This guy turned out to be an absolute menace who wound up literally crippling some people.

 

That is awful. Thank goodness you're okay. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I was born with a Cerebral Palsy Like disorder affecting my right side(When I was little I called my right hand my baby hand and routinely had to buy to different sized Left and Right Shoes). The Back is a side effect of this

I don't know your age but I'm thinking this may have wider effect as you get older because of the body compensating. Does that sound like a reasonable assumption?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I haven't been able to run since College due to the threat of falling

I was never big on running. (probably a good thing based on my history) I can imagine how that could really have a negative effect on those who were always runners. I have never run on anything but a treadmill since 88. Since 2011 I can't even tolerate a treadmill very well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I was born with a Cerebral Palsy Like disorder affecting my right side(When I was little I called my right hand my baby hand and routinely had to buy to different sized Left and Right Shoes). The Back is a side effect of this

Damn man you are making me sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coltsfansince65 said:

I was never big on running. (probably a good thing based on my history) I can imagine how that could really have a negative effect on those who were always runners. I have never run on anything but a treadmill since 88. Since 2011 I can't even tolerate a treadmill very well.

I never liked to run either was a OL and Thrower but as I said earlier to participate esp. Football I looked like a Mummy

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

My nephew who has had 2 major knee surgeries now faces a hip replacement because of how he has walked compensating for the knee for many years. He's 53.

I know my limits and do not push them

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

My nephew who has had 2 major knee surgeries now faces a hip replacement because of how he has walked compensating for the knee for many years. He's 53.

 

That is young for so many surgeries. Is he an athlete?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...